Development [RECOVERY] [UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.5.1 [20210702]

Search This thread

Jinzuken

Feb 1, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
Does this twrp able to flash fastboot zips like Unofficial of EvoX and ArrowOS?

Does fastbootd works on this twrp too? coz if twrp cant flash someone's rom then fastbootd is the one can do flashing roms

Sorry for asking too much. I would like to wait for someone available than to test to my device because I really need it for my daily use :( thank you!

Last edited:

wwb051221

May 9, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 6
Redmi K30 5G
I have the same question, how should we flash magisk now? I'm old school so for me it was allways the best and fastest way...
提取引导。img后通过magisk文件夹镜像。
使用fastboot flash boot boot.img命令刷入镜像。

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

Extract the guide. After img, it is mirrored through the magisk folder.
Use the fastboot flash boot boot.img command to flash the image.

Last edited by a moderator:

minotavros

Jan 3, 2014
Hi, now I have TWRP-3.5.1-alioth-Nebrassy-2,
Can I flash this twrp with current twrp?

vasishath

Nov 30, 2013
Chandigarh
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
New build uploaded. Download link stays the same.

CHANGES:

* Fix a bug due to which some ROMs failed to flash if currently on a custom ROM.
* Fix "flash current TWRP" failing when decryption failed.
* Fix data wipe not wiping ROM data completely.

Also, it seems if the ROM you are flashing does not support encryption, you can format your data partition after a reboot (as opposed to what I mentioned in the known limitations section earlier.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

FEATURES AND FIXES:
    1. No need to reboot TWRP after flashing ROM, to flash gapps or any other zips. All zips you flash after a ROM will automatically go to the new slot.
    2. No need to flash TWRP everytime after flashing a ROM. TWRP automatically flashes itself after a zip (Controllable via a toggle)
    3. Supports Hentai OS encrypted devices
    4. Supports flashing MIUI zips
    5. Supports Vibration
    6. Supports wiping data without wrecking encryption.

BUGS:

On encrypted devices, if u unmount and remount /data, it will show garbage files in storage. This is because of metadata encryption and to fix it, reboot recovery.

SUPPORTS AND TESTED ON:
    Mi11x (aliothin)

UNSUPPORTED (BUT MAY WORK):
    Poco F3, Redmi K40 (alioth)

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:

Boot into attached boot.img using the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-aliothin.img

Once booted, go to Advanced -> Press "Flash current booted TWRP"

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

The following are some known limitations due to either the design nature of Virtual A/B or a problem with ROM themselves. Please read carefully :-

1. You cannot format data after flashing a ROM zip (Limitation of Virtual A/B). If you want to format, then reboot recovery after flashing ROM. Additionally, if you are encrypted, the newly flashed ROM must be able to decrypt your device. If not, then you have to format data before flashing the ROM It appears, you can actually format data after reboot even if the new ROM cannot decrypt.
    2. You can flash only one ROM in one boot. If you wanna flash another ROM, you must boot to system once. This is again a limitation of Virtual A/B.
    3. Once you have rebooted after flashing a ROM, you cannot write to the data partition until you boot successfully to the new ROM. Android seals the data partition after a ROM flash to prevent any accidental brick since the newly flashed ROM is actually stored in /data. Only data format is allowed in this case. Once you successfully boot to the new ROM, your storage becomes ready for writing again.
    4. Ideally, after flashing a new ROM, you should only need to wipe your data rather than format. But, due to a problem in the device trees current ROMs are using, you will have to format data if you are currently on miui and want to switch to a custom ROM. Specifically, the roms need this commit and to set vendor security patch level to fix this issue. Switching between custom ROMs should not need format, except for hentai OS.
    5. If you are currently on hentai OS, then before using TWRP, you must flash vendor_boot from the link provided in every hentai OS release. Otherwise, you will get black screen. This is only needed when you boot to TWRP for the first time. Do not repeat this step again. Also, do not try this with beta version of the ROM. Use it only with stable.
    6. If you reboot to older slot after flashing new ROM, the new ROM will be cancelled and you will have to reflash again. This is because of how Virtual A/B works.
    7. If you must flash magisk via recovery (it's not recommended now), please uncheck "Inject TWRP after install" else TWRP will remove magisk.
    8. Do not flash magisk after flashing a ROM before reboot. Magisk's zip detects slot in a different way that will cause issues.
    9. Backuptool (used to persist magisk and gapps across ROM updates) will also not work in recovery due to A/B. You will have to flash gapps (or any other zips) everytime after flashing a ROM.

CREDITS:

@Nebrassy for original TWRP and device tree. I also repurposed some of his commits from gerrit.

SOURCE CODE:

Kernel (Prebuilt)
    : https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_alioth

DOWNLOADS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oY5WxfXYPRLumCcaPPFGuq9OhtB3CM_X/view?usp=sharing

MD5:- 0909f61c83ce9876843dabba5bf1247e

TELEGRAM GROUP LINKS:

https://t.me/PocoF3GlobalOfficial
    https://t.me/pocoF3GlobalUpdates
    New build uploaded. Download link stays the same.

CHANGES:

* Fix a bug due to which some ROMs failed to flash if currently on a custom ROM.
    * Fix "flash current TWRP" failing when decryption failed.
    * Fix data wipe not wiping ROM data completely.

Also, it seems if the ROM you are flashing does not support encryption, you can format your data partition after a reboot (as opposed to what I mentioned in the known limitations section earlier.)
    New update released.

CHANGE:-

* Fix a bug in data wipe with password/pattern set
    New build uploaded.

CHANGES:-

* Fixed TWRP auto flash error after flashing ROM. (It was due to magisk)
    * Fixed fastbootd commands returning "command not allowed on locked device"

Limitations have been updated to mention an issue with flashing magisk and backuptool after ROM flash :-

Do not flash magisk after flashing a ROM before reboot. Magisk's zip detects slot in a different way that will cause issues.

Backuptool (used to persist magisk and gapps across ROM updates) will also not work in recovery due to A/B. You will have to flash gapps (or any other zips) everytime after flashing a ROM.