[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.2.3-x [X01BD]

Search This thread

Rk585

Team Win Recovery Project For Zenfone Max Pro M2

WARNING:
Code:
 I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
 before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Downloads: recovery-X01BD.img

Installation Instructions:
  • Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
  • Enter fastboot mode
  • Unlock your bootloader
  • Run "fastboot flash recovery imgfilename.img" in command line
  • Reboot and enjoy it

Credits:
  • TeamWin Team and @Dees_Troy - For Creating TWRP!!!
  • Thanks to #ArtFul for testing the recovery.
Sources : https://github.com/rk779/android_device_asus_X01BD

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
Rk585

Version Information

Created 2019-01-03
Last Updated 2019-01-03

Last edited:

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
Awesome :D Thanks so much... But I am new to unlocking bootloaders ... Never had to do it since I had a Samsung device before...
Can you please give us some instructions on how to unlock the bootloader on this device ?
And is it possible to relock the bootloader ? (So as to not void the warranty)

Reactions: Kbpramudya

kickyvivi

Jul 14, 2016
Trivandrum
Awesome :D Thanks so much... But I am new to unlocking bootloaders ... Never had to do it since I had a Samsung device before...
Can you please give us some instructions on how to unlock the bootloader on this device ?
And is it possible to relock the bootloader ? (So as to not void the warranty)
Look in the themes mods and apps section of the thread. The bootloader unlock method is posted there. Method for relocking the BL is also provided along with it.

Reactions: Tyakrish

boosters

May 15, 2018
Which magisk version we have to installed and how to relock or get back to stock recovery again?

Karvrock

Apr 14, 2014
not working on my device. I flashed the twrp and it says it succeed. Then i turned off my device. after that i pressed vol down + power button but intead of booting into twrp it boots into stock recovery. i tried to flash recovery more than 2-3 times. I dont understand what is wrong here.

Last edited:

legacy07

May 6, 2018
KL-34

kickyvivi

Jul 14, 2016
Trivandrum
not working on my device. I flashed the twrp and it says it succeed. Then i turned off my device. after that i pressed vol down + power button but intead of booting into twrp it boots into stock recovery. i tried to flash recovery more than 2-3 times. I dont understand what is wrong here.
After flashing twrp, try fastboot reboot recovery

learnyee

Jun 24, 2008
ok I look through the instruction, just some question:
1. can I flash the TWRP without unlocking the bootloader?
2. from the unlock bootloader thread, upon unlocking the phone the phone will be formatted, any way to prevent that so I can do a full backup of the system? It is a real pain to reinstall everything.

legacy07

May 6, 2018
KL-34
ok I look through the instruction, just some question:
1. can I flash the TWRP without unlocking the bootloader?
2. from the unlock bootloader thread, upon unlocking the phone the phone will be formatted, any way to prevent that so I can do a full backup of the system? It is a real pain to reinstall everything.

1. No
2. No, the phone will be formatted. All you can do is, backup your internal storage data

Reactions: mauam

legacy07

May 6, 2018
KL-34
No 2. using ADB backup? or any other way that would cut down the re installation of everything?

You may use this adb command to backup data

Code:
adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-obb|-noobb] [-shared|-noshared] [-all] [-system|nosystem] [<packages...>]

-f : the path of the *.ab file that will be saved on your computer. This file is a compressed file that contains an archive of the data/apks from your device.
-apk|-noapk : indicates if the *.apk files should be backed up (default is -noapk)
-obb|-noobb : enable/disable backup of any installed apk expansion (aka .obb) files associated with each application (default is -noobb)
-shared|-noshared: enable/disable backup of the device's shared storage / SD card contents (default is -noshared)
-all : indicates that you want the entire system backed up. you can use the packages filter to just backup specific packages, or use -all for a full system backup.
-system|-nosystem: indicates if all the system applications and data are included when backing up. (default is -system)
<packages> : this is where you can list specific packages to backup. Use these if you want to back up only specific applications. If using -all, you do not need to specify packages.

This will not backup contacts or sms

and to restore
Code:
adb restore [<name of backup>.ab]

Or this might help you http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36499906

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul Spark

wan_nomore

May 7, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3

i had this problem too.. anyone can solve this problem,

Top Liked Posts