• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.0-0 for POCO M3 [citrus]

Search This thread

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
I tested what you said with my testers, nothing different as expected
Very strange. Using your TWRP image it is not possible to decrypt on my Poco M3 with the latest EEA stable ROM. With just the modification I said, TWRP asks for the password and decrypts it correctly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-58-06.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-58-06.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 427
  • Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-55-33-478_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-55-33-478_com.android.settings.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 419
  • Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-56-09-036_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-56-09-036_com.android.settings.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-57-45.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-57-45.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-58-46.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-14-17-58-46.png
    314.9 KB · Views: 374

deilon

Sep 1, 2016
Would be nice to have a update on this recovery, the only with standard twrp theme and flashing things (magisk, roms, etc) without errors, some people already bringed other twrp versions but with a terrible theme, hurting my eyes. Please update it @TheMalachite <3

solar10

help me please. in my twrp, i don't have system in wipe. so how can i flash rom lineageos for my poco m3

I seem to have a similar issue.
My device is unlocked, I manage to install any recovery .img and restart into recovery mode using buttons (does not work from fastboot CLI).
Trying to flash any ROM, it fails as it cannot find /system (No such file or directory)
I use MX Linux 19, not Windows.
zip files are stored on an SD Card
After several attempts trying anything, it ends up reloading the Orignal MIUI ROM (GLOBAL 12.0.10 Stable - QJFEUXM), TWRP is gone and I have to go through phone init and re-enable developer mode to re-enable USB-Debug to re-install TWRP.
Is it mandatory to have a SIM card in it ?

dimple7

Jul 22, 2021
Hello mates! Please help!
As many people mentioned before, a lot of us have the same issue: We don' t have access to delete system through twrp or any other recovery, so, we can't flash any custom rom on Poco M3.

The solutions I read above were:
Flash rom india -> rom global -> rom eu 12.0.1 -> twrp normal.

For me, it didn't work.

you can't flash system + vendor + product because these partitions are read-only. create your own super.img with lpmake
This is not something easy to do (at least I don't know how, but if someone could help me, that would be great!).

Also, as I read above, Poco M3 has dynamic partitions.
It's impossible with new dynamic partitions.

That means we can't delete system? So, how does enybody flash custom roms???

Anyway, I would really appreciate if some more exprerinced member could help by providing a working solution to this problem.
Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: solar10

ares3010

Aug 1, 2014
Firenze
Through fastboot I install the recovery. When I open it and then install the ROM it does not allow me to transfer the ROM file to the internal memory. The recovery presents the files with strange abbreviations.
You can help me?
Thank you very much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP-Logo.png.370be5e4ef285d5ded589ab44688efa1.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP 3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's doesn't working ?
    - Data decryption after a second TWRP reboot

Flash guide:
    Code:
    - fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmetaname.img
    - fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

Download:
    TWRP 3.5.0-0 recovery image for citrus
    vbmeta image for citrus

Source code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/DragonBigClaws/twrp_poco_citrus
    Kernel source: Prebuilt kernel from MIUI v12.0.1.0.QJFTWXM

Telegram support group:
    Click here

Credits:
    I want to say a big thanks to the tester Pablo | #Citrus (Telegram)

Informations:
    TWRP version: 3.5.0-0
    Created: 2021-01-06
    Last Update: 2021-01-06
    As some users reported, it's seems that TWRP is unable to decrypt data partition after rebooting to TWRP a second time, I will try to fix this issue as soon as possible

If you want to help for testing, join my telegram group (link on first post) and tag me inside it
    Hey everyone, I made a little investigation and sadly Xiaomi broke encryption on 29 December update for MIUI V12 TW, TR, RU and ID since users from MIUI V12 EU, MI and IN 15 December to 27 November update reported me to doesn't have any problems

All you can do is waiting Xiaomi for fixing this problem or to someone for finding a workaround
    Thanks, working just fine! You forgot the "flash" before "vbmeta" in the command tho ^^
    Device changelog:
    2021-01-06: Initial unofficial build