[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.0

Search This thread

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Install guide:

Boot :
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>

Install :
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <twrp.img>

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Moto G Stylus

Contributors
vache
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Version Information
Beta
Beta Release Date: 2020-08-28

Created 2020-08-28
Last Updated 2020-08-28

Last edited:

dirtyscout

Thanks your a freaking God been waiting patiently for this much love...... this boots fine with adb command and flashes fine also. However i couldn't use the screen to type password had to use adb shell to decrypt. either way thanks so much thats great that its working....!!!! the screen isnt working the best but your on the right track im having to do everything thru adb shell but it is working backup and decrypt and formating.

Last edited:

dirtyscout

Just an update after using it for 24hrs the touch seems to be off in some spots like the half way point of the screen is up top of the screen. However everything seems to work thru adb shell. I did have a small lock up which I was able to power off thru buttons to get the device working again. Hasn't happened since.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020
I'm being prompted for a decryption password. I never set a password on the phone, so what might the password be?

I tried default_password but that was incorrect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sep 2, 2020
Format data and that will wipe the encryption look for a verity disabler with encryption disabler and flash that after wiping you'll be good to go... anyone else having the screen issue im getting

I tried formatting but it did nothing.

What do you mean by a "verity disabler"? I don't know what that is.

My screen doesnt function at all other than in recovery, but I can't load another ROM until I manage to decrypt my HD

cbc0201

I'm having the touch screen issues as well. Although twrp still mostly functions and or you can get around the issues

The following are the touch screen issues I've found:

Install = Advanced opens
Backup = Mount opens
Mount = Backup opens
Advanced = Install opens
Back button does not work
Swipe to unlock does not work. ( Reboot twrp is required)

The following seems to work okay:
Wipe ✓
Restore ✓
Settings ✓
Reboot✓
Home button✓
Menu or recent button✓

Reactions: rotorline

jeraspie28

Account currently disabled
Aug 5, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Format data and that will wipe the encryption look for a verity disabler with encryption disabler and flash that after wiping you'll be good to go... anyone else having the screen issue im getting

I have absolutely no touch screen functionality after flashing twrp recovery image. I did manage to get it rooted with Magisk though. Do you think it would still help to Wipe Data and then flash the No-Verity file? TWRP does come in handy quite often.
Thanks.

jeraspie28

Account currently disabled
Aug 5, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I think I found the solution. I haven't tried it yet but certainly looks like it would work.

You need to run the following commands exactly as they are. Including remaining the .img file to recovery.img.

offered By https://unofficialtwrp.COM

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification
flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

I'll let you know if it worked or not!

Reactions: rotorline

dafunk60

Jul 12, 2008
Thanks so much for this! Now that Motorola has locked down their ROM downloads I can boot into TWRP, backup the boot partition, then patch the backup with Magisk to obtain root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Install guide:

Boot :
    Code:
    fastboot boot <twrp.img>

Install :
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <twrp.img>

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Moto G Stylus

Contributors
    vache
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Version Information
    Beta
    Beta Release Date: 2020-08-28

Created 2020-08-28
    Last Updated 2020-08-28
    New TWRP Build :

Updated to TWRP 3.5 sources
    Fix slot switching
    Fix sideload
    Fix touchscreen issues on some devices

everyone that complained abt touch, this img was posted in the g stylus telegram. unzip and try it. works for me (XT2043-4 MetroPCS)
    BTW: anyone with not working touchscreen, you can with booted TWRP:
    Code:
    adb push Magisk-v21.0.zip /
    adb shell twrp install /Magisk-v21.0.zip
    How do i get the bootloader unlocked i tried the command fastboot oem unlock and it doesnt work says it fails everytime and i think its due to the update im on 10 (QPRS30.80-64-6-2)

Check out the Motorola bootloader unlock program.