[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][OneUI3.1] TWRP 3.5.1_10.0 For Samsung M51

Search This thread

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Thanks again. I just wiped the internal storage through TWRP and it worked. By the way I don't see how I can format the internal storage partition with TWRP the only Format option I see is to Format to Format Data and I don't see a possibility to choose ext4.

Also when Browsing with TWRP File manager it appears the internal storage accessed either through /sdcard or /data/media/0 is still encrypted.

The only strange thing that I cannot boot in recovery mode directly by holding volume up and power. To run TWRP I have to go first in Download mode with odin running on my pc then just cancel by holding volume down and power and then holding volume up and power will run TWRP

I know Netflix is supposed not to work, Trying to see if can uninstall Netflix and re install the regular apk but Titanium backup does not succeed in removing it. I don't know how Netflix managed this but if all pre installed app do the same way it will become a mess for us.
yep data decryption is not working.. Samsung has managed to still get it working even after flashing multidisabler. So you have to use an sdcard or USB otg to flash files.
Try booting into twrp by holding volume up and power them insert the USB cable.
I didn't try removing preinstalled apps because I didn't use the stock rom for a single day

helena.wilson

Jul 24, 2021
yep data decryption is not working.. Samsung has managed to still get it working even after flashing multidisabler. So you have to use an sdcard or USB otg to flash files.
Try booting into twrp by holding volume up and power them insert the USB cable.
I didn't try removing preinstalled apps because I didn't use the stock rom for a single day
I see, So what is the purpose of multidisabler ? I thought it was related to encryption. I will try your lineage, the only thing that refrain me to go with it is that I understand there will not have any update as nobody has taken your work further so far. I bought this phone for the outstanding battery but it is stuck in a sort of no man's land and very difficult to buy at least in Europe.

Thanks again for your valuable help

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
I see, So what is the purpose of multidisabler ? I thought it was related to encryption. I will try your lineage, the only thing that refrain me to go with it is that I understand there will not have any update as nobody has taken your work further so far. I bought this phone for the outstanding battery but it is stuck in a sort of no man's land and very difficult to buy at least in Europe.

Thanks again for your valuable help
Multidisabler used to disable encryption on android 10 (oneui2.5) and prevent roll back to stock recovery.
Now it only prevents roll back to stock recovery, but it can't disable data encryption

helena.wilson

Jul 24, 2021
Multidisabler used to disable encryption on android 10 (oneui2.5) and prevent roll back to stock recovery.
Now it only prevents roll back to stock recovery, but it can't disable data encryption
Thanks I understand better now. By the way for those interested, it was easy to remove Netflix with Total Commander (just by searching from the root folder any file or folder with "Netflix"inside its name and afterward deleting them. You need Total commander in root mode and have it use root for all funstions in the parameters) After you cannot get netflix from Google Play but you can Install the Regular Netflix Package with adb provided you get it from another phone or source)

Thanks again for the valuable explanations and support.

Best to you.

Reactions: LehKeda

onurmemo77

Jul 28, 2015
Data backup doesn't work because of data encryption.
Yes! it's working without any problems with lineage 18
Hello myfriend, First of all, thank you so much for your efforts.
When is this going to be okay?

(- Data backup is not working due to device encryption.)

I'm so sad. 😢😢 I've been waiting a year.😢😢

onurmemo77

Jul 28, 2015
Hello friends, does twrp work for galaxy m51 android 12 oneui core, ?
Twrp for Galaxy M51 android 12 one ui core,and can I get magisk link? Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICES, DATA LOSS, OR THE WORLD WAR III...
    FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
    ALWAYS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING CAREFULLY.
    IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, ASK IN THE COMMENTS BELOW OR IN THE TELEGRAM GROUP FOR HELP. OTHERWISE, DON'T BLAME ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF

Bugs
    -Userdata decryption is not working. You can flash multi disabler (check this before flashing) to disable encryption or use an external SD or USB OTG for putting ZIPs and IMGs on it in order to flash them
    - Data backup is not working due to device encryption

How to Install
    0. READ F.A.Q section first here
    1. Unlock your bootloader
    2. Boot to Odin mode
    3. Check AP box and select TWRP tar file

4. Hit start
    5. Reboot to TWRP and flash multi disabler if you want (check this before flashing it)
    6. Have fun

Download
    TWRP 3.5.1_10 - Beta 2
    Multi Disabler

Sources
    TWRP device tree
    Kernel source
    Change Log:

Beta 2 - 24th of March 2021

- Update to latest kernel 4.14.190
    - Fix MTP on the latest kernel
    - Clean up dynamic partitions
    - Released kernel 4.14.190 source

Beta 1 - 20th of March 2021
    - Initial Release
    F.A.Q:

What is data encryption and why doesn't it work on TWRP?

Samsung M51 uses file-based encryption that encrypts the user data partition.
    By default, TWRP can't decrypt user data partition, which makes it impossible for us to access the internal device storage from TWRP or recovery MTP, which means you can't put ROM files on your internal phone storage and flash them from there.

What is Multi disabler and how does it affect your phone?
    - Multi disabler disables and removes the encryption on the data partition, which makes it possible for you to access your internal storage from TWRP or recovery MTP. thus, making it possible for you to flash files from internal storage.
    - Removing the encryption on your device's internal storage makes it possible for you to access your files from recovery directly, which makes it possible for anyone to access your private files without your permission from recovery.
    - All of the above means that your device will be less secure. So if you care about device encryption then don't flash the multi disabler and use a USB OTG or a sdcard to flash ROMs, which I recommend. Otherwise, flash the multi disabler at your own risk!!!
    - FLASHINF MULTI DISABLER REQUIRES PERFORMING A FULL DATA WIPE WHICH MEANS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA. SO BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE FLASHING IT.

My device keeps rebooting to recovery after flashing TWRP, why?
    Most probably you will need to wipe your data partition and flash multidisabler

Data backup is not working even after flashing multidisabller, why?
    Current multidisabler still can't fully disable FBE encryption, which means that TWRP can't read data partition at all, hence creating backups will always fail.
    Reserved just in case
    thank you for your efforts. i installed this twrp and flashed mutlidisabler. also formatted data before reboot. Unfortunately twrp does not allow to create backups. Cannot unmount system partition etc...Your android 10 TWRP version is creating and restoring backups allright. So for now have to continue using android 10!