[RECOVERY] [UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.4.0-0 for Galaxy A20e (A202F)

Search This thread

Moogle

Oct 30, 2007
Sony Xperia XA2
Sd card section at end

Tried it, while it got internal storage working, it reduced all the storage down to 4Gb (from a 32G card).

How can I view that sdcard file?

Trying CrDroid A image again tonight and just go into a bootloop.
These instructions for A202F/DS seem to not function for everyone. Please add information on which partition to flash the GSI to (Vendor, System, Product) in TWRP as well.

update update Tried CrDroid AB image again and gets as far as the booting Eye-of-Ra icon but then just loads forever with the booting animation. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Tried it, while it got internal storage working, it reduced all the storage down to 4Gb (from a 32G card).

So internal storage is working and external is 4gb

---------- Post added 23-09-2020 at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 22-09-2020 at 11:46 PM ----------

Trying CrDroid A image again tonight and just go into a bootloop.
These instructions for A202F/DS seem to not function for everyone. Please add information on which partition to flash the GSI to (Vendor, System, Product) in TWRP as well.

update update Tried CrDroid AB image again and gets as far as the booting Eye-of-Ra icon but then just loads forever with the booting animation. Any help would be appreciated.

GSI is a system.img file so it should be installed in system

Instructions

Flash the GSI image, flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip, flash GSI_Fix_boot.zip, wipe cache and reboot.
Enjoy

OP is running DescendantX (see post #5)

I have a205yn

Last edited:

Moogle

Oct 30, 2007
Sony Xperia XA2
So internal storage is working and external is 4gb

---------- Post added 23-09-2020 at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 22-09-2020 at 11:46 PM ----------

GSI is a system.img file so it should be installed in system

Instructions

Flash the GSI image, flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip, flash GSI_Fix_boot.zip, wipe cache and reboot.
Enjoy

OP is running DescendantX (see post #5)

I have a205yn

Okay, was installed in system, bootloops forever not working on A202F/DS you should probably stop advising others who have this model to install GSI's as there seem to be many others in threads with the same experience.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say with the comment about internal storage above. there's 32Gb of phone storage and a 32Gb sd card in it. After the Sd card file swap the phone shows 1.8Gb for the card and the phone storage reports 4Gb.

TBH it doesn't seem like anyone really knows anything in these threads, just gonna go back to stock for few monthts while till the bugs shake themselves out.

Last edited by a moderator:

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Okay, was installed in system, bootloops forever not working on A202F/DS you should probably stop advising others who have this model to install GSI's as there seem to be many others in threads with the same experience.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say with the comment about internal storage above. there's 32Gb of phone storage and a 32Gb sd card in it. After the Sd card file swap the phone shows 1.8Gb for the card and the phone storage reports 4Gb.

TBH it doesn't seem like anyone really knows anything in these threads, just gonna go back to stock for few monthts while till the bugs shake themselves out.

Goodbye

Xyn XDotnest

Jul 21, 2015
The A202F is an A/B device, despite what Treble Checker apps say. Only A/B GSIs will boot on it, as far as SD Card issues go, I cannot reproduce them, SD Cards work perfectly well in any GSI I've tried.

SM-A202F_user

Jun 29, 2020
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

I’d recommend to read everything in this post, if you care about your phone.
  1. If you already unlocked your bootloader, start with step 3.
  2. First you need to unlock your bootloader. You can do so by enabling developer settings first, enable oem unlocking, then shut down your phone, hold volume up and down at the same time and while holding them plugin your charger. Your phone now should show a green screen with instructions to unlock the bootloader. Just follow them and after the unlocking your data should get wiped. After that your device will boot up and land in setup screen. Do not setup anything, just skip as much as possible, because your phone will get wiped again. Enable developer settings and make sure oem unlocking is greyed out and enabled. (If it does not show up, connect to a network first!)
  3. Flash Galaxy A20e TWRP.tar via Odin or heimdall
  4. Reboot into TWRP AS SOON AS THE FLASHING PROCESS IS DONE because otherwise TWRP will get replaced with the stock Android recovery
  5. If you want to flash a GSI, skip to step 7
  6. Factory reset in TWRP and reboot to stock
  7. Wipe everything in TWRP excluding SD Card / USB OTG
  8. Put a GSI image file onto an SD Card, alongside GSI_Fix_boot.zip and Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
  9. Flash the GSI image, flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip, flash GSI_Fix_boot.zip, wipe cache and reboot.
  10. Enjoy :)

Current bugs
  • Encryption/Decryption on stock does not work, you cannot read the internal storage while using the stock firmware
  • ADB and USB connection / USB OTG does not work

Latest release: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nbrmn7BgA3BxA1bqnLXYMuCY4KjpR0Vn/view?usp=sharing

Social media

Hey thanks for the above tutorial. Got TWRP working on android 10 one ui 2.5. I just wanted to ask whether it would be possible to install android 11 gsi on my samsung a20e. I have a u3 bootloader if you needed to know. I'm rooted with magisk and have TWRP installed as stated. I'm quite new due to being only 13 so please help me out here.

