• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.2-1

Search This thread

Davide.porcelli

Dec 24, 2006
Napoli
Samsung Galaxy S21
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Hi ALL
when I try to flash the img file on my CMR-AL19 C432 I got the following messages:
<<D:\adb>fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (11280 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.265s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.277s>>
When I reboot the tablet with the volume up key held down, it starts with the original HUawei recovery.
Does anyone know how I could solve it ?
Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:

Davide.porcelli

Dec 24, 2006
Napoli
Samsung Galaxy S21
@Davide.porcelli did you already unlock your bootloader? Otherwise there are only a few fastboot commands allowed especially you are not allowed to flash partitions.
Hi AndDiSa and thank You
The problem was the "enable manucturer unlock" in dev options.
I unlocked the bootloader but after few days I did a soft reset and these option was disabled. Flashing the TWRP worked like a charme once I renabled it again.

droidvark

Jul 22, 2013
doesnt work on mediapad m5 10 wifi cmr w09 twrp doest want to install the rom i got system.img error
Why would it give an error on system.img? What are you trying to flash? Can you paste the complete command you enter, including all the output fastboot gives?

It should look like this:
Code:
C:\adb>fastboot.exe devices
NNF6R18607002512        fastboot

C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP-3.2.2-1-MediapadM5.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (11280 KB)...
OKAY [  0.250s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
OKAY [  0.108s]
finished. total time: 0.359s

C:\adb>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.028s

It works for me on my CMR-W09. At least, flashing it does and I can enter TWRP recovery. I should mention I am running Ressurrection Remix from OpenKirin.

I do have a few issues though:
- TWRP does not seem to save settings,
- It does not seem to mount boot properly,
- format data looks like it works, and wipes the partition, but does not seem to remove encryption,

Thanks alot for the work on this!

Reactions: k3wlar

TheCondorITA

Aug 28, 2017
installed fine on my 8' sht-w09 with openkirin lineage.
After twrp i've successfully installed magisk. OpenGapps fail with INCORRECT ARCHITECTURE, now i'm trying with mindthegapps

cbadoud

May 6, 2014
Hi! I've tried to make a backup from this recovery, and I've got the following error:
Code:
createtarfork() process ended with error 255
Could it be a problem with encryption??? I'm a newbie...

User445

Sep 15, 2018
Hello guys.
i have flashed the twrp over fastboot. Then i push the lineageos zip over adb to my Phone. I Boot into the recovery und Then i would like to install the zip. But there are no zip, only files like "trfdhhtfvnizhgtf".what is my mistake?

konradsa

Feb 22, 2013
It would be nice to have an working twrp..
This twrp is more than useless!

Not true at all. For instance this TWRP is a life saver as it works great with HuRUpdater. A lot of the internals of the phone are not accessible due to disk encryption, but that's not really TWRP's fault, a lot of newer android devices are like that.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

It would be nice to have an working twrp..
This twrp is more than useless!

Hello guys.
i have flashed the twrp over fastboot. Then i push the lineageos zip over adb to my Phone. I Boot into the recovery und Then i would like to install the zip. But there are no zip, only files like "trfdhhtfvnizhgtf".what is my mistake?

The data partition is encrypted, put it on sd card instead.

Sokraates

Apr 15, 2011
On my SHT-AL09 (8,4 in, LTE), TWRP seems to work fine. I've played around, installing su-addons with LOS and RROS. Until now, I haven't encountered any problems. The internal SD is encrypted, so you need to place the ZIP-filed on your external SD.

Just make sure to re-stock recovery before changing ROMs (ie: follow the instructions). Even flashing an openkirin ROM through fastboot will cause bootloops if TWRP has not been removed before. At least it did so for me.

Reactions: Stolz

konradsa

Feb 22, 2013
Anybody noticed unzip command is missing in sbin? Zip is there, gunzip as well, but no unzip. This creates problems installing some zips that run scripts that try to invoke unzip command, like hurupdater.

larpoux

Mar 17, 2014
Paris
Last edited:
Reactions: paf22 and Kerr Avon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for the Mediapad M5.
    NOTE: Decrypting data is not currently supported. MTP also does not work, but you can use adb to push and pull files.

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

NOTE: Decrypting data is not currently supported. MTP also does not work, but you can use adb to push and pull files.
    NOTE: fastboot flash to recovery_ramdisk and not to recovery as this device does not have a regular recovery partition

Fastboot Install Method (No Root Required):

You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK on your computer. Find the Android command line tools section on the page linked and install the SDK tools package. From the SDK Manager, download only the platform-tools to get adb and fastboot binaries.

Windows users will need proper drivers installed on their computer. You can try the simple FWUL adb/fastboot ISO or the Naked ADB drivers or the Universal ADB drivers if you don't already have a working driver installed

On your device, go into Settings -> About and find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable developer settings. Press back and go into Developer Options and enable USB debugging. From your computer, open a command prompt and type:

adb reboot bootloader

You should now be in fastboot mode.

Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:

flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img

reboot

Note many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Google to find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don't follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.[/QUOTE]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.2-1, ROM for the Huawei MediaPad M5

Contributors
    schwabe93
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-07-08
    Last Updated 2018-07-08
    Download on Androidfilehost:

TWRP for Mediapad

Telegram Group for MediapadM5:
    Join :)
    Information

With this TWRP you can flash Magisk etc.
    You can flash my LineageOS build

You cannot Backup StockROM as decryption not work
    Hi, first i wanted to say thank you for bringing twrp to our device. Can you please check download link beceuse it does not work for me. I found recovery on your profile on Androidhost, but I want to be sure i downloaded correct file.

Hey, thanks for informing me, the link should now work.

Regrads Alex
    I tried this TWRP implementation but I realized very soon that it is completely useless for me because it cannot access the uncyphered /data partition.
    I really need to do nandroid backups of this partition.
    Now I use @Pretoriano80 TWRP implementation (for p10 devices) and I am very happy with it on my Mediapad M5 CMR-W09.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-emui-8-0-4-04-2018-t3773449