S�o Paulo
raphaelcfrajuca.github.io

Unofficial Release TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy J8 MSM8953​

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

What's new in 3.3.1-0:

Code:
* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
* Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
* Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
* Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
* Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff

Bugs:

• If you find please report :)

Download:

Source:

Last edited:

ilovecookieee

Jan 13, 2019
The twrp flashed successfully but flashing the stable build of magisk(19.3) throws an error "Failed to mount /data(invalid argument)". I'm on android pie and my device is smj810f. Need help. Thanks in advance! :D

SpadeIsUnknown

Sep 10, 2019
android version required

New Version Released!

Changelog:

- Update fstab to correct links;
- Fix system not boot with twrp flashed
i wanted to ask since on september the 5th an update for android 9 pie and i installed it tried flashing the custom recovery through odin it passed but nothing changed meaning the twrp didn't show up
so i wanted to ask which version of anroid should i install (8 or 9) and from which region (ie : india / nepal etc...) to ensure maximum compatibility with the custom recovery and also i'm new to rooting and stuff so i'm sorry if i'm being ignorant and in actuality installing twrp has nothing to do with the android version :eek:

kalpesh137

Dec 11, 2016
Bro I have galaxy j8 10g.
It runs on android pie
Should I try this recovery??

Sent from my SM-J810G using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Bro I have galaxy j8 10g.
It runs on android pie
Should I try this recovery??

Sent from my SM-J810G using Tapatalk

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
My TWRP installs normally on odin, but it deletes rom storage, causing bootloop, and I can't format anything from the device by twrp
It doesn't delete anything. You can't access storage because it's encrypted.
Nothing is preventing you from Formatting if you use the correct button. I. E. FORMAT DATA button.

bublik2317

Jan 10, 2020
Hello, i flash this recovery, after i format data and flash magisk 19.1, but after i have interminable boot.
no-verity-encrypt flashing with error -1 (all versions)
What i did wrong?

nechita

Oct 5, 2016
Hello, i flash this recovery, after i format data and flash magisk 19.1, but after i have interminable boot.
no-verity-encrypt flashing with error -1 (all versions)
What i did wrong?
happened to me as well. i think when you flash the recovery you have to uncheck auto restart in Odin. After the recovery flash is done, restart the phone with VOLUME DOWN + POWER and imediately VOLUME UP + POWER to get in recovery and delete data + install MagisK. if the phone does not get in the recovery the first time the security fuse is blown and you have to flash a stock rom from sammobile.com and start again.

Reactions: Whosaryan

Whosaryan

Feb 21, 2020
Hey guys, i wanted to try the gcam mod in my galaxy j8(j810-G). Has anyone tried it yet? If not should i try it? I don't want to root it cuz I'm scared if it doesn't work, as i haven't seen any roms or mods for j8 yet:crying:... There's literally nothing to do and I won't get ota too:D..
Sorry I'm a noobie and scared of things getting wrong:D
Thanks in advance!:good:

A20sUser

Jul 13, 2020
Could you help me try to make a twrp for a20s?

if you can join the group from telegram @ galaxyj6br to talk to the agent we really need your help !!