[Recovery][UNOFFICIAL][SM-T320/SM-T325] ClockworkMod Recovery for Tab Pro 8.4 WiFi & LTE

Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
[Recovery][UNOFFICIAL][SM-T320/SM-T325] ClockworkMod Recovery for Tab Pro 8.4 WiFi & LTE

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
 * included in this RECOVERY
 * Before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
 * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, 
 * I will point you out to this message ! ! ! 
 */

By using this recovery you agree with the above terms!

WARNING:

Flashing this will trip you Knox flash and officially void your warranty.

You must use Odin to flash this. I am not going to tell you how to do that (there are lots of references on the web).

Download:
* Current: 2014-06-05 for Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi and LTE

Change Log

* 2014-06-05: Added SM-T325 support and selinux aware backups
* 2014-05-04: Faster install / wipe, latest kernel changes, upstream changes
* 2014-03-17: Added support for SM-T320XX (everything outside of north america)
* 2014-03-13: Set the build device name correctly
* 2014-03-02: Add external sdcard support.

Restoring old stock backups

Backups of the stock ROM using a recovery older than 2014-06-05 do not restore correctly because Samsung doesn't correctly restore the selinux contexts on boot.

Backups made with that version of recovery and later should restore normally.

If you need to restore an old backup do:

* Restore
* Mount /data
* adb shell restorecon -r /data
* Unmount /data

If you don't know how to do all those steps, then my best advice would be to do a factory reset after restoring and that will at least get you back to something that boots.

XDA:DevDB Information
ClockworkMod Recovery [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-03-01
Last Updated 2014-06-05

kdkinc

Jul 27, 2009
Inverness, Florida

I get a "binary error" from downloaded file.

using Windows 8.1 .
Checked md5 and the checker matches.
7zip says there is a error using archive checker.

Thanks for your efforts

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011

using Windows 8.1 .

Thanks for your efforts

Hmmm. Just tried uploading and then downloading a version to d-h.st and it really seems like that site corrupts the odin files.

Sigh. Which probably means that no one has tried CyanogenMod yet which is mildly depressing. It's pretty nice on this hardware.

Looks like it's getting corrupt when I upload to dropbox too. I'll try again.

Last edited:

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
Hmmm. Just tried uploading and then downloading a version to d-h.st and it really seems like that site corrupts the odin files.

Sigh. Which probably means that no one has tried CyanogenMod yet which is mildly depressing. It's pretty nice on this hardware.

Give us a chance to wake up (and make our backups) :)

I'm going to be trying CM as soon as I have the backup done and the CM downloaded. At 90% now...

me0wster

Mar 30, 2010
Yup. Looks like the new upload works. I thought that I was the only one facing the issue.

Thanks!

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
Any info on .android_secure not being backed up by this CWR? I think that's how I wound up needing to reimage my device with Kies to get it to boot.

I'm pm'ing an attachment with a ton of logs pulled once I knew there were some potential issues. Unfortunately I don't know which ones are most valuable.

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Any info on .android_secure not being backed up by this CWR? I think that's how I wound up needing to reimage my device with Kies to get it to boot.

I'm pm'ing an attachment with a ton of logs pulled once I knew there were some potential issues. Unfortunately I don't know which ones are most valuable.

Nothing much in the logs.

I did confirm that you cannot seem to restore a stock ROM successfully. I didn't have to reflash with Kies/Odin (a factory reset made it work just fine although somewhat defeats the purpose of backing it up). Restoring CM backups do work fine though.

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
Nothing much in the logs.

I did confirm that you cannot seem to restore a stock ROM successfully. I didn't have to reflash with Kies/Odin (a factory reset made it work just fine although somewhat defeats the purpose of backing it up). Restoring CM backups do work fine though.

Yeah, my main hesitation in doing the reflash or the reset was that my stock has a lot of stuff kind of painfully disabled and/or removed. I'm not sure how to get Titanium to restore the settings just so after a reset or reflash. I think the reflash is going to be faster than a restore, though, and will be facilitated by a viable titanium backup.

Although, this time through I don't think I've actually deleted anything and it does feel better than it used to, I think because it was looking to run files I hadn't just disabled but flat deleted. :)

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
This is flashed in recovery, not ODIN.

Also, OP...this ROM very well, only strange this is Falcon wont work. Says network time must be automatic, which it is. Any ideas?

This is the recovery thread.

As for Odin settings, whatever was default worked for me.

From my Pro Tab 8.4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features
     * included in this RECOVERY
     * Before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
     * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, 
     * I will point you out to this message ! ! ! 
     */

By using this recovery you agree with the above terms!

WARNING:

Flashing this will trip you Knox flash and officially void your warranty.

You must use Odin to flash this. I am not going to tell you how to do that (there are lots of references on the web).

Download:
    * Current: 2014-06-05 for Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi and LTE

Change Log

* 2014-06-05: Added SM-T325 support and selinux aware backups
    * 2014-05-04: Faster install / wipe, latest kernel changes, upstream changes
    * 2014-03-17: Added support for SM-T320XX (everything outside of north america)
    * 2014-03-13: Set the build device name correctly
    * 2014-03-02: Add external sdcard support.

Backups of the stock ROM using a recovery older than 2014-06-05 do not restore correctly because Samsung doesn't correctly restore the selinux contexts on boot.

* Restore
    * Mount /data
    * Unmount /data

If you don't know how to do all those steps, then my best advice would be to do a factory reset after restoring and that will at least get you back to something that boots.

XDA:DevDB Information
    ClockworkMod Recovery [UNOFFICIAL], Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-03-01
    Last Updated 2014-06-05

using Windows 8.1 .

Thanks for your efforts

Try this one (unzip it before flashing with odin): http://d-h.st/eJQ
    New version: 2014-06-05 for Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi and LTE

This version adds support for SM-T32 and has better support for selinux backups and restores. See below for information about selinux restore and the stock Samsung software.

* Restore
    * Mount /data
    * Unmount /data

Yup. Looks like the new upload works. I thought that I was the only one facing the issue.

Thanks!

If something doesn't work, please let me know!
    New build posted in the OP. You will need to use the new build for CM-11 builds starting from today. If you want to flash an older CM build, you'll need to use the older recovery image.