[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] OrangeFox Recovery Project [OnePlus 8 / 8t / 8 Pro / 9r] [16-Jan-2023]

Search This thread

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
I can boot all three version of the recovery, but it seems none of them can decrypt data. The Data partition dimension is 0mb.
Anyway, is the first time I use orange fox, and i don't know it very well....
Yes I guess that is because your ROM is using FBEv1 and this Orangefox is using FBEv2 as decryption method.
Then I guess you have to wait until another Recovery for FBEv1 is available.
I know someone already build Orangefox with FBEv1 but that is not ready yet to be published I guess.

Reactions: Marcyvee

Marcyvee

Oct 9, 2015
Yes I guess that is because your ROM is using FBEv1 and this Orangefox is using FBEv2 as decryption method.
Then I guess you have to wait until another Recovery for FBEv1 is available.
I know someone already build Orangefox with FBEv1 but that is not ready yet to be published I guess.
You're probably right.
Anyway, I have a question: I tried with all three version of the recovery to tap "decrypt data". It ask me to type a password or a pin, but no pattern. Then I set a PIN instead of the pattenr i usually use, but nothing, none of them can decrypt data partition.
Why there's not the possibility to unencrypt with the pattern?
And, is there a way to check whats kind of encryption my rom is using?

Christos_A

Oct 18, 2017
Sony Xperia XA
OnePlus 5T
Hey, I booted the recovery using the fastboot boot command, then tried to flash it using the "Flash Current Orangefox" button under options. Issue is, from the logs it seems the recovery tried flashing itself to the boot image (backing up boot, patching boot etc), while our devices have a dedicated recovery partition. There was no mention of anything being flashed to the recovery partition on the logs.
I didn't try booting to either recovery or system after that, i opted to reflash the stock recovery/boot image of my rom using fastboot and then flash the recovery from there instead, but i assume this is not the intended behavior here.
I used the latest V13 erofs build of the recovery on an OnePlus 8T on EvoX A13

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
Hey, I booted the recovery using the fastboot boot command, then tried to flash it using the "Flash Current Orangefox" button under options. Issue is, from the logs it seems the recovery tried flashing itself to the boot image (backing up boot, patching boot etc), while our devices have a dedicated recovery partition. There was no mention of anything being flashed to the recovery partition on the logs.
I didn't try booting to either recovery or system after that, i opted to reflash the stock recovery/boot image of my rom using fastboot and then flash the recovery from there instead, but i assume this is not the intended behavior here.
I used the latest V13 erofs build of the recovery on an OnePlus 8T on EvoX A13
Yes flash current Orangefox does not work on our Oneplus devices as that will flash to the boot partition instead of the recovery partition!!
I thought I had disabled that option in the latest Version. Have to check that!

So if you want to flash Orangefox to your phone you do it with fastboot flash recovery and the filename to the .img file of the Orangefox Version you want to flash!

Reactions: Christos_A

Marcyvee

Oct 9, 2015
Here is a Orangefox Version for OP8pro using FBEv1
I've just tried this versions too, but the problem is the same: both boots, but I can't figure out how to decrypt data. Do I have to remove the pattern or set a different lock? Such as a PIN?
Anyway, how to check what is my rom using between erofs and ext4? Which partition do I have to check?

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
I've just tried this versions too, but the problem is the same: both boots, but I can't figure out how to decrypt data. Do I have to remove the pattern or set a different lock? Such as a PIN?
Anyway, how to check what is my rom using between erofs and ext4? Which partition do I have to check?
With Devcheck app for example you can check the filesystem of the System partition if it is EXT4 or EROFS.

Reactions: Marcyvee

Marcyvee

Oct 9, 2015
I think I have to format data partition.
Now I can boot or install orange fox, but I can't decrypt data. What can I do without decrypt it?
Can I install ota updates? Flash zips from USB otg? Flash Magisk through the tool?