P.S. I also have a Windows 10 PC with Odin software as well as adb toolkit installed if need be. Bootloader is also unlocked.

Last edited:

Xyn XDotnest

Jul 21, 2015
Hey thanks for the above tutorial. Got TWRP working on android 10 one ui 2.5. I just wanted to ask whether it would be possible to install android 11 gsi on my samsung a20e. I have a u3 bootloader if you needed to know. I'm rooted with magisk and have TWRP installed as stated. I'm quite new due to being only 13 so please help me out here.

P.S. I also have a Windows 10 PC with Odin software as well as adb toolkit installed if need be. Bootloader is also unlocked.

Hey, I tried booting the Android 11 GSI but to no avail, you can try it out as well but I doubt it'll boot.

Royna

Aug 23, 2018
Project Treble
Samsung Galaxy A6
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
/*
 */

2. First you need to unlock your bootloader. You can do so by enabling developer settings first, enable oem unlocking, then shut down your phone, hold volume up and down at the same time and while holding them plugin your charger. Your phone now should show a green screen with instructions to unlock the bootloader. Just follow them and after the unlocking your data should get wiped. After that your device will boot up and land in setup screen. Do not setup anything, just skip as much as possible, because your phone will get wiped again. Enable developer settings and make sure oem unlocking is greyed out and enabled. (If it does not show up, connect to a network first!)
  4. Reboot into TWRP AS SOON AS THE FLASHING PROCESS IS DONE because otherwise TWRP will get replaced with the stock Android recovery
  8. Put a GSI image file onto an SD Card, alongside GSI_Fix_boot.zip and Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
  9. Flash the GSI image, flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip, flash GSI_Fix_boot.zip, wipe cache and reboot.

Current bugs
  • Encryption/Decryption on stock does not work, you cannot read the internal storage while using the stock firmware

Latest release: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nbrmn7BgA3BxA1bqnLXYMuCY4KjpR0Vn/view?usp=sharing

Social media

Can you please share your device tree for twrp? I recently got my bootloader updated, so the twrp doesn't work anymore. I'm tryng to build one but after it passes A20e logo, the screen gets blank and blinks. I don't know what is the problem... pls share your twrp device tree so I can improve my tree

Topser99

Mar 28, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A20

Can you please share your device tree for twrp? I recently got my bootloader updated, so the twrp doesn't work anymore. I'm tryng to build one but after it passes A20e logo, the screen gets blank and blinks. I don't know what is the problem... pls share your twrp device tree so I can improve my tree
You build the kernel custom is enough For twrp you can use an old image, just update the kernel.

Last edited:

miss

Dec 27, 2006
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel 6
"Current errors
Stock encryption / decryption not working, cannot read internal storage while using stock firmware
ADB and USB / USB OTG connection does not work "

This means that if I install this twrp and leave the stock rom, I will no longer be able to see the files in the internal memory?
It will not work for me when I connect the phone to the computer to see the photos?
I just need to be root
thanks

Topser99

Mar 28, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A20
"Current errors
Stock encryption / decryption not working, cannot read internal storage while using stock firmware
ADB and USB / USB OTG connection does not work "

This means that if I install this twrp and leave the stock rom, I will no longer be able to see the files in the internal memory?
It will not work for me when I connect the phone to the computer to see the photos?
I just need to be root
thanks

Try again
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=19K62yC9YxeqaZTbX8VcWAm9MxHaUq26-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     */

Current bugs

Social media
    I'm stuck at GSI (PixelExperience) installation. I've extracted the img file on sd card and the wizard is asking which partition should be used to flash image (boot,recovery,product image,system image,vendor image).

System
    The A202F is an A/B device, despite what Treble Checker apps say. Only A/B GSIs will boot on it, as far as SD Card issues go, I cannot reproduce them, SD Cards work perfectly well in any GSI I've tried.

Yes
    The a205xx is a fake ab (a plus SAR)
    Glad to hear the GSIs are working for you.
    Any custom ROMs for your device?
    Possibly... Although this guide written in the Q timeframe so... Give it a go if you wish. Btw @KineSight, where are the A20 instructions?
    Custom Vendor for Android 11 has not been created for A20/A20e yet. That's why everyone is still on Android 10 Based Vendor for Android 11 ROMs.

Since you are on Android 11 and an A20e user, I am not familiar with your issues as I am an A20 user on Android 10 .

_ _ _

Not sure if this will help but when you are flashing the Custom ROMs - make sure that you are NOT using the OneUI Vendor.

IF there is NO 'Vendor.img' in the Custom ROM zip then download the A20 Custom Vendor from here and flash with the Custom ROM when installing in TWRP.