[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.2.3 [20181212]

TheSkyline35

Jan 8, 2014
Paris
That password is only needed to read the data - you can click cancel and then format the partitions as usual, though your data gets wiped.
Thanks for you answer ;)
But I did manage to find a fix !!! And I know a lot of people would like to do so.

--> I'm sorry but that recovery isn't updated and that's the problem. If you stick to that you are f****

FIX --> Just flash a recent TWRP version (or custom equivalent), in my case I flashed the unofficial one from here :
https://www.pling.com/p/1346294/

Worked like a charm, not I have access to my data, my phone pin is working to decrypt data

t-driver

Jun 29, 2013
Thanks for you answer ;)
But I did manage to find a fix !!! And I know a lot of people would like to do so.

--> I'm sorry but that recovery isn't updated and that's the problem. If you stick to that you are f****

FIX --> Just flash a recent TWRP version (or custom equivalent), in my case I flashed the unofficial one from here :
https://www.pling.com/p/1346294/

Worked like a charm, not I have access to my data, my phone pin is working to decrypt data
...so you are saying...
if after flashing new rom ,and the phone asks for password, flashing this recovery on top of it (is that even possible?) will disable the "password" ????
...or should this recovery be installed BEFORE flashing the update,so the "password won't show at all??

oiseau1201

May 31, 2017
After data gets encrypted you can install this recovery to get access in recovery to the data partition. I flashed pitch black recovery and it's working without an issue.

Reactions: t-driver

TheSkyline35

Jan 8, 2014
Paris
...so you are saying...
if after flashing new rom ,and the phone asks for password, flashing this recovery on top of it (is that even possible?) will disable the "password" ????
...or should this recovery be installed BEFORE flashing the update,so the "password won't show at all??
"Old" recovery are an issue, and after a lot of research on XDA looks like a lot of people are unware of it. This "old" recovery, the thread we are talking here, was unable to decrypt my data even with the correct password, the password was always "wrong".

Changing to a modern recovery fixed it, the password was accepted, the phone decrypted and therefor I had access to my internal data in TWRP...

Reactions: t-driver

ilya_m

Oct 28, 2010
DO NOT POST WITHOUT READING THIS:

Two reasons why you are unable to successfully decrypt data. (unable to get past the lock)

1. You must have flashed older security patch rom
Example: You have flashed a rom which has december security patch. Later flash a rom with November or Oct security patch. Decryption Fails

Reason: In Android 8.x, devices implementing Keymaster 3 or earlier were required to verify the version info (ro.build.version.release and ro.build.version.security_patch) reported by the running system matched the version info reported by bootloader. Such information was typically obtained from the boot image header. Further, they disallow any downgrade to older security patch or android version.
Hi, thanks for the info. I wonder is there a way to pre-validate it and add some warning in the recovery.
I think if there is a specific place to check for this version it should not be hard to do.

I know this is some unrelated thread, but still.

I also did not manage to find more info on the mechanism used here, does someone have usfull links about it?

Bleak77

Jan 16, 2021
Hi!

Is there a way to get this or other custom recovery on a Teclast P80H D9C3 tablet with Android 10 Go edition Build: V1.07_20201223?

Jorge_8

Jan 30, 2016
Hi!

Is there a way to get this or other custom recovery on a Teclast P80H D9C3 tablet with Android 10 Go edition Build: V1.07_20201223?

I have not said anything, I was sharing a link for the p80h version, I had not noticed that it had the code D9C3, I had only seen teclast p80h, sorry

Greetings!

Last edited: