[RECOVERY][Unofficial]TWRP 3.2.3 for Nokia 3(Heart)

Revanth_24

Recognized Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This TWRP Has been Compiled by Myself From Source Using My Rebased Device Tree. Flashing Works Pretty Much Well, No Lags Or Delays.

Download Link: - Click Here To Download

Flashing: - fastboot flash recovery-28032019.img

Internal showing 0 mb ?:
Format data, It Removes Encryption

Credits:
~ TeamWin
~ CM/Lineage/Omni Android
~ SevenMaxs

Kernel: Using Prebuilt Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
Twrp, Tool/Utility for the Nokia 3

Contributors
RevanthTolety
Source Code: https://github.com/RevanthTolety/device_nokia_heart/tree/android-7.1

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-03-28

Created 2019-03-28
Last Updated 2019-03-28

Last edited:

nitonito4u

Jun 6, 2019
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This TWRP Has been Compiled by Myself From Source Using My Rebased Device Tree. Flashing Works Pretty Much Well, No Lags Or Delays.

Download Link: - Click Here To Download

Flashing: - fastboot flash recovery-28032019.img

Internal showing 0 mb ?:
Format data, It Removes Encryption

Credits:
~ TeamWin
~ CM/Lineage/Omni Android
~ SevenMaxs

Kernel: Using Prebuilt Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
Twrp, Tool/Utility for the Nokia 3

Contributors
RevanthTolety
Source Code: https://github.com/Revanth/device_nokia_heart/tree/android-7.1

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-03-28

Created 2019-03-28
Last Updated 2019-03-28
i have installed this recovery its working fine except Mtp not showing on pc,
otg works fine and have flashed rom with.

_XblackshadowX_

Mar 21, 2014
Taguig City
Bug report.

Hello developer of current TWRP for Nokia 3, i am going to report some bugs based on what i have seen and experienced, if you do see this message, please note that i am willing to become a tester for the recovery of this device, i am now going to start stating the problems, please also note that i am using Nokia 3 with Pie ROM, Bootloader unlocked, rooted with Magisk, i am using TWRP 3.2.3 from https://unofficialtwrp.com/nokia-3-root-twrp-3-2-3/, i also believe this is the same with the TWRP that @RevanthTolety made, in other words, you, let me introduce the problems to you.
i have attached the pictures of the bugs, as well as logs, to help you all regarding about this problem, i have messaged all five of you in hopes that some of you are still willing to develop a proper, working recovery for the Pie ROM of this device, or at least team up in making one, anything as long as this project will still continue or something will be done.
Bugs i have found:
1. Decrypting of data, the recovery is asking me for a password and i have no idea what to do, i have never encrypted my device, or anything, and here is what i have done so far:
1a. Formatted data through TWRP, rebooted into recovery and applied root.
1b. Wiped data through TWRP, rebooted into recovery, then applied with root.
1c. All of the above, except this time i flashed no verity opt encrypt, didn't work.
1d. Formatted data through fastboot, rebooted into recovery immediately and applied root.
For the most part, by the time i managed to format or wipe my data/userdata, i am able to gain access on it through TWRP, and the recovery isn't asking me for a password, but once i am able to fully set up my device and it reaches the home screen, not putting any screen locks, just Swipe, rebooting into recovery again, and now it asks me for a password, i tried "default_password" and "password" but it didn't work, at this moment, i can only flash zips through my MicroSD Card, the recovery doesn't have access to my internal storage and i couldn't make a backup with my userdata.
2. TWRP gets replaced with stock recovery if you do not boot into it immediately after flashing, trust me, this is where i got frustrated the most, i was about to smash the phone because of this! I still had to root to ensure that the recovery will stay, or else at next boot the stock recovery will be back.
3. Battery percentage is shown incorrectly, based on the 5 forums i've seen which is all related to porting TWRP for this phone, this error has been very consistent.
4. The recovery keeps showing me a prompt of asking whether to keep System read-only or not, even though i selected the box "Don't show me this screen again.", it still comes back anyway.
5. The recovery complains about '/hidden/emmc_hidden" not being found and all that.
6. I cannot save my language, even though i already toggled it through the settings of the recovery.
7. Touch is very slow during the first screen which is the "Keep System read-only?"
Here are the things i confirmed to be working:
MicroSD Card access
OTG access
Installing .zips
I cannot test the backup and restore option since i can't access data through it, i don't want to lose progress.
The link is broken so i couldn't test the recovery from the true source which is you, hopefully you could still provide me the recovery you actually ported to see if anything is wrong, but if the recovery i obtained from the link i provided is from yours, then please hopefully you could provide a fix for it, you are currently the latest developer for this recovery so i expect you can still do it, the device tree is also still intact and that's the reason why i still have hopes, i want to help not only myself, but also other Nokia 3 users regarding about this, please lets do something so all Nokia 3 phones with Pie ROM can enjoy a fully stable TWRP.
That's all of the bugs i have seen so far, i am going to use my friend's phone who happens to own a Nokia 3 for testing the recovery, if i still haven't received a response within 1 week i will return the cellphone, you could contact me through Telegram, Facebook and other social media sites such as Instagram, i am willing to take the risk, please contact me if you all are still willing to continue with the development of TWRP for this cellphone.

Attachments