Development [RECOVERY] [12] [OFFICIAL] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Poco F5 Pro / Redmi K60 (China)
To be honest I don't know how we could solve this, but what I would try restore all partitions except data, format data, reboot rom, reboot recovery, flash DFE so data is no longer encrypted, try restoring (only data) then if it succeeded and it successfully booted, backup your data using another method like swift backup or migrate

ElectroLion

Sep 22, 2017
Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this:

I can't seem to be able to copy the ROM zip file (that I want to flash) to internal storage in the Recovery after formatting /data. When I connect to my PC it shows several empty "Internal Storage" folders when I open the device, and neither of them accept any files. I also noticed a failed to decrypt error on the top while flashing cache/dalvik. How do I fix it?

chris_f

Apr 25, 2014
Hi, I want to install a custom rom on my poco X3 pro. I read about the decryption of internal storage and i don't understand how It works. Do I format data every time? Does recovery ask me password every time i boot in It? The password Is my Number PIN? Thanks to who answers me

nani666

Account currently disabled
Apr 9, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Hi, I want to install a custom rom on my poco X3 pro. I read about the decryption of internal storage and i don't understand how It works. Do I format data every time? Does recovery ask me password every time i boot in It? The password Is my Number PIN? Thanks to who answers me

Format before you flash a new ROM.. If updating the current ROM no need to format...

The PIN is your security code.. Same as Lock Screen Code

Reactions: chris_f

Rhaegar85

Oct 26, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
And a heads up, copy all files such as firmware, rom, magisk zip, gapps etc on a microSD or USBOTG. You will not be able to access internal storage after data format. So if anything goes wrong that will be your life saver 😀

Reactions: desihu and chris_f

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
Hi
How to backup and restore?

Thanks for your time.
That was done in April when the twrp was still at the early stage.

Backup and restore is used for "data" only. I have not tried it for any others (boot, recovery, super etc). My aim here is to restore and all applications and settings. I normally backup the data before wipe and restore it after flashing of rom, gapp and magisk (keeping remaining storage files in the internal storage unchanged) if no formating is needed. Copy the backup "data" and internal storage data to Pc in case a format is anticipated for the flashing of rom.

Encryption is a problem sometimes and can be quite unpredictable.

The most recent flashing I have done for sharing:-

Crdroid-20210819 (TWRP-3.5.2-vayu-Nebrassy-2)
------------------------------------------------------

1) ./fastboot boot OrangeFox-R11.0_0-Unofficial-vayu.img
Orange Recovery -> format data -> Install -> flash stock rom V12.5.2.0.RJUEUXM (from external sd) -> reboot
2) Twrp Recovery -> format data (important for 1st time install) -> reboot to Recovery (can't read internal storage)
-> Install -> flash rom (from sd card) -> reboot
3) Twrp Recovery -> Install -> Nik-Gapp & flash magisk.zip -> reboot

Update (CrDroid-20210825)
------------------------------

1) Recovery -> backup "data"
2) Recovery -> Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Cache
-> Install rom
-> Install Gapp -> Reboot
3) Recovery -> Install magisk -> Reboot
4) Recovery -> restore "data" -> Reboot

harry0815

Sep 15, 2013
Rhein Main
Hi, I just unlocked my bootloader, so I'm still on the original Miui Stock Rom 12.5.1.0 (RJUEUXM), could you please give me instructions on how to flash the TWRP via ADB?

Thanks

jrotaetxe

Mar 31, 2009
Hello, friends.
I am a little bit confused about (present) capabilities of this TWRP, so I would like to make some questions.
I am still in the unlocking process, so want to make my mind in advance about what I will face when "repairing" the X· Pro.
The phone has come with EU stock and my idea is to keep it.
Target; Root the stock with Magisk. ONLY
Method: Patch the boot and flash it in boot partition
So the idea is to

1.- Install Magisk in the Phone
2.- Copy boot.img in the phone
3.- Patch the boot image
4.- Fastboot boot this twrp
5.- Locate the output of the step 3.- and flash it in boot partition using this twrp
6.- Reboot to System

Do you think this will work?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Hello, friends.
I am a little bit confused about (present) capabilities of this TWRP, so I would like to make some questions.
I am still in the unlocking process, so want to make my mind in advance about what I will face when "repairing" the X· Pro.
So the idea is to

3.- Patch the boot image
5.- Locate the output of the step 3.- and flash it in boot partition using this twrp
6.- Reboot to System

It should work.

Reactions: jrotaetxe
Hello, friends.
So the idea is to

3.- Patch the boot image
6.- Reboot to System

As you are and want to continue on stock ROM, you don't need, better, it's useless to flash TWRP or any other custom recovery: once booted the stock MIUI will kill it.

What you need to do is:

1-be sure bootloader is really unlocked: when turning on device there will be an unlocked lock on the top of the screen, above the "MIUI"

2- on mobile: download Magisk.apk (v23+ from official github) and install

3-on PC: download EXACTLY same stock ROM you run on mobile, recovery file format (a .zip). Same version, location, everything.
Open it with any ZIP tool and grab the boot.img file from it.

4-copy the boot.img file from PC to mobile.
On mobile: run Magisk and choose to install / patch a file / point it to boot.img
Magisk will do its job and generate a "patched-boot.img" (details on Magisk github, on instruction / documentation section).

5-copy the PATCHED boot.img from mobile to PC.
On mobile: put it on fastboot mode (power + vol-)
On PC: flash the PATCHED boot.img to mobile BOOT (by using fastboot command line)

6-On mobile: reboot and run Magisk to finish its settings as you prefer.

7-DO NOT re lock your bootloader. If you decide to do that sometime, ONLY do it AFTER a FULL flash of MIUI stock + reboot to check everything is fine (will replace boot + recovery + firmware + kernel + rom + remove root....everything to stock). If booting fine and clean, then only now you should relock bootloader.
And to flash stock MIUI do NOT use TWRP or any other custom recovery, to avoid ARB (anti rollback) problems and others.

Last edited:

jrotaetxe

Mar 31, 2009
Because your data partition is encrypted, and to take a backup (one of the functionalities of TWRP) or to manage files in the DATA strcture, needs that one to be decrypted.
If not doing so, a backup of your data partition could be restored in another phone your personal and financial data could be compromised...
I suppose you can avoid the encription, but cannot imagine why you should prefer that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is TWRP for Poco X3 Pro Global/Indian (vayu/bhima)

touch and adb work
    SD card and USB OTG are working
    Decryption is working

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_xiaomi_vayu

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB
    Release Channel: https://t.me/NebReleases

Download: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomipocox3pro.html

Unofficial 12 builds: https://www.pling.com/p/1833617/
    New build is up

Fixed recovery settings not persisting
    Fixed flashing older builds and firmware