[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]OrangeFox Recovery Project for Galaxy A20e (SM-A202F, SM-A202K)

Search This thread

Royna

Aug 23, 2018
Project Treble
Samsung Galaxy A6
https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F6Do3UIMhTaP5Fy7bxNg21mHsR_0%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimage.ibb.co%252FcTMWux%252Flogo.jpg

Code:
Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
A lot.

FEATURES
* Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
* Increased compatibility with TWRP
* Updated with latest TWRP commits
* Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
* Built-in support for installing Magisk
* AromaFM
* Password
* Better language support
* Optimized versions of community scripts
* Fox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of splash screen
* Alternative lockscreen
* And many more!

Downloads:
https://github.com/roynatech2544/OrangeFox_Recovery_A20e/releases

Bugs:
adb sideload

Credits
* TeamWin - for TWRP
* The OrangeFox Team - for your hard work

Contributors
XynXDotnest for providing the prebuilt images (I forked his twrp tree)

( @Mijotchi Sorry For Not crediting you)

@physwizz for the awesome kernel
(This Recovery is based on physwizz's kernel)
(Reference: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-a20/development/a20e-testers-t4183683 )

Source Code: https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox
Device-tree: https://github.com/roynatech2544/OrangeFox_Recovery_A20e

P.S. Please write a review about this recovery if it worked on your phone. I'm trying to get it official but the progress has been stopped because of lack of feedbacks

Last edited:
W

whiteshell

This recovery works greatly on my a20e. Everything works well. MTP is still bit buggy.:D
P.S. What is "Have you lost something?" on the top of recovery menu?

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
physwizz v1.60 A20e (SM-a202xx)
@physwizz

-Most securities disabled
-CPU Governors: conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, interactive, performance.
-Interactive is default governor
-SE linux enforcing
-CPU overclocked and underclocked
-Big: 208 - 2184
-Little: 208 - 1690
-GPU: 343 - 1300
-Extended battery life
-Works with Magisk 21
-Spectrum support enabled
-1.61mb dtbo.img (Thanks to geckyn & Chatur for dtbo config method)

CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS?

handycup

Mar 7, 2021
Great job man! Now I can backup/restore on my a20e (SM-A202F/DS) no decryption issues, magisk works just fine on stock ROM. I still can't get to flash any custom ROMs from recovery, tried with combinations of Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip and GSI_Fix_boot.zip also, but I get some mount error, and the no OS installed warning when rebooting After that, I can only do wipes, reboot to recovery, format, then I can try to flash ROMs again

The only ROM I was able to flash was an AOSP, but was using the TWRP guide for a20e, with no fox recovery. Don't know if is related to my phone model, all I do from scratch is:

Flash stock ROM with Odin (bootloader already unlocked)
Boot Android q, finish setup and enable USB debug.
Turn off the phone and boot into recovery

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Great job man! Now I can backup/restore on my a20e (SM-A202F/DS) no decryption issues, magisk works just fine on stock ROM. I still can't get to flash any custom ROMs from recovery, tried with combinations of Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip and GSI_Fix_boot.zip also, but I get some mount error, and the no OS installed warning when rebooting After that, I can only do wipes, reboot to recovery, format, then I can try to flash ROMs again

The only ROM I was able to flash was an AOSP, but was using the TWRP guide for a20e, with no fox recovery. Don't know if is related to my phone model, all I do from scratch is:

Flash stock ROM with Odin (bootloader already unlocked)
Boot Android q, finish setup and enable USB debug.
Turn off the phone and boot into recovery
Try here too
A20e Root,Kernel and TWRP

handycup

Mar 7, 2021
Sorry but I don't know how to proceed, I'm using stock ROM and using fox recovery, what I have to do next? I gave a try flashing UltimateQ_s21_port_V9, but get stuck with no errors, maybe some magisk conflict with the magisk present in the recovery? It was the last line in the log. Maybe I'm flashing things in wrong order, or I need some specific file/tweak for my device. I get a lot of errors about vendor when flashing or mounting, when I start from scratch, I flash stock ROM with Odin, and I flash all the sections, including home, then I flash recovery with Odin.

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Sorry but I don't know how to proceed, I'm using stock ROM and using fox recovery, what I have to do next? I gave a try flashing UltimateQ_s21_port_V9, but get stuck with no errors, maybe some magisk conflict with the magisk present in the recovery? It was the last line in the log. Maybe I'm flashing things in wrong order, or I need some specific file/tweak for my device. I get a lot of errors about vendor when flashing or mounting, when I start from scratch, I flash stock ROM with Odin, and I flash all the sections, including home, then I flash recovery with Odin.
try the link to the ROM on this page.

