[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.3.1 for Galaxy A6+

Search This thread

Not_Sure

Nov 25, 2019
github.com
Team Win Recovery Project (Only for Snapdragon-based Galaxy A6+)
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Everything from original recovery post is still valid, please read before proceeding.
Information:
  • enabled F2FS support
  • fixed CPU temperature readings
  • fixed time/date (only on ROMs without stock vendor)
  • fixed full-disk encryption (msm keystore implementation)
  • fixed screen brightness setting
  • customized theme
  • compiled from Lineage OS 16 source
Sources: TWRP (upstream), busybox, kernel, device-tree
Downloads: Image, Tarball for Odin
Screenshots:
uc
uc
uc

Changelog:
06.01.2020:
-added fstab, usb init script from ashyx's recovery

Be aware of bootloader bug:
Once you entered recovery there is no way to reboot device in normal/download mode except from recovery itself. Which is problematic if it's not operating correctly.
Ideas how to get out of it in case you stuck in broken recovery:
1. Use adb (provided that it works)
Code:
 adb reboot
2. Connect keyboard via OTG-adapted and press Alt + SysRq + O to power off device (saved my device).
3. Disconnect battery or let it die while burning bootloader splash into the screen.
4. Use USB Jig to enter download/EDL mode (might be ignored by bootloader just like key-combo).

Last edited:

Not_Sure

Nov 25, 2019
github.com

nebkas

Aug 18, 2008
Bucharest
Sorry, didn't test that in the end.

i omitted some partitions from fstab (and missed other) because i thought that restoring modem/apnhlos from old binary may soft-brick device. But after some testing it appears that it's only checked in download mode. I will add those partitions back in next release.

Will you release your Lineage port too?

pandavova

Feb 9, 2016
Do you need to use the forced encryption disabler?
I don't really care about the "full functionality" in TWRP, but I want to watch L1 widevine content with my rooted A605FN, and that isn't possible if the /data partition was formated.
But the (old?) "SM-A605-keymaster-fix-by-Not_Sure.zip" needs /data access, so I guess the forced encryption disabler is needed for that fix?
And what is the difference between the "fixed full-disk encryption (msm keystore implementation)" in this TWRP Mod and the (old?) "SM-A605-keymaster-fix-by-Not_Sure.zip"? Is there even any?

Ahga

Aug 24, 2012
Semarang
Last time i tried TWRP and root and there is a bug in lock screen system. is this version have that problem too?

Not_Sure

Nov 25, 2019
github.com
I don't really care about the "full functionality" in TWRP, but I want to watch L1 widevine content with my rooted A605FN, and that isn't possible if the /data partition was formated.
But the (old?) "SM-A605-keymaster-fix-by-Not_Sure.zip" needs /data access, so I guess the forced encryption disabler is needed for that fix?
And what is the difference between the "fixed full-disk encryption (msm keystore implementation)" in this TWRP Mod and the (old?) "SM-A605-keymaster-fix-by-Not_Sure.zip"? Is there even any?
It doesn't work not because /data was formatted, but because boot partition was changed which breaks chain of trust.
"fixed full-disk encryption (msm keystore implementation)" means that TWRP can decrypt /data but only when it was encrypted with "SM-A605-keymaster-fix-by-Not_Sure.zip" previously applied. If you have non-rooted stock ROM you still have to format /data first.

Reactions: pandavova

Cezariusus

Jul 16, 2020
Phone stuck on startup loop.

Followed the instructions but the phone looping the Samsung logo indefinitely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project (Only for Snapdragon-based Galaxy A6+)
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Everything from original recovery post is still valid, please read before proceeding.
    Information:
    • enabled F2FS support
    • fixed CPU temperature readings
    • fixed time/date (only on ROMs without stock vendor)
    • fixed full-disk encryption (msm keystore implementation)
    • fixed screen brightness setting
    • customized theme
    • compiled from Lineage OS 16 source
    Sources: TWRP (upstream), busybox, kernel, device-tree
    Downloads: Image, Tarball for Odin
    Screenshots:
    uc
    uc
    uc

Changelog:
    06.01.2020:
    -added fstab, usb init script from ashyx's recovery

Be aware of bootloader bug:
    Once you entered recovery there is no way to reboot device in normal/download mode except from recovery itself. Which is problematic if it's not operating correctly.
    Ideas how to get out of it in case you stuck in broken recovery:
    1. Use adb (provided that it works)
    Code:
     adb reboot
    2. Connect keyboard via OTG-adapted and press Alt + SysRq + O to power off device (saved my device).
    3. Disconnect battery or let it die while burning bootloader splash into the screen.
    4. Use USB Jig to enter download/EDL mode (might be ignored by bootloader just like key-combo).
    Will you release your Lineage port too?
    No need, Edgars released it and is working on it now. I'll focus on kernel.
    MTP doesnt work
    Restore old TWRP backups doesnt work
    Now it should work.
    It doesn't work not because /data was formatted, but because boot partition was changed which breaks chain of trust.
    "fixed full-disk encryption (msm keystore implementation)" means that TWRP can decrypt /data but only when it was encrypted with "SM-A605-keymaster-fix-by-Not_Sure.zip" previously applied. If you have non-rooted stock ROM you still have to format /data first.