• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][RMX2170][v3.0.0] Pitch Black Recovery [10/12/20]

Search This thread

Huebabbel

Aug 12, 2015
I have flashed the vbmeta.img from the stock ROM, as described here. PBRP started just fine afterwards.

[Edit]
It worked for a bunch of changes and upgrades, but now I am stuck at "The current image (boot/recovery) have been destroyed" again, after upgrading to Android 11.

My phone started out at the original ROM. Might have been RMX2170EU_11_OTA_0300_all_r65B0b2xK8YC.ozip.
Here I flashed PBRP with the stock vbmeta from that very ROM as described and it worked fine.
The stock ROM then offered me another OTA to RMX2170EU version A.38, so RMX2170EU_11_OTA_0380_all_ePoA62jksSTW.ozip.
I downloaded it, extracted the vbmeta.img from it, flashed it, started it, rebooted to bootloader and flashed PBRP with the new vbmeta.img again. This also worked.
Now I was offered the C.23 update, finally Android 11: RMX2170EU_11_OTA_12300680_all_x5GgJ22d5T3o_Ozip
So, same process again of getting the latest vbmeta.img from that file before flashing it using PBRP.
Everything worked fine, even running the new Android version.

Yet now the same process of flashing PBRP with the vbmeta.img results in the "have been destroyed" error now that the Android 11 update was applied. Also vbmeta from the previous version does not fix it.

[Edit2]
And it works with the vbmeta from the Android 11 update - just not with this recovery.
I noticed the OrangeFox thread with Android 11 in the title, so I flashed that one instead, and it works! No more "recovery has been destroyed". But I am stuck at issues with it now, like it not decrypting the internal storage like PBRP did with Android 10 before.

[Edit3]
To fix the FBE encryption I just had to format, not wipe data when installing the new ROM. So apparently everything works just fine now.

Last edited:
Hey there ! plz give VBmeta file. Today I stuck in bootloop plz help 😭😭
@NickOp I deleted two of your posts. Please compltely review the XDA Forum Rules but with special emphasis on rule no. 5, post only once and do not bump your posts or question within less than 24 hours. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Spaceboy60

Dec 22, 2014
How do you backup stock ROM, as says device can't be decrypted?. Also how to recover stock recovery as after booting back to stock it now says "This device isn't play certified, Google apps and services can't run on this device"?

Spaceboy60

Dec 22, 2014

NickOp

Jul 21, 2021
Realme 7 Pro
Anywhere to get older EU software versions flashable from either realme flash tool or via recovery??
[/QUOTE]
stuck in fastboot mode realme 7 pro restarting again and again plz elp

Spaceboy60

Dec 22, 2014
Hello, I installed this recovery and then I restarted the factory and the operating system no longer loads, what can I do, I tried to transfer the rom to the phone and it won't let me
Similar here, loads but with Google services error. Does the system require rooting before reboot?? Seems dev too busy to answer questions regarding this recovery

Spaceboy60

Dec 22, 2014
I have flashed the vbmeta.img from the stock ROM, as described here. PBRP started just fine afterwards.

[Edit]
It worked for a bunch of changes and upgrades, but now I am stuck at "The current image (boot/recovery) have been destroyed" again, after upgrading to Android 11.

My phone started out at the original ROM. Might have been RMX2170EU_11_OTA_0300_all_r65B0b2xK8YC.ozip.
Here I flashed PBRP with the stock vbmeta from that very ROM as described and it worked fine.
The stock ROM then offered me another OTA to RMX2170EU version A.38, so RMX2170EU_11_OTA_0380_all_ePoA62jksSTW.ozip.
I downloaded it, extracted the vbmeta.img from it, flashed it, started it, rebooted to bootloader and flashed PBRP with the new vbmeta.img again. This also worked.
Now I was offered the C.23 update, finally Android 11: RMX2170EU_11_OTA_12300680_all_x5GgJ22d5T3o_Ozip
So, same process again of getting the latest vbmeta.img from that file before flashing it using PBRP.
Everything worked fine, even running the new Android version.

