[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP 3.3.1 Touch Recovery [ALL MODELS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theimpulson

Senior Moderator / Dev Cmt. / RD / Dev Relations
Staff member
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FkHQgwnV.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a full touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Downloads:

GitHub Releases

Instructions:

- Download recovery
- Boot into recovery using fastboot boot command
- Do what you want

Bugs:
- Can't be installed permanently
- Data restore has issues

- You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.3.1 Touch Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Nokia 6

Contributors
TheImpulson
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-01

Created 2018-08-06
Last Updated 2019-10-13

Attachments

• photo_2018-08-07_10-38-09.jpg
    photo_2018-08-07_10-38-09.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,403
  • photo_2018-08-07_10-38-07.jpg
    photo_2018-08-07_10-38-07.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,353
  • photo_2018-08-07_10-38-03.jpg
    photo_2018-08-07_10-38-03.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,348
  • photo_2018-08-07_10-38-04.jpg
    photo_2018-08-07_10-38-04.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,094
  • photo_2018-08-07_10-38-06.jpg
    photo_2018-08-07_10-38-06.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,122

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
I don't mean to compare, but How is this different than Maher unofficial TWRP? Does it need to be updated after ever security update? I have the TA-1045 version of the Nokia 6.1 on the July update.

theimpulson

Staff member
I don't mean to compare, but How is this different than Maher unofficial TWRP? Does it need to be updated after ever security update? I have the TA-1045 version of the Nokia 6.1 on the July update.

For differences, You can always check my source which are linked in the 1st post. Nope, TWRP doesn't depends on device security patches.

chriskleov

Apr 15, 2007
can someone have a guide to flash the recovery?i cant flash it... at fastboot phone stuck and pc wait for device. thanks

theimpulson

Staff member

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
If you encounter any issue, kindly tell me so that I can fix. As on TA-1089 model that I hold, everything seems to be working.

Edit: Everything seems to be working as far now.

I am trying to use the command "fastboot boot twrp-3.2.2-0-PL2.img" to boot into TWRP and not flash it. When I do that command it just boots completely into the system. Why is it not booting to TWRP?

theimpulson

Staff member
I am trying to use the command "fastboot boot twrp-3.2.2-0-PL2.img" to boot into TWRP and not flash it. When I do that command it just boots completely into the system. Why is it not booting to TWRP?

It is because initramfs is set to ignore by default on boot. I can change it unless I get kernel source.

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
It is because initramfs is set to ignore by default on boot. I can change it unless I get kernel source.
As of right now.... There is no way of rooting the device without TWRP to flash Magisk? Once I flash TWRP I will loose stock recovery and will not get OTA.

I have restored stock boot and Unroot, but cannot install the August OTA.

toonmaster74

Apr 17, 2015
As of right now.... There is no way of rooting the device without TWRP to flash Magisk? Once I flash TWRP I will loose stock recovery and will not get OTA.

I have restored stock boot and Unroot, but cannot install the August OTA.

Do you have the stock boot image so i can restore stock boot????? That would actually save my ass if you could hit me up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FkHQgwnV.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a full touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Downloads:

GitHub Releases

Instructions:

- Download recovery
    - Boot into recovery using fastboot boot command
    - Do what you want

Bugs:
    - Can't be installed permanently
    - Data restore has issues

- You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 3.3.1 Touch Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Nokia 6

Contributors
    TheImpulson
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.3.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-07-01

Created 2018-08-06
    Last Updated 2019-10-13
    Bumping this up! These recovery supports all SDM660 nokia models. Therefore, it has been moved in cross-device development section.
    Downloads have been moved here: https://github.com/nokia-dev/android_device_nokia_sdm660-common-TWRP/releases
    Here is an updated TWRP for PL2.

Changelog:

- Read all asserts in case there are more than one
    - Remove TWRP app from recovery
    - Add support for multi-user decryption
    - Add TWRP Inject function
    - Override platform version to 16.1.0
    - Fix linker warnings when binaries are executed while /system is mounted
    I pushed an update. This lets you install TWRP permanently now. You can get it here.

Instructions in order to install TWRP permanently:

To install TWRP permanently on your device, copy the downloaded image into your device's storage.

Now reboot to fastboot/download mode by using adb or manual key combos (Volume down + Power). Temporary boot the downloaded image using the following command:

Code:
    fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img

Once booted, navigate to the Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk option. This will ask you to select the image you want to install TWRP from. Select the TWRP image you just downloaded and copied into device storage. Proceed to install this image.

You also need to use the "Fix Recovery Bootloop" option present in the same Advanced Tab. Use that option after you have installed the recovery ramdisk successfully to avoid boot loops happening from installing TWRP Permanently.

After this is done, you have successfully installed TWRP on your device.
    New update is up! This is TWRP v3.3.1. This release allows you to flash TWRP permanently. Download it from here.
    Read flashing instructions on 1st post carefully.
    Always backup your existing bootimage. I am still unsure whether flashing permanently will work fine on old and new upcoming Android Security Patches.

Instructions and Release links have been updated on thread.