Marcyvee

Oct 9, 2015
Today I had to formatted data to update the rom. I try to reinstall the recovery, and this time works well! Adb sideload works, flashing zips too, and also the data decryption.

Reactions: Wishmasterflo

Marcyvee

Oct 9, 2015
Today I had to formatted data to update the rom. I try to reinstall the recovery, and this time works well! Adb sideload works, flashing zips too, and also the data decryption.
Anyway, I can't flash the zip. It says it's a package for istantnoodlep, and the device is an one plus 8 pro. Isn't the same?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated Version

Changelog

R12.1 V14 16-Jan-2023
    - Updated Version with OOS13 F19 OP9R Kernel
    - Synced with latest fox_12.1 changes
    - Fixed props settings for the different Kona devices
    - Fixed file formatting from Windows to Linux which was causing file issues in the device tree
    - Added a Magisk flashable Module for Orangefox (thanks to MeHigh.G)

Still known issues:
    - USB file transfer not working in the OOS13 based Orangefox
    - Fastbootd not working in the OOS13 based Orangefox
    - No EROFS OOS13 based Version yet (will build that later, want to fix the other issues first!)
    hey there
    yesterday I installed Oos13 unintentionally on my Op8pro and i am really pissed bout myself.
    i am on holiday and no access to PC. so i am stuck with oos13, root is gone since phone restarted after update.
    Is there any chance i can sideload magisk.zip whe i boot Organgefox recovery in fastboot at home?

thanks
    Yes Magisk is added in the Orangefox addons. So just boot to Orangefox and click on the fox addons in the options and then Install Magisk.
    Yes Magisk is added in the Orangefox addons. So just boot to Orangefox and click on the fox addons in the options and then Install Magisk.
    thanks
    gonna try it asap
    If memory serves, you can hold down the Power btn + Volume Down btn together for about 10 seconds or so and it'll force a reboot of the phone.
    Are the FBEv1 still in development?
    I dont know, the FBEv1 Versions are not done by me.
    I only do the FBEv2 Versions.
    OrangeFox Recovery Project

logo.jpg

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

OrangeFox Recovery for the Oneplus 8 / 8t / 8 Pro / 9r
    Download (for Android 12.x, 13 ROMs) (OOS12/OOS13 Based)

Download FBEv1 Version Oneplus 8Pro

Boot it with: fastboot boot OrangeFox-R12.1-Unofficial-OPKONA-V14.img
    or flash it with: fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox-R12.1-Unofficial-OPKONA-V14.img

Orangefox R12.1 can only be flashed to the recovery partition if you have OOS12 Firmware, but you can still boot it with fastboot boot if you are on OOS11 Firmware and need to decrypt data on Android 12 or Android 13 ROMs.
    Some things like USB OTG etc are not working when using fox_12.1 on OOS11 Firmware!

If the touchscreen is not working for you after booting/flashing Orangefox please Update your OOS/Firmware to a newer Version!

Take a look at
    this Post from TWRP in regards of Backup and Restore or
    here from the Orangefox wiki.

Keep in mind! Never flash a recovery file if you are not on the same OOS Firmware as the recovery is for, otherwise you will end up in Qualcomm Crashdump mode or just a black screen.
    Always just do a fastboot boot recovery.img until you are on the same OOS Firmware on your phone as the recovery is for, only then you can flash it with fastboot flash recovery as well!

From OOS11 Firmware to OOS12 Firmware ROM
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Check DDR RAM type (from Windows cmd)
    adb shell getprop ro.boot.ddr_type
    0 - represents your device is LPDDR4X (use DDR0 Firmware file)
    1 - represents your device is LPDDR5 (use DDR1 Firmware file)

or from Terminal on your phone
    getprop ro.boot.ddr_type

When you are on OOS12 use this from the Orangefox Terminal:
    cat /proc/devinfo/ddr_type

Download latest Orangefox 12.1 img file from here
    Download OOS12 flashable Firmware for your phone from here or, Oneplus 8t, Oneplus 9r
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot OrangeFox_R12.1-xx.img
    adb sideload fw_Oneplus8T_EU_c21_DDR0.zip
    adb rebooot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox_R12.1-xx.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    Apply Update - apply via ADB
    adb sideload ROM.zip
    Factory reset/Format Data
    Reboot System

From OOS12 Firmware to OOS11 Firmware ROM
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Please only use this right now when you have DDR4 RAM in your phone!

Check DDR RAM type (from Windows cmd)
    adb shell getprop ro.boot.ddr_type

or from Terminal on your phone
    getprop ro.boot.ddr_type

When you are on OOS12 use this from the Orangefox Terminal:
    cat /proc/devinfo/ddr_type

Download latest Orangefox 12.1 img file from here
    Download OOS11 flashable Firmware for your phone from here or, Oneplus 8t, Oneplus 9r
    Download Recovery_OOS11_FW_Android12_decryption.img from here
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot Orangefox R12.1 recovery
    flash OOS11.0.13.13 Firmware
    flash ROM.zip
    reboot to bootloader
    fastboot boot Recovery_OOS11_FW_Android12_decryption.img
    Factory reset/Format Data
    Reboot System

ROM Flashing instructions:
    (take a look at the Spoiler above if you need to switch OOS Firmware Base for your ROM)
    -Flash ROM
    -Flash OrangeFox (only when your device is on the same OOS FW as the recovery)
    -Reboot to recovery (to switch slot)
    -Flash Gapps (if needed)
    -Flash Magisk (Magisk can be installed through Fox addons - Install Magisk as well)
    -Format data
    -Reboot to system

If you get a Bootloop after flashing a ROM and having done a Format Data do the below:

Boot to bootloader and:
    - fastboot devices
    - fastboot -w
    - fastboot reboot

Source Code: https://gitlab.com/OrangeFox
    Device Tree (A12):
    https://github.com/Wishmasterflo/device_oneplus_opkona/releases
    Device Tree OP8/8Pro FBEv1: https://github.com/SENSEIIIII/twrp_device_OnePlus_instantnoodlep
    Wiki/FAQ: https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/guides

OrangeFox Version: R12.1
    Version: V14 beta
    Last Updated: 16-Jan-2023

Changelog
    R12.1 V14 16-Jan-2023
    - Fixed file formatting from Windows to Linux which was causing file issues in the device tree

old Changelogs

Credits
    * ApexLegend007 for Android 12.1 device Tree
    * The-Incognito for Recovery Trees of Oneplus 8T
    * YumeMichi For Implementing Erofs and Other Misc
    * bigbiff for decryption
    * Pranav Talmale for decryption
    * Systemad for original tree
    * CaptainThrowback for original tree
    * mauronofrio for original tree
    * BillGoss for Backup and Restore
    * Qnorsten for OOS fix
    * TWRP team
    * OrangeFox team
    If we're on 12 now, can we flash this through magisk, or do we need to sideload?
    To flash Orangefox do it with fastboot flash recovery Orangefox.img .
    The other ways to flash might not work or throw errors.
    Updated Version

Changelog

R12.1 V14 16-Jan-2023

Still known issues:
    - USB file transfer not working in the OOS13 based Orangefox
    - Fastbootd not working in the OOS13 based Orangefox
    - No EROFS OOS13 based Version yet (will build that later, want to fix the other issues first!)
    thanks so much for hookin up the op8 users with a recovery that has some substance :)

Am I correct in assuming that I'm not seeing anything in my data partition (for backup purposes) because of this?

Just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing something!
    Yes correct.
    I think I have to format data partition.
    Now I can boot or install orange fox, but I can't decrypt data. What can I do without decrypt it?
    Can I install ota updates? Flash zips from USB otg? Flash Magisk through the tool?
    Yes you can install via USB OTG or ADB sideload