[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.2.3 [20181212]

Search This thread

shouk_1987

Jul 2, 2012
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
I did this ages ago, no response. Also Pam's DeesTroy. But he said that he is working on official TWRP himself now that he got a Poco, so that's probably what he was planning all along.

Anyway, there are still some minor bugs that need to be fixed before it would be accepted. The restore of system/vendor sparse backups is main one.

Finally, OP never actually released device tree for this TWRP. Technically he is breaking XDA rules this whole time. If he can't put it on GitHub and open to all then it will never get accepted anyway.

I was able to restore system and vendor images earlier
Booted on the same clone image before I took the backup
Providing you are on the same android Ver platform or same ROM dev
I needed to make a format data as I went from miui oreo to pie custom ROM so I can decrypt data partition
Then resorted after wipe and it was a replicant to what I backed up

mdfarazb2

Jul 2, 2015
patna
Xiaomi Poco F3
So yeah after 5 hours we cracked it. Re-uploaded r5 and WiFi will work on custom roms. Thanks to @osm0sis for being the MVP and sticking with me!
Now I have 10 minutes to get into bed before my wife wakes up... oh well.

AH shoot, wrong thread. OP please hide this post or report it to the mods, they'll remove it. Sorry.
Lmao.. It seems you surely need to get some sleep man:D

Sent from my Poco F1 using XDA Labs

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I was able to restore system and vendor images earlier
Booted on the same clone image before I took the backup
Providing you are on the same android Ver platform or same ROM dev
I needed to make a format data as I went from miui oreo to pie custom ROM so I can decrypt data partition
Then resorted after wipe and it was a replicant to what I backed up

Image restore is fine, I said the the problem is with restoring *sparse* backups, as in the non-images. They don't preserve/restore selinux contexts.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Hmmm, I wonder why OP would not release the device tree?

Dunno, I raised this shortly after release and he said he would soon but never did. Maybe he just can't be bothered as he considered that this was only a temporary solution which he didn't want to maintain himself.

But without that none of us can submit PR's to fix the outstanding issues either so *shrug* maybe someone can just kang the work based on RAMDisk, but if it was that easy then I'd think other recoveries we have would have working decryption too.

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
If i use this twrp, can i stay encrypted even if i changing custom rom? Currently on miui global stable oreo

Depends on the ROM. The ROM decides which encryption / keymaster implementation to use. Probably will, if the custom ROM is done properly, but can't promise that.

Or maybe not if the Android version is different. Pretty sure you can't downgrade Android versions while keeping encryption.

vasishath

Nov 30, 2013
Chandigarh
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
I did this ages ago, no response. Also Pam's DeesTroy. But he said that he is working on official TWRP himself now that he got a Poco, so that's probably what he was planning all along.

Anyway, there are still some minor bugs that need to be fixed before it would be accepted. The restore of system/vendor sparse backups is main one.

Finally, OP never actually released device tree for this TWRP. Technically he is breaking XDA rules this whole time. If he can't put it on GitHub and open to all then it will never get accepted anyway.
I have already released the device tree here:-https://github.com/vasishath/android_device_xiaomi_beryllium

And FYI, releasing device tree was never a XDA rule.
And second, i am not pursuing for official TWRP and most likely i wont.

Shahan_mik3

Mar 8, 2013
Bangalore
According to this post the developer needs to submit the device config files to TWRP team. Not sure if vasishath has already done this or not. And don't know if this is a bit more complicated for this phone for some reason?

@vasishath - do you plan to submit to TWRP team to make it official?

FYI TWRP lead dev has received device from Poco team just for this purpose everyone knew this. So no point of wasting time on applying. The only reason vasis worked on TWRP was for multirom

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

I thought u were smart :silly:

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I have already released the device tree here:-https://github.com/vasishath/android_device_xiaomi_beryllium

And FYI, releasing device tree was never a XDA rule.
And second, i am not pursuing for official TWRP and most likely i wont.

Alright, apologies and thanks. Maybe add it to the OP if you have not already?

Yes you are probably right, it's only the rules if you have GPL code in there and that's probably all Apache, I don't know. Doesn't matter. Cheers :)

vasishath

Nov 30, 2013
Chandigarh
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Alright, apologies and thanks. Maybe add it to the OP if you have not already?

Yes you are probably right, it's only the rules if you have GPL code in there and that's probably all Apache, I don't know. Doesn't matter. Cheers :)
Its okay. Yes u guessed it right. It contains all apache code. But nevertheless i have open-sourced it.

Reactions: snexus

Cleridwen

Sep 25, 2016
France
cleridwen.crd.co
Hello,
With the latest build can I now enable encryption for my phone on LineageOS 16? Will it work, or not, or is it not recommended?
Have great day

Last edited:

ydd0ras

Dec 28, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Hello,
With the latest build can I now enable encryption for my phone on LineageOS 16? Will it work, or not, or is it not recommended?
Have great day
It is your decision, but encrypted is not a mistake. The encryption worked with the previous version as well. Using it on my LOS 16 for months.

Sent from my Poco F1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: Cleridwen

TioCareca

Sep 8, 2010
Barreiro
Xiaomi Poco F1
Redmi K20 Pro
New build uploaded.

Changes:

* Fix UI freezes.

This is probably the last build as I have moved on to multirom twrp recovery which does everything what normal twrp does and additiinally supports multirom.

Edit: Build taken down due to decryption problems.
so your recovery from 12/11 is safe to flash or got decryption problems???
Thanks in advance and good luck with multirom...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg%3Dw300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

BUGS:

You tell

NOTE:

Due to a bug in android pie, the recovery may ask for pattern if you have set PIN/password for encryption (and vice-versa). Unfortunately, to fix this you need to format your data partition and ask the developer of ROM to include this commit.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP recovery, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    vasishath
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2
    Stable Release Date: 2018-12-12

Created 2018-10-11
    Last Updated 2018-12-14
    Reserved

Download links:-

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283470

THIS TWRP DOES NOT DISABLE FORCE ENCRYPTION. IT WILL DECRYPT THE ENCRYPTED DATA WITHOUT THE NEED OF FORMATING IT
    DO NOT POST WITHOUT READING THIS:

Two reasons why you are unable to successfully decrypt data. (unable to get past the lock)

1. You must have flashed older security patch rom
    Example: You have flashed a rom which has december security patch. Later flash a rom with November or Oct security patch. Decryption Fails

Reason: In Android 8.x, devices implementing Keymaster 3 or earlier were required to verify the version info (ro.build.version.release and ro.build.version.security_patch) reported by the running system matched the version info reported by bootloader. Such information was typically obtained from the boot image header. Further, they disallow any downgrade to older security patch or android version.

2. The person who compiled the rom failed to add encryption support.
    Solution: Ask that person to add support or flash the one that supports encryption.
    New build uploaded.

Changes:

* Fix UI freezes.

This is probably the last build as I have moved on to multirom twrp recovery which does everything what normal twrp does and additiinally supports multirom.
    Well done! I don't need to smash my head over it anymore :D

But where is source link? To device tree, not TWRP...