• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Recovery][Unofficial]TWRP 3.0.0-0 for Samsung Galaxy A3

Search This thread
Aug 17, 2013
Kyiv
twrp_300.jpg
Code:
#include "twrp30.cpp"
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Warning! Flashing custom recovery will trip your Knox!

Works:
  • Install ZIP
  • Backup
  • Restore
  • File Manager
  • Terminal
  • Mounting Partitions
  • OTG
  • MTP and Sideload(works not always)

Known Bugs:

MTP and Sideload will not works if u have SM-A300H;
When press Reboot system it just turns phone off, u need to turn it on manually

Warning! I'm not the developer, but if you have questions, you cann ask here

Developer: Mygalaxya

Download:
Google Drive
Mirror: Mega

Last edited:

walter9075

Mar 9, 2014
Thanks!!! Testing in A300M. It works on A300M , but does not start the system recovery loop

Enviado desde mi SM-A300M mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

walter9075

Mar 9, 2014
Edict works perfectamente en el A300M reinstalling the original firmware.

Enviado desde mi SM-A300M mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

Duke2010

Apr 12, 2010
Frankfurt
hi,

thank's a lot dudes, works on A300FU :D:D:D

and now we have finally the working MTP mode we need for cm12.1 roms ;)

excellent work :highfive:

update : with this version i can't flash any .zip ( customroms ) ( stop install with error 7 ) and the second bug is it's not boot from recovery into recovery again over the restart menue . all other important funtions are testet and works on my device perfect ...please fix it, it's a very very nice recovery :)

best regards :good:

Last edited:

Marecki_

Jul 16, 2012
So just to be sure, are you sure it won't brick my phone if I flash this recovery on A300FU?
It's not stated if its for all versions or I'm mising something.

Yes you can.

OP, i am having a bit of a problem, i can't get out of Recovery. I rebooted to recovery to show it to a friend, and whatever i do, it will boot in recovery only.

Rebooting "system" boots back to recovery, and powering off in TWRP powers off normally, but it'll boot again in TWRP. Even if i restart from Download mode, same issue.

The thing is, i didnt touch nor flash anything, i know for sure the system is well.

@Intel777chanel @mygalaxya any clue?

EDIT: twrp 2.8.7.0 fixes it (temporarely :( )
i just read 3.0.0-1 and 3.0.0-2 is out already for a few devices...?

Last edited:

mygalaxya

Feb 24, 2015
Yes you can.

OP, i am having a bit of a problem, i can't get out of Recovery. I rebooted to recovery to show it to a friend, and whatever i do, it will boot in recovery only.

Rebooting "system" boots back to recovery, and powering off in TWRP powers off normally, but it'll boot again in TWRP. Even if i restart from Download mode, same issue.

The thing is, i didnt touch nor flash anything, i know for sure the system is well.

@Intel777chanel @mygalaxya any clue?

Hi, have you tried to flash it using Flashify ? After flashing TWRP, don't try to reboot the phone, just turn it off and then turn it on. It should boot to system normally.

Hi, have you tried to flash it using Flashify ? After flashing TWRP, don't try to reboot the phone, just turn it off and then turn it on. It should boot to system normally.

You mean Flashfire right? I previously used Mobile ODIN/Flashfire, but i saw no need to use it after i strictly used Custom Recoveries.

PS, even with the Power Off feature, when i start the phone, it went to Recovery again.
Google shows One Plus One users having a very similar issue...it definitely isn't a soft brick as flashing TWRP 2 and restarting works fine.

please let me know if i can help in any way :)

mygalaxya

Feb 24, 2015
You mean Flashfire right? I previously used Mobile ODIN/Flashfire, but i saw no need to use it after i strictly used Custom Recoveries.

PS, even with the Power Off feature, when i start the phone, it went to Recovery again.
Google shows One Plus One users having a very similar issue...it definitely isn't a soft brick as flashing TWRP 2 and restarting works fine.

No, I don't mean Flashfire, I mean Flashify (search on Play Store), you have to download it and flash the TWRP using it. Once it is flashed, power off your phone, go to download mode and then restart completely the phone. If you did this, all should work fine.

