• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.4.0-0

Search This thread

pixlone

Oct 28, 2019
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Install guide:
Boot:
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>

Install:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <twrp.img>

Download:
twrp-3.4.0-0-burton-beta1.img

What's working:
Everything I've tested seems to be working aside from a few bugs:
  • EFS does not appear on backup menu
  • Super partition appears twice on backup menu
  • Battery percentage does not appear
Please test and let me know if anything else is broken.

Source code:
Device tree: https://github.com/PixlOne/android_device_motorola_burton/tree/twrp

TWRP Source: https://github.com/PixlOne/android_bootable_recovery

Thanks to:
Code:
* vache for providing the racer device tree as a base
* TWRP devs

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Motorola Edge +

Contributors
pixlone, vache
Source Code: https://github.com/PixlOne/android_device_motorola_burton/tree/twrp

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2020-09-01

Created 2020-09-01
Last Updated 2020-09-01

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
Pgh
Motorola Edge
This can be used for the edge? Will burton's recovery work? How did you find that this one would work? Already downloaded it, but haven't installed yet (haven't unlocked yet too). Can this img file be installed thru the twrp app?

ToolBoyNIN

Mar 28, 2012
I would like to know if you can build one for the Edge. I see you used the source from the Edge to build for the Edge+, therefore, can you build one for the Edge for us Racer users? Thank you.

ToolBoyNIN

Mar 28, 2012
reggjoo, no you can not use this for the Edge (Racer). I have tried that when I first got my Racer about 2 months ago. Would really like one for the Racer, though.

Moto_Fan

Oct 12, 2020
Depends what my IP address says
Kinda thought that. Maybe we can get the builder for that(edge+) to take intrest in the edge.

The Dev I donated a Edge 5G , he is our TWRP Guru/Guinus, as he build ROMs as well. The other thing you guys have to understand, now we have 3-4 Devs with device, and (1) Dev who is soooooo God Dam good, he don't even need a device, don't wanna mention a name if you knon this side of Android, the Motorola Side, Mr. V is very very well know within the Dev community. I swear he has to code and program with his eyes closed. Watching this guy at work on a machine without the device he is is developing, eyes closed is like watching the 17th chapel get painted; imagine that there s classical music in the background....halfway through the 3rd Track ROM completed.... This guy I think is part machine....you Animal! Or Cow if you prefer....

tha_mechanic

Jan 23, 2019
Motorola Edge +
I found this: https://build.lolinet.com/file/twrp/burton/
seems another build of twrp for moto edge+
I have tried that one as well. It doesn't work. I'm not sure if it is based off of racer and they just changed it to Burton? I've tried it.

Actually I just went to the link and there are a bunch of TWRP. Last time I checked in lolinet there was only one there. Maybe I will try it. Maybe someone has been working on it

Top Liked Posts