• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.2-1

Search This thread

aron.sjoberg

Dec 25, 2009
Don't waste your time, TWPR for m5 is no longer developed, use fastboot to flash your prefered ROM.
You get that error because you have enabled the "OEM unlock" option but your bootloader is still locked. Unlock it and you'll be able to flash anything:fingers-crossed:

I have the same issue and can't seem to flash TWRP. I want to flash another ROM like the unofficial LineageOS (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mediapad-m5/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3813826).

I don't understand how to unlock the bootloader on the Mediapad M5. Do I need to purchase a bootloader unlock code? Is there another way?

massima

Nov 7, 2014
Make a search in this forum for the right guide to answer your questions, there are guides useful to unlock, downgrade, root your M5.
Cheers

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Make a search in this forum for the right guide to answer your questions, there are guides useful to unlock, downgrade, root your M5.
Cheers

aron.sjoberg

Dec 25, 2009
Cheers

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Cheers

I have, of course, searched and read the threads in the forum. I can't however understand if it is still possible to unlock the bootloader. Huawei don't help with codes anymore and the sites linked in the guides do not sell codes as far as I can understand. I'm guessing this means the device is not possible to unlock (or install other ROM on) but I was hoping to get some clarification before resigning to my fate...

massima

Nov 7, 2014
I have, of course, searched and read the threads in the forum. I can't however understand if it is still possible to unlock the bootloader. Huawei don't help with codes anymore and the sites linked in the guides do not sell codes as far as I can understand. I'm guessing this means the device is not possible to unlock (or install other ROM on) but I was hoping to get some clarification before resigning to my fate...

The procedure is: 1)downgrade your firmware, 2)buy the code, 3)unlock the bootloader.

This is what i know, i didn't follow those steps because i bought my unlock code with the right firmware. Bye

Reactions: aron.sjoberg

vovaxxxx

Aug 28, 2006
Hey guys,
I unlocked the bootloader , installed this twrp make all the steps indicated to install LOS15...
but the error 64, installing gappss. Installing mindthegaaps gives ( services framework keeps stopping... all the time)
how to cope with it?
thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for the Mediapad M5.
    NOTE: Decrypting data is not currently supported. MTP also does not work, but you can use adb to push and pull files.

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

NOTE: Decrypting data is not currently supported. MTP also does not work, but you can use adb to push and pull files.
    NOTE: fastboot flash to recovery_ramdisk and not to recovery as this device does not have a regular recovery partition

Fastboot Install Method (No Root Required):

You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK on your computer. Find the Android command line tools section on the page linked and install the SDK tools package. From the SDK Manager, download only the platform-tools to get adb and fastboot binaries.

Windows users will need proper drivers installed on their computer. You can try the simple FWUL adb/fastboot ISO or the Naked ADB drivers or the Universal ADB drivers if you don't already have a working driver installed

On your device, go into Settings -> About and find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable developer settings. Press back and go into Developer Options and enable USB debugging. From your computer, open a command prompt and type:

adb reboot bootloader

You should now be in fastboot mode.

Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:

flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img

reboot

Note many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Google to find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don't follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.[/QUOTE]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.2-1, ROM for the Huawei MediaPad M5

Contributors
    schwabe93
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-07-08
    Last Updated 2018-07-08
    Download on Androidfilehost:

TWRP for Mediapad

Telegram Group for MediapadM5:
    Join :)
    Information

With this TWRP you can flash Magisk etc.
    You can flash my LineageOS build

You cannot Backup StockROM as decryption not work
    Hi, first i wanted to say thank you for bringing twrp to our device. Can you please check download link beceuse it does not work for me. I found recovery on your profile on Androidhost, but I want to be sure i downloaded correct file.

Hey, thanks for informing me, the link should now work.

Regrads Alex
    I tried this TWRP implementation but I realized very soon that it is completely useless for me because it cannot access the uncyphered /data partition.
    I really need to do nandroid backups of this partition.
    Now I use @Pretoriano80 TWRP implementation (for p10 devices) and I am very happy with it on my Mediapad M5 CMR-W09.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-emui-8-0-4-04-2018-t3773449