Jonny_Hood

Nov 17, 2014
Mülheim / Ruhr
First of all thank you @Intel777chanel and @mygalaxya

with this version i can't flash any .zip ( customroms ) ( stop install with error 7 ) and the second bug is it's not boot from recovery into recovery again over the restart menue
Confirm both and Reboot to System turns also device off, (Reboot -> Download & Reboot -> Power Off is working) also MTP is not woking at my A300FU
Installed over Flashify at CM12.1 and at Stock Rom via Odin3 (PC) with same result. Backup and Restore works fine :)
Installing zip file ´/external_sd/A3 System/cm-12.1-20160119-UNOFFICIAL-a3ultexx.zip´
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
This package is for device: a3ulte,a3ultexx,SM-A300FU; this device is .
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file ´/external_sd/A3 System/cm-12.1-20160119-UNOFFICIAL-a3ultexx.zip´

Updating partiton details...
...done

nowheel

Mar 17, 2015
Trento
[/COLOR]

Confirm both and Reboot to System turns also device off, (Reboot -> Download & Reboot -> Power Off is working) also MTP is not woking at my A300FU
Installed over Flashify at CM12.1 and at Stock Rom via Odin3 (PC) with same result. Backup and Restore works fine :)
Installing zip file ´/external_sd/A3 System/cm-12.1-20160119-UNOFFICIAL-a3ultexx.zip´
Checking for MD5 file...
Error installing zip file ´/external_sd/A3 System/cm-12.1-20160119-UNOFFICIAL-a3ultexx.zip´

...done

the dev have forgotten the name of device o_O

mygalaxya

Feb 24, 2015

Checking for MD5 file...

...done

Hi, this new TWRP 3.0 uses different mount points than 2.8.7.0, on the build you are trying to flash it uses old mount points. The developer you made the ROM must now use the mount ext4 "dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system" on META-INF, otherwise you will not be able to flash the ROM. I will update all my builds to support this new mount points.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
[/COLOR]

It seems so.

Hi, this new TWRP 3.0 uses different mount points than 2.8.7.0, on the build you are trying to flash it uses old mount points. The developer you made the ROM must now use the mount ext4 "dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system" on META-INF, otherwise you will not be able to flash the ROM. I will update all my builds to support this new mount points.
Whether recovery mounts partitions by name or by block device should make no difference to a rom install as the Installer script takes care of correctly mounting the partitions.
Most installer scripts unmount the partitions first anyway then remount.
If it doesn't work then the Installer script is at fault.

However according to that error twrp doesn't have the right device name in its build properties to match the rom device name.
Either the device name needs changing in the twrp 'default.prop' - ro.product.device=a3ulte or just remove the 'assert' lines in the rom installer script.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp_300.jpg
    Code:
    #include "twrp30.cpp"
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Warning! Flashing custom recovery will trip your Knox!

Works:
    • Install ZIP
    • Backup
    • Restore
    • File Manager
    • Terminal
    • Mounting Partitions
    • OTG
    • MTP and Sideload(works not always)

Known Bugs:

MTP and Sideload will not works if u have SM-A300H;
    When press Reboot system it just turns phone off, u need to turn it on manually

Warning! I'm not the developer, but if you have questions, you cann ask here

Developer: Mygalaxya

Download:
    Google Drive
    Mirror: Mega

No, I don't mean Flashfire, I mean Flashify (search on Play Store), you have to download it and flash the TWRP using it. Once it is flashed, power off your phone, go to download mode and then restart completely the phone. If you did this, all should work fine.

Checking for MD5 file...

...done

[/COLOR]

It seems so.

Whether recovery mounts partitions by name or by block device should make no difference to a rom install as the Installer script takes care of correctly mounting the partitions.
    Most installer scripts unmount the partitions first anyway then remount.
    If it doesn't work then the Installer script is at fault.

However according to that error twrp doesn't have the right device name in its build properties to match the rom device name.
    Either the device name needs changing in the twrp 'default.prop' - ro.product.device=a3ulte or just remove the 'assert' lines in the rom installer script.