• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [RECOVERY] [UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.5.1 [20210702]

Search This thread

MnMchill

May 3, 2016
@vasishath can you please take a look at this issue some users have? Is failing to mount ODM partition when formatting data problem of this TWRP or Evolution X ROM? Thank you in advance.

NE0HP

Mar 19, 2015
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
@vasishath can you please take a look at this issue some users have? Is failing to mount ODM partition when formatting data problem of this TWRP or Evolution X ROM? Thank you in advance.
I assume, you should have checked inject twrp before swipe to flash rom. Other thing is, when you're coming from stock miui then just boot twrp first and go to Advanced -> Press "Flash current booted TWRP" and then proceed for rom flash and don't forget to check inject twrp as mentioned above before swipe to flash rom. Reboot to recovery and flash magisk(if you rely on root, though it's optional and ignore this step if you don't want) and uncheck twrp inject. Reboot to recovery and format data. Reboot to system and that will be all..

stavrosbin

Mar 14, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
I wanted to report a bug (if it's even a bug). Even if my phone is recognised in the TWRP main menu as an adb device, it won't let me sideload the .zip I wanted from the ADB Sideload option. Any thoughts?

PS. It is saying something along the lines of "failed: no devices found". It's not a specific error.

Last edited:

Hucast_DL

Oct 8, 2015
Hi, MTP is still broken?.... And if I'm on Nebrassy TWRP can I install this one directly from there?

Jinzuken

Feb 1, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi, MTP is still broken?.... And if I'm on Nebrassy TWRP can I install this one directly from there?
MTP from the previous version is working, can send and pull some data in my poco f3. I have no idea on the latest one if MTP still intact, might others will reply to your post.

Make sure to read carefully the limitations of A/B slot while using this TWRP so that you'll have no problems of using it

Angyone1

Sep 6, 2018
Brescia
New update released.

CHANGE:-

* Fix a bug in data wipe with password/pattern set
hello and thanks for the hard job. I downloaded the twrp from first post but md5 hash are not the same... my hash:
CRC32: 76478370
MD5: 2B5C7BFC7B95863C931F504F5C89099A
SHA-1: DAD0964B8FEC0FE8FE7367B1C2EDE4D85A864C25
is it right? this is the latest version?

in first post you have put this md5 hash:
MD5:- 0909f61c83ce9876843dabba5bf1247e

so what version is it the right and last ?
thanks !

Angyone1

Sep 6, 2018
Brescia
I assume, you should have checked inject twrp before swipe to flash rom. Other thing is, when you're coming from stock miui then just boot twrp first and go to Advanced -> Press "Flash current booted TWRP" and then proceed for rom flash and don't forget to check inject twrp as mentioned above before swipe to flash rom. Reboot to recovery and flash magisk(if you rely on root, though it's optional and ignore this step if you don't want) and uncheck twrp inject. Reboot to recovery and format data. Reboot to system and that will be all..
sorry but i'm noob... where is the option inject ??? in advanced I see only install recovery ramdisk or flash current twrp...

Last edited:

ebrot

Jun 13, 2015
Somehow I can't flash TWRP. After installation I can only boot into fastboot, not recovery. I assume it has something to do with the red text in the attached image, but I can't really find any useful information on that.
Does anyone know what's going on here?

Attachments

• twrp.jpg
    twrp.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 113

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Somehow I can't flash TWRP. After installation I can only boot into fastboot, not recovery. I assume it has something to do with the red text in the attached image, but I can't really find any useful information on that.
Does anyone know what's going on here?
How are you flashing the recovery? Procedure?

Jinzuken

Feb 1, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
I would like to use a twrp Backup to test a few different custom roms. What partitions do I have to backup ?

thanks

You can backup and restore multiple times IF you're not going to perform a format data.

If you do backup -> format data -> restore, your files are gone because of the limitation of A/B.

Why?

Because decryption keys wont work on a new partition/formatted data.

• Sad
Reactions: raz123
I'm getting this fail after updating twrp from NB to this one, nothing else more done. And yes the ODM mount fail, I'm on .eu ROM.

Attachments

• IMG_20210723_201831.jpg
    IMG_20210723_201831.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 78

whao123yahoo

Aug 10, 2016
thanks a lot.And I think it's better to give another download link for some Chinese as you know that we can't reach google.com.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm having the same problem on windows 10. It does get detected in miflash and adb fastboot though. This phone makes me extremely nervous and I have tons of experience with everything I have even made custom roms but nothing works right. I don't know how if possible to make a twrp backup to restore it. I thought it wasn't but I get conflicting reports. So twrp basically can flash zips and that's it so it should be said on opening page no backs ups or restore.

I fixed mine by rebooting with driver enforcement disabled.. Then update driver.. have disk.. .pointing to the xaiomi drivers previously installed (wouldnt detect drivers on disk no matter what tried)..

And yes.. Its an odd phone it a few ways.
    Yeah will be more clear.. My problems were 2 fold.. Firstly the ADB driver was accepted fine but the fastbook driver wasnt getting past this

First time round simple reboot into that mode was good.. and I managed to flash everything for the first time..

But something got futzed with my FB driver since I did that and to flash again later it simply wasnt having it.. If you looked at device manager in win you could see a warning on the device / driver pairing.

It 'should' have been a simple (remove device) update driver and point it to the driver files on the hard disk. But again despite finding 3 different fastboot drivers for this phone, and having it previously working.. None would work.

