[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP 3.3.1 Touch Recovery [ALL MODELS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

theimpulson

Forum Moderator - Recognized Developer
Staff member
Sep 22, 2014
Bhilai, India

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a full touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Downloads:

GitHub Releases

Instructions:

- Download recovery
- Boot into recovery using fastboot boot command
- Do what you want

Bugs:
- Can't be installed permanently
- Data restore has issues

- You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.3.1 Touch Recovery, Tool/Utility for the Nokia 6

Contributors
TheImpulson
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-01

Created 2018-08-06
Last Updated 2019-10-13

Attachments

theimpulson

Staff member
Sep 22, 2014
Bhilai, India
If you encounter any issue, kindly tell me so that I can fix. As on TA-1089 model that I hold, everything seems to be working.

Edit: Everything seems to be working as far now.

Last edited:
Reactions: yosol

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
I don't mean to compare, but How is this different than Maher unofficial TWRP? Does it need to be updated after ever security update? I have the TA-1045 version of the Nokia 6.1 on the July update.

theimpulson

Staff member
Sep 22, 2014
Bhilai, India
I don't mean to compare, but How is this different than Maher unofficial TWRP? Does it need to be updated after ever security update? I have the TA-1045 version of the Nokia 6.1 on the July update.
For differences, You can always check my source which are linked in the 1st post. Nope, TWRP doesn't depends on device security patches.

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
If you encounter any issue, kindly tell me so that I can fix. As on TA-1089 model that I hold, everything seems to be working.

Edit: Everything seems to be working as far now.
I am trying to use the command "fastboot boot twrp-3.2.2-0-PL2.img" to boot into TWRP and not flash it. When I do that command it just boots completely into the system. Why is it not booting to TWRP?

theimpulson

Staff member
Sep 22, 2014
Bhilai, India
I am trying to use the command "fastboot boot twrp-3.2.2-0-PL2.img" to boot into TWRP and not flash it. When I do that command it just boots completely into the system. Why is it not booting to TWRP?
It is because initramfs is set to ignore by default on boot. I can change it unless I get kernel source.

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
It is because initramfs is set to ignore by default on boot. I can change it unless I get kernel source.
As of right now.... There is no way of rooting the device without TWRP to flash Magisk? Once I flash TWRP I will loose stock recovery and will not get OTA.

I have restored stock boot and Unroot, but cannot install the August OTA.

toonmaster74

Apr 17, 2015
As of right now.... There is no way of rooting the device without TWRP to flash Magisk? Once I flash TWRP I will loose stock recovery and will not get OTA.

I have restored stock boot and Unroot, but cannot install the August OTA.
Do you have the stock boot image so i can restore stock boot????? That would actually save my ass if you could hit me up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.