[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.0-0 for POCO M3 [citrus]

Search This thread

enricoelo

May 19, 2017
My Poco M3 was dead, charged but did not turn on.
I managed to get it into fastboot mode.
Mifalsh detected it but I could not flash it because it caused an error in deleting the device.
so I thought about installing TWRP Recovery
but at the first instruction he tells me:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta-citrus.img
target reported max download size of 804268032 bytes
sending 'vbmeta' (4 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.016s]
writing 'vbmeta'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)
finished. total time: 0.016s

writing failed. How can I do now?

A thousand thanks

Last edited:

papavacuo

Jan 19, 2022
Hello,
View attachment 5179553
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP 3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

What's doesn't working ?
- Data decryption after a second TWRP reboot

Flash guide:
Code:
- fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmetaname.img
- fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

Download:
TWRP 3.5.0-0 recovery image for citrus
vbmeta image for citrus

Source code:
Device tree: https://github.com/DragonBigClaws/twrp_poco_citrus
Kernel source: Prebuilt kernel from MIUI v12.0.1.0.QJFTWXM

Telegram support group:
Click here

Credits:
I want to say a big thanks to the tester Pablo | #Citrus (Telegram)

Informations:
TWRP version: 3.5.0-0
Created: 2021-01-06
Last Update: 2021-01-06
TheMalachite, may I ask you how did you compile the Poco M3 kernel? I tried

export ARCH=arm64 && export SUBARCH=arm64 export CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/aosp_prebuilts/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/aarch64-linux-android- export DTC_EXT="/opt/google_misc/misc/linux-x86/dtc/dtc" make ARCH=arm64 CC=clang CLANG_TRIPLE=aarch64-linux-gnu- vendor/citrus-perf_defconfig make ARCH=arm64 CC=clang CLANG_TRIPLE=aarch64-linux-gnu- EXTRA_CFLAGS="-I $PWD/techpack/display/pll/ -I $PWD/techpack/camera/drivers/cam_sensor_module/cam_cci/ -I $PWD/techpack/camera/drivers/cam_req_mgr -DSDCARDFS_VERSION= -I $PWD/" -j$(nproc --all) 2>&1 | tee kernel.log

and unpacked/repacked boot.img with

unpackbootimg -i boot.img -o boot_img_unpacked mkbootimg --kernel "$SCRIPT_DIR/devices/$DEVICE/kernel/k/arch/arm64/boot/Image.gz" \ --ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk \ --dtb boot.img-dtb \ --cmdline "$(< boot.img-cmdline)" \ --base "$(< boot.img-base)" \ --kernel_offset "$(< boot.img-kernel_offset)" \ --ramdisk_offset "$(< boot.img-ramdisk_offset)" \ --tags_offset "$(< boot.img-tags_offset)" \ --dtb_offset "$(< boot.img-dtb_offset)" \ --os_version "$(< boot.img-os_version)" \ --os_patch_level "$(< boot.img-os_patch_level)" \ --pagesize "$(< boot.img-pagesize)" \ --header_version "$(< boot.img-header_version)" \ --hashtype "$(< boot.img-hashtype)" \ --board "$(< boot.img-board)" \ -o ../boot.img

but it won't boot. I tried unpacking/repacking the original boot.img with the original kernel just to see if I was repacking wrong but it worked, so my repack is working. I think the issue might be with dtbo inside the kernel, because my compiled kernel has 28mb vs 32mb from the original one. It's worth noting that the original one is for Android 11 and the one I compiled is for Android 10 but I doubt this is the problem because both are 4.19.x and usually one kernel works over 2 Android versions.

I also tried adding CONFIG_BUILD_ARM64_DT_OVERLAY=y to
vendor/citrus-perf_defconfig but it also won't boot.

PS: thank you for your TWRP image, please help on this, I'd be very very grateful!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP-Logo.png.370be5e4ef285d5ded589ab44688efa1.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or TWRP 3.x for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's doesn't working ?
    - Data decryption after a second TWRP reboot

Flash guide:
    Code:
    - fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmetaname.img
    - fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

Download:
    TWRP 3.5.0-0 recovery image for citrus
    vbmeta image for citrus

Source code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/DragonBigClaws/twrp_poco_citrus
    Kernel source: Prebuilt kernel from MIUI v12.0.1.0.QJFTWXM

Telegram support group:
    Click here

Credits:
    I want to say a big thanks to the tester Pablo | #Citrus (Telegram)

Informations:
    TWRP version: 3.5.0-0
    Created: 2021-01-06
    Last Update: 2021-01-06
    As some users reported, it's seems that TWRP is unable to decrypt data partition after rebooting to TWRP a second time, I will try to fix this issue as soon as possible

If you want to help for testing, join my telegram group (link on first post) and tag me inside it
    Hey everyone, I made a little investigation and sadly Xiaomi broke encryption on 29 December update for MIUI V12 TW, TR, RU and ID since users from MIUI V12 EU, MI and IN 15 December to 27 November update reported me to doesn't have any problems

All you can do is waiting Xiaomi for fixing this problem or to someone for finding a workaround
    Thanks, working just fine! You forgot the "flash" before "vbmeta" in the command tho ^^
    Device changelog:
    2021-01-06: Initial unofficial build