What I had to do was (while booted into no driver enforcement mode) update driver, browse for drivers on this machine, let me pick from drivers on this device.. Or similar wording.. In there I could choose google or Xaiomi options likely because I had it working before. I picked the Xaiomi and then it worked while in that boot mode and now appears to work even in normal boot mode, which logically it shouldnt if the driver fails the boot enforcement but I dont know.

Hope that helps.
    Hi.. just read on XDA: TWRP 3.6.0 is out:

TWRP 3.6.0 released with support for devices that launched with Android 11​

Yeah, and we have official support now, Nebrassy's TWRP has received the go ahead
    home.png
    backupname.png

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

FEATURES AND FIXES:
    1. No need to reboot TWRP after flashing ROM, to flash gapps or any other zips. All zips you flash after a ROM will automatically go to the new slot.
    2. No need to flash TWRP everytime after flashing a ROM. TWRP automatically flashes itself after a zip (Controllable via a toggle)
    3. Supports Hentai OS encrypted devices
    4. Supports flashing MIUI zips
    5. Supports Vibration
    6. Supports wiping data without wrecking encryption.

BUGS:

On encrypted devices, if u unmount and remount /data, it will show garbage files in storage. This is because of metadata encryption and to fix it, reboot recovery.

SUPPORTS AND TESTED ON:
    Mi11x (aliothin)

UNSUPPORTED (BUT MAY WORK):
    Poco F3, Redmi K40 (alioth)

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:

Boot into attached boot.img using the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-aliothin.img

Once booted, go to Advanced -> Press "Flash current booted TWRP"

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

The following are some known limitations due to either the design nature of Virtual A/B or a problem with ROM themselves. Please read carefully :-

1. You cannot format data after flashing a ROM zip (Limitation of Virtual A/B). If you want to format, then reboot recovery after flashing ROM. Additionally, if you are encrypted, the newly flashed ROM must be able to decrypt your device. If not, then you have to format data before flashing the ROM It appears, you can actually format data after reboot even if the new ROM cannot decrypt.
    2. You can flash only one ROM in one boot. If you wanna flash another ROM, you must boot to system once. This is again a limitation of Virtual A/B.
    3. Once you have rebooted after flashing a ROM, you cannot write to the data partition until you boot successfully to the new ROM. Android seals the data partition after a ROM flash to prevent any accidental brick since the newly flashed ROM is actually stored in /data. Only data format is allowed in this case. Once you successfully boot to the new ROM, your storage becomes ready for writing again.
    4. Ideally, after flashing a new ROM, you should only need to wipe your data rather than format. But, due to a problem in the device trees current ROMs are using, you will have to format data if you are currently on miui and want to switch to a custom ROM. Specifically, the roms need this commit and to set vendor security patch level to fix this issue. Switching between custom ROMs should not need format, except for hentai OS.
    5. If you are currently on hentai OS, then before using TWRP, you must flash vendor_boot from the link provided in every hentai OS release. Otherwise, you will get black screen. This is only needed when you boot to TWRP for the first time. Do not repeat this step again. Also, do not try this with beta version of the ROM. Use it only with stable.
    6. If you reboot to older slot after flashing new ROM, the new ROM will be cancelled and you will have to reflash again. This is because of how Virtual A/B works.
    7. If you must flash magisk via recovery (it's not recommended now), please uncheck "Inject TWRP after install" else TWRP will remove magisk.
    8. Do not flash magisk after flashing a ROM before reboot. Magisk's zip detects slot in a different way that will cause issues.
    9. Backuptool (used to persist magisk and gapps across ROM updates) will also not work in recovery due to A/B. You will have to flash gapps (or any other zips) everytime after flashing a ROM.

CREDITS:

@Nebrassy for original TWRP and device tree. I also repurposed some of his commits from gerrit.

SOURCE CODE:

Kernel (Prebuilt)
    : https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_alioth

DOWNLOADS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oY5WxfXYPRLumCcaPPFGuq9OhtB3CM_X/view?usp=sharing

MD5:- 0909f61c83ce9876843dabba5bf1247e

TELEGRAM GROUP LINKS:

https://t.me/PocoF3GlobalOfficial
    https://t.me/pocoF3GlobalUpdates
    New build uploaded. Download link stays the same.

CHANGES:

* Fix a bug due to which some ROMs failed to flash if currently on a custom ROM.
    * Fix "flash current TWRP" failing when decryption failed.
    * Fix data wipe not wiping ROM data completely.

Also, it seems if the ROM you are flashing does not support encryption, you can format your data partition after a reboot (as opposed to what I mentioned in the known limitations section earlier.)
    New update released.

CHANGE:-

* Fix a bug in data wipe with password/pattern set
    New build uploaded.

CHANGES:-

* Fixed TWRP auto flash error after flashing ROM. (It was due to magisk)
    * Fixed fastbootd commands returning "command not allowed on locked device"

Limitations have been updated to mention an issue with flashing magisk and backuptool after ROM flash :-

Do not flash magisk after flashing a ROM before reboot. Magisk's zip detects slot in a different way that will cause issues.

Backuptool (used to persist magisk and gapps across ROM updates) will also not work in recovery due to A/B. You will have to flash gapps (or any other zips) everytime after flashing a ROM.
    Found a way to keep both TWRP & Magisk:
    1. Flash rom with inject twrp toggled
    2. Reboot to twrp
    3. Flash magisk without inject twrp.
    4. Reboot to system