Yet now the same process of flashing PBRP with the vbmeta.img results in the "have been destroyed" error now that the Android 11 update was applied. Also vbmeta from the previous version does not fix it.

[Edit2]
And it works with the vbmeta from the Android 11 update - just not with this recovery.
I noticed the OrangeFox thread with Android 11 in the title, so I flashed that one instead, and it works! No more "recovery has been destroyed". But I am stuck at issues with it now, like it not decrypting the internal storage like PBRP did with Android 10 before.

[Edit3]
To fix the FBE encryption I just had to format, not wipe data when installing the new ROM. So apparently everything works just fine now.
No vbeta in orangefox thread anymore. Only one is from telegram I have is for android 10. Don't suppose you can share?

Huebabbel

Aug 12, 2015
No vbeta in orangefox thread anymore. Only one is from telegram I have is for android 10. Don't suppose you can share?
I have attached the vbmeta from the Android 11 stock ROM. You can extract others from the stock and custom ROMs that you come across, following the instructions linked in my previous message that you have quoted. Then you won't have to depend on others sharing it.

Attachments

• vbmeta.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Spaceboy60

Domac5

Mar 11, 2012
Croatia
How to update stock roms if you have custom recovery and root? I tried manually but this is what I get

Attachments

• IMG_20210826_205942.jpg
    IMG_20210826_205942.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pbrp3-banner-xda.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction

Pitch Black Recovery is a fork of TWRP with many improvements to make your experience better. It's more flexible & easy to use.

Features

• Fully native android like UI
    • Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
    • Up-to-date kernel, built from sources
    • Full dark theme with changeable accents
    • Reorganized menus
    • MIUI OTA support

• Disable DM Verity
    • Use AromaFM as default file manager
    • Various tools are include
    • Universal flash-able file for all variant of a device
    • Many bug fixes & optimization & much more

Installation Instructions

• Download the PitchBlack recovery img on your PC
    • Reboot your phone to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
    • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Enjoy

Changelog

PBRP Side Changelog

Code:
    v3.0.0
    - Fully Redesigned UI
    - Added new Keychecks While Flashing PBRP or recovery.img or Ramdisk
    - Fully Redesigned Website https://pitchblackrecovery.com
    - New Android like Power Menu (Activated via power key hold)
    - Flashlight toggled by Vol up(+) on hold
    - New Scrollable Advanced menu
    - Totally Redesigned Icons
    - Removed old unnecessary Theming Stuff
    - Tested on almost all handy Resolutions
    - Flashlight toggle on Lockscreen
    - More checks for SAR/Non-SAR\
    - New Navbar
    - Support on almost all Android version (5.0+)
    - Update ozip decrypt
    - Fix up ozip print logs & take all paths
    - Update FUNDING.yml
    - Fixed encrypted removal checks & buttons
    - Add Flag for disabling treble compatibility by default
    - Is_Data_Wiped: Simplify function signature
    - Unified  AB_OTA_UPDATER
    - Change AB device log storage to /data/recovery
    - Delay start if specified in board
    - Optimize touchscreen driver initialization delay.

v2.9.0
    - Update kernel
    - Update DM Verity Logic
    - Update magisk
    - Update unroot magisk
    - Some bug fixed

Device Side Changelog
    Code:
    10/12/20
    - Initial build

13/01/21
    - Fix ozip flashing

Bugs
    - You tell me!

Downloads

VBMeta img
    PBRP recovery img (13/01/21 Build)
    Have you tested the recovery on a real phone? all sections are visible for MAIN MENU-BACKUP?
    Yes it's tested on an actual realme 7 pro
    can it just boot temporary via fastboot, to install magisk, without flashing twrp and vbmeta?
    You need to disable vbmeta for installing magisk anyway so no, you can't