[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.0

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
adb reboot bootloader >> "error: no devices/emulators found" Also, I already have the Moto drivers installed. As an aside, I just watched this that indicates the whole thing can be done with TWRP.
I'm running Windows 10, and I have Motorola Mobile Drivers 6.4.0 installed.

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
I have rooted and installed custom Roms and their updates on numerous Android devices, both phones and tablets, and I can't stand having a device without these capabilities. But I have never had so much trouble as I've had with my new Sofia, which appears to be its code name, and I don't want to send it back.

Last edited:

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
I have rooted and installed custom Roms and their updates on numerous Android devices, both phones and tablets, and I can't stand having a device without these capabilities. But I have never had so much trouble as I've had with my new Sofia, which appears to be its code name, and I don't want to send it back.
OMG. I'm so embarrassed and must apologize. USB-C is very new to me; I'm a micro USB guy. I have 2 USB-C devices now, my Sofia, and a cool electric shaver. I got the USB cables mixed up, and I now see my device via ADB. Wow. I'm really sorry, But now I'm ready to move forward rooting and roming.

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
OMG. I'm so embarrassed and must apologize. USB-C is very new to me; I'm a micro USB guy. I have 2 USB-C devices now, my Sofia, and a cool electric shaver. I got the USB cables mixed up, and I now see my device via ADB. Wow. I'm really sorry, But now I'm ready to move forward rooting and roming.
Hell ya man! It happens haha download telegram and add this group lots of roms

Attachments

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
Hell ya man! It happens haha download telegram and add this group lots of roms
I posted a question that wasn't answered yet. I'm used to doing a factory reset before rooting or flashing a new ROM or ROM version on an Android device. Does this rule apply to my new XT2041-4? If so, how do I do it? Also, is there anyway to get rid of the ugly full screen bootloader unlocked message on boot?

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
I posted a question that wasn't answered yet. I'm used to doing a factory reset before rooting or flashing a new ROM or ROM version on an Android device. Does this rule apply to my new XT2041-4? If so, how do I do it?
It depends on how your flashing. If in twrp the same way as always do your wipes then flash rom. If your doing havoc or rr then you'll use the fastboot -w think of that as your all wipes in one. Via fastboot.

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
It depends on how your flashing. If in twrp the same way as always do your wipes then flash rom. If your doing havoc or rr then you'll use the fastboot -w think of that as your all wipes in one. Via fastboot.
Thank you. So, should I apply the steps in post #109, above? IF so, what about flashing Havoc, Gapps. and Magisk, about which #109 has no commands?
Thanks again

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
Thank you. So, should I apply the steps in post #109, above? IF so, what about flashing Havoc, Gapps. and Magisk, about which #109 has no commands?
Thanks again
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot -w

Copy and paste all that at once! ^^

Boot up the ROM then after you get past the wrong booting once go back into recovery and then flash gaps and magisk.

This will work for havoc.

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
fastboot -w

Copy and paste all that at once! ^^

Boot up the ROM then after you get past the wrong booting once go back into recovery and then flash gaps and magisk.

This will work for havoc.
So, for my edification, does one of these commands flash TWRP; which one?
fastboot -w
After that should I reboot into Recovery mode (Vol Up + Pwr) and use TWRP to flash the Havoc, Gapps, Magisk, and Migrate which I use and highly recommend to backup and reinstall apps en masse?

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
So, for my edification, does one of these commands flash TWRP; which one?
fastboot -w
After that should I reboot into Recovery mode (Vol Up + Pwr) and use TWRP to flash the Havoc, Gapps, Magisk, and Migrate which I use and highly recommend to backup and reinstall apps en masse?
Those steps that I sent you is to install havoc OS and Resurrection remix. So either one of those ROMs that's how you install it is through those commands after you download the ROM and stick the contents of it in your ADB folder. Before or after that you would then use this thread that we're in right here to download TWRP and you would then use these commands here to get that going..

This gets you into twrp
fastboot boot twrp.img

Or to keep twrp

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

The only thing that is flashed through twrp is gapps and magisk. The rom you would use what I sent you before.

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
Those steps that I sent you is to install havoc OS and Resurrection remix. So either one of those ROMs that's how you install it is through those commands after you download the ROM and stick the contents of it in your ADB folder. Before or after that you would then use this thread that we're in right here to download TWRP and you would then use these commands here to get that going..

This gets you into twrp
fastboot boot twrp.img

Or to keep twrp

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

The only thing that is flashed through twrp is gapps and magisk. The rom you would use what I sent you before.
Progress report:

Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.860s]
Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.548s]
Finished. Total time: 2.440s

Resizing 'system_a' FAILED (remote: '')
fastboot: error: Command failed

What did I screw up? Is the partition too small? I did a "start" or reboot to see if the phone would boot the OS natively, but got "Android Recovery" ... "Your data maybe corrupt...." and 2 choices: "Try again" and "Factory data reset" and it says "Support API: 3" at the bottom.

Last edited:

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
Progress report:

Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.860s]
Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.548s]
Finished. Total time: 2.440s

Resizing 'system_a' FAILED (remote: '')
fastboot: error: Command failed

What did I screw up? Is the partition too small?
One of two things. Either you are in fastboot and not fastbootd or your not on the newestadb and fastboot. The key to be in is the new fastbootd. Copy that exact setup and paste it all at once into fastboot.

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
One of two things. Either you are in fastboot and not fastbootd or your not on the newestadb and fastboot. The key to be in is the new fastbootd. Copy that exact setup and paste it all at once into fastboot.
OK. I successfully ran all the following commands with fastbootd loaded on the phone.
fastboot -w
Now what??

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
Reboot system, recovery, or bootloader. Probably system, correct?
reboot the system. Go through the prompts get to the home screen reboot into recovery flash gaps flash and magisk. if you run into any other problem send me a direct message. That way we can keep this thread clean

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
reboot the system. Go through the prompts get to the home screen reboot into recovery flash gaps flash and magisk. if you run into any other problem send me a direct message. That way we can keep this thread clean
Good suggestion. I felt terrible posting all that stuff. You'll probably hear from me again. Thanks for everything. It took a while, but it booted Havoc. Hurray.

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
I have a Moto G Power (2020) XT2041-4 with this version of TWRP installed. I tired to do a Nandroid backup, but received the following error message: "createTarfork() process ended with ERROR: 255." My.questions:
  • I noticed TWRP version.3.4.0.0 also. Did I install the wrong TWRP version?
  • How can I fix the error and make a Nandroid backup?
Thanks