• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.0-0 for POCO M3 [citrus]

Search This thread

lilknighthood

Mar 17, 2016
pls help me fix my problem
fastboot boot failed (remote unknown command)

prob.PNG

Reactions: Silver_Phoenix29

Silver_Phoenix29

Aug 1, 2021
I am having the same problem as lilknighthood. 'fastboot flash recovery' works without any problems, but I can't access twrp. I'm getting the same error in the cmd. When starting the recovery using + volume and power it loads the Xiaomi recovery menu instead of twrp.

Reactions: lilknighthood

Silver_Phoenix29

Aug 1, 2021
Can't access twrp, just black screen (screen stays on)
By now it's partly fixed on my end. Specifically to get into twrp I had to press volume up and power together, but stop holding power when the phone turned on. I had/have some more problems after that though...
I did find this one guy on reddit who'se been véry helpful, so you might want to see if anything works for you or ask your own question there!

lilknighthood

Mar 17, 2016
By now it's partly fixed on my end. Specifically to get into twrp I had to press volume up and power together, but stop holding power when the phone turned on. I had/have some more problems after that though...
I did find this one guy on reddit who'se been véry helpful, so you might want to see if anything works for you or ask your own question there!
do you have a specific post to fix the error. i cant find it

starchow01

Aug 26, 2021
I already install TWRP and Root my Poco M3 with Magisk, but it have a big problem: "When rebooting or shutdown phone, it's always showing black screen. I can't use Power button to wake my phone up."
So i must wait for the battery self-discharge to 0% and plug the charge to power up it.
Anyone meet this stupid problem before?
Any advise for me, pls?

tomriddle537xda

May 5, 2018
Redmi Note 9
is there any isue flashing custom recovery on poco m3?.... am trying and nothing seems to work.... every guide just say fastboot flash recovery <recovery>.img but nothing works.... Ive have magisk installed and working fine but no custom recovery.... Am new on m3.... And come from a moto g5s plus and havoc, I just don't know why, Just does not boot up any custom recovery, tried twrp-pbrp-orange-etc..... After i flash a custom recovery i can't Even enter the system, then i have to flash stock recovery and every thing works, am on Android 10, MUI Global 12.0.10... and i want a custom recovery and custom rom...dont know what to do, please helpme
Can't access twrp, just black screen (screen stays on)

newbiez5p

Aug 29, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
Honor 5X
I already install TWRP and Root my Poco M3 with Magisk, but it have a big problem: "When rebooting or shutdown phone, it's always showing black screen. I can't use Power button to wake my phone up."
So i must wait for the battery self-discharge to 0% and plug the charge to power up it.
Anyone meet this stupid problem before?
Any advise for me, pls?
ur phone is dead like other m3 there r many posts about this problem on xda u can find // there is no permanent fix // one of ways to boot as u said was battery drain // im hoping by flashing custom rom i might bypass this bug but couldnt get free time to do it //

there is fast way to boot up
take back cover out / take out top side
unplug battery ( right end one) then as fast as u plugging charging cable , plug battery cable and press power btn

let charge for 10min then turn power on

Bontersoft

Mar 25, 2021
Praya
bontersoft.blogspot.com
is there any isue flashing custom recovery on poco m3?.... am trying and nothing seems to work.... every guide just say fastboot flash recovery <recovery>.img but nothing works.... Ive have magisk installed and working fine but no custom recovery.... Am new on m3.... And come from a moto g5s plus and havoc, I just don't know why, Just does not boot up any custom recovery, tried twrp-pbrp-orange-etc..... After i flash a custom recovery i can't Even enter the system, then i have to flash stock recovery and every thing works, am on Android 10, MUI Global 12.0.10... and i want a custom recovery and custom rom...dont know what to do, please helpme
Use orangefox recovery for better result so far

sumantakec

Apr 18, 2013
View attachment 5179553
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP 3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

What's doesn't working ?
- Data decryption after a second TWRP reboot

Flash guide:
Code:
- fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmetaname.img
- fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

Download:
TWRP 3.5.0-0 recovery image for citrus
vbmeta image for citrus

Source code:
Device tree: https://github.com/DragonBigClaws/twrp_poco_citrus
Kernel source: Prebuilt kernel from MIUI v12.0.1.0.QJFTWXM

Telegram support group:
Click here

Credits:
I want to say a big thanks to the tester Pablo | #Citrus (Telegram)

Informations:
TWRP version: 3.5.0-0
Created: 2021-01-06
Last Update: 2021-01-06

tested this on poco M3 ...touch screen not working ..used otg and mouse to install

sumantakec

Apr 18, 2013
i think u installed to boot instead to recovery >>> flash rom's boot.img (twrp>install>select image>roms boot.img>flash to boot>restart) to fix this problem
i used commands as mentioned

but after reboot its always booting into TWRP .. then I thought may be installing new rom will solve the problem .. but even after no error install twice device always booting into TWRP

sumantakec

Apr 18, 2013
i used commands as mentioned

but after reboot its always booting into TWRP .. then I thought may be installing new rom will solve the problem .. but even after no error install twice device always booting into TWRP

used orange fox recovery and everything worked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP-Logo.png.370be5e4ef285d5ded589ab44688efa1.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP 3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's doesn't working ?
    - Data decryption after a second TWRP reboot

Flash guide:
    Code:

Download:
    TWRP 3.5.0-0 recovery image for citrus
    vbmeta image for citrus

Source code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/DragonBigClaws/twrp_poco_citrus
    Kernel source: Prebuilt kernel from MIUI v12.0.1.0.QJFTWXM

Telegram support group:
    Click here

Credits:
    I want to say a big thanks to the tester Pablo | #Citrus (Telegram)

Informations:
    TWRP version: 3.5.0-0
    Created: 2021-01-06
    Last Update: 2021-01-06
    As some users reported, it's seems that TWRP is unable to decrypt data partition after rebooting to TWRP a second time, I will try to fix this issue as soon as possible

If you want to help for testing, join my telegram group (link on first post) and tag me inside it
    Hey everyone, I made a little investigation and sadly Xiaomi broke encryption on 29 December update for MIUI V12 TW, TR, RU and ID since users from MIUI V12 EU, MI and IN 15 December to 27 November update reported me to doesn't have any problems

All you can do is waiting Xiaomi for fixing this problem or to someone for finding a workaround
    Thanks, working just fine! You forgot the "flash" before "vbmeta" in the command tho ^^
    Device changelog:
    2021-01-06: Initial unofficial build