Try a different TWRP
I found Orange Fox to have some issues

handycup

Mar 7, 2021

Try a different TWRP
I tried TWRP 3.4 by @Topser99 worked fine, then flashed Orange Fox on top in case of compatibility issues with backup's. Now backup starts with no errors but get stuck during process, also happened the same installing Ultimate Q S21, V3 and V9. I was able to install AOSP V10 and V11, I just had to wipe only caches data and system, then flash the ROM without flashing any other file

I'm going to run some other test with other TWRP's, I still have some issues with Magisk, with a Superuser app prompt saying the app is obsolete, but can't update with Google Play Store. But roots seems to work fine, just the notification is a little boring

I can't believe to see running the latest treble available (11) on my device, using the GO version with little Google on it for low RAM devices. Still don't know what ROM to use for daily basis, is Android 11 stable for a20e devices, or better stick with V10? Custom ROM's I still wasn't able to flash/boot one, and I'm worried about privacy and lack's of future updates, have you tried some good ROMs?

Reactions: Topser99

Topser99

Mar 28, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A20
I tried TWRP 3.4 by @Topser99 worked fine, then flashed Orange Fox on top in case of compatibility issues with backup's. Now backup starts with no errors but get stuck during process, also happened the same installing Ultimate Q S21, V3 and V9. I was able to install AOSP V10 and V11, I just had to wipe only caches data and system, then flash the ROM without flashing any other file

I'm going to run some other test with other TWRP's, I still have some issues with Magisk, with a Superuser app prompt saying the app is obsolete, but can't update with Google Play Store. But roots seems to work fine, just the notification is a little boring

I can't believe to see running the latest treble available (11) on my device, using the GO version with little Google on it for low RAM devices. Still don't know what ROM to use for daily basis, is Android 11 stable for a20e devices, or better stick with V10? Custom ROM's I still wasn't able to flash/boot one, and I'm worried about privacy and lack's of future updates, have you tried some good ROMs?
rom custom or gsi, I use only to test things. But for daily use, I use the stock

Reactions: handycup

handycup

Mar 7, 2021
rom custom or gsi, I use only to test things. But for daily use, I use the stock
I tried debloating before messing with ROMs, but then system felt unstable... what can I do, to let things more secure? A bit worried using pay apps on rooted phone.

I just tested your TWRP 3.5, flashed AOSP 11 + backup/restore, everything's works, great job!

Still no luck installing Magisk atm

EDIT: With AOSP V10 Magisk works too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Topser99

Topser99

Mar 28, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A20
I tried debloating before messing with ROMs, but then system felt unstable... what can I do, to let things more secure? A bit worried using pay apps on rooted phone.

I just tested your TWRP 3.5, flashed AOSP 11 + backup/restore, everything's works, great job!

You try flash Magisk A11 PATH_max first then flash magsik
👇

Reactions: handycup

handycup

Mar 7, 2021
Keep it for use when you flash your stock.
So I have to flash multidisabler-samsung before flashing ROM?

Edit: I tried to: format-flash multi-disabler-flash AOSP V11 ROM. When I try login to google, play store come black and freeze. I tried Gapps version and Gapps vndklite, same beaviour. Magisk give me some mounting error, after flashing in TWRP

Edit2: It's working! Flashed multidisabler, AOSP V11 (vanilla),NikGapps, fix for Magisk, Magisk 22, and the Magisk apk after reboot.
I had issues flashing anything after flashing ROM step, I had to boot Rom first, then I can continue flashing with no errors

Last edited:

nidowak653

Mar 22, 2022
how do i uninstall multidisabler-samsung-3.2b5 it removed fbe which i need. now i cant remove it. WILL U STOP DISABLEING ENCRYPTION

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F6Do3UIMhTaP5Fy7bxNg21mHsR_0%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimage.ibb.co%252FcTMWux%252Flogo.jpg

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    A lot.

FEATURES
    * Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
    * Increased compatibility with TWRP
    * Updated with latest TWRP commits
    * Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
    * Built-in support for installing Magisk
    * AromaFM
    * Password
    * Better language support
    * Optimized versions of community scripts
    * Fox theme engine:
    - choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
    - choice of color scheme
    - choice of splash screen
    * Alternative lockscreen
    * And many more!

Downloads:
    https://github.com/roynatech2544/OrangeFox_Recovery_A20e/releases

Bugs:
    adb sideload

Credits
    * TeamWin - for TWRP
    * The OrangeFox Team - for your hard work

Contributors
    XynXDotnest for providing the prebuilt images (I forked his twrp tree)

( @Mijotchi Sorry For Not crediting you)

@physwizz for the awesome kernel
    (This Recovery is based on physwizz's kernel)
    (Reference: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-a20/development/a20e-testers-t4183683 )

Source Code: https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox
    Device-tree: https://github.com/roynatech2544/OrangeFox_Recovery_A20e

P.S. Please write a review about this recovery if it worked on your phone. I'm trying to get it official but the progress has been stopped because of lack of feedbacks

Try a different TWRP

EDIT: With AOSP V10 Magisk works too!

You try flash Magisk A11 PATH_max first then flash magsik
    👇