Development [RECOVERY] [UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.5.1 [20210702]

Search This thread

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
OnePlus 8
You can just initiate the bootloader unlock because it takes 7 days as you may or may not know. Firmware first need to be updated but you can if you like it has no bearing on bootloader unlocking

Reactions: Techguy777

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
You can just initiate the bootloader unlock because it takes 7 days as you may or may not know. Firmware first need to be updated but you can if you like it has no bearing on bootloader unlocking
Awesome I appreciate it. What firmware is the best to be on for flashing custom roms? I definitely plan on flashing custom roms. Also Lsposed, and other magisk modules. What firmware are you on?

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
OnePlus 8
just make sure your latest rom is flashed before installing a custom rom then follow the custom roms instructions which usually require your latest stock rom to be flashed.

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
just make sure your latest rom is flashed before installing a custom rom then follow the custom roms instructions which usually require your latest stock rom to be flashed.
I know it's usually common sense but it's really not. With Samsung Ive updated my firmware and bootloader to a firmware that I couldn't use the permissive kernel and regretted it. So even though it's mostly the same with everything there are times when it's not and before I update to a version I can rollback I want to know.

I'm coming from the S10 lite which I love but this has the 120hz display, SD870 and dual speakers. I'm giving the s10 lite to my dad because his S7 just went dead.

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
OnePlus 8
You will not need to roll back but in miui if need be it is possible I used to have a Samsung s8 and they are quite complicated which is not the case with miui. Once you get the phone just follow the guides it will be straight forward.

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012

@vasishath TWRP working great on Mi 11x for the most part, so thanks for your work!​

There are few misses that you can improve in the future builds.

- It's missing Busybox so commands like fstrim doesn't work through terminal.
- I made system r/w using attached zip from 4pda forum, and I can edit system partition when phone is booted but for some reason TWRP still doesn't allow modification directly through recovery even though partition is r/w. May be you can take a closer look.

PS: I believe our super partition (system, vendor, system_ext) is only "soft read-only" so, attached zip allows turning it off, without rebuilding entire super partition.

{Mod edit: Link and attachment removed! Please refer to here.}

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoMad

Nov 9, 2018
can somebody enlighten me, I can't flash DotOS 5.2 with the latest TWRP

Flashing A/B ZIP to inactive slot: A
Error applying update: 1 (ErrorCode: kError)
updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file...............

same error with slot B, currently running on crDriod not rooted. Should I flash stock firmware?

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
OnePlus 8
I appreciate you helping me, one last thing. Which rom would you recommend I've heard EU rom, crdroid and arrow are the most talked about. I'm currently on miui global 12.5.6.
I've been on all of them and currently im on crdroid seems to be working very well. I'll probably change again soon due to being a flashaholic but I'm finding cr droid working well.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@sam00561

I've deleted the post you made a week ago. As an exemption from the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules, we grant only developers the privilege to share references to their social media in their own development threads. These conditions obviously don't apply to your post or you in this thread but only to its OP. Please refrain from sharing of social media in future. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
I had stable EU rom installed and I updated it by rebooting into twrp flashing the zip and just wiping cache. After reboot the rom loaded perfectly but I was no longer rooted. SO I rebooted back into twrp which I noticed was changed to twrp 3.5.1 so I went into advanced and installed recovery ramdisk twrp img of 3.5.2 and than flashed magisk. When I tried rebooting it said no OS is installed reboot anyway. So I tried it and rom rebooted fine. Now every time I'm trying to reboot to system from twrp it says no OS installed. What do I do?

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
OnePlus 8
I had stable EU rom installed and I updated it by rebooting into twrp flashing the zip and just wiping cache. After reboot the rom loaded perfectly but I was no longer rooted. SO I rebooted back into twrp which I noticed was changed to twrp 3.5.1 so I went into advanced and installed recovery ramdisk twrp img of 3.5.2 and than flashed magisk. When I tried rebooting it said no OS is installed reboot anyway. So I tried it and rom rebooted fine. Now every time I'm trying to reboot to system from twrp it says no OS installed. What do I do?
It always says no os installed in twrp on the twrp
For this phone but usually boots so no problem.

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3
It always says no os installed in twrp on the twrp
For this phone but usually boots so no problem.
That's weird I just got the phone about 2 weeks ago and I have had it rooted for a week. When I installed twrp after booting with fastboot I never had no OS installed. I'm glad you responded quickly though that takes a load off my mind. I didn't know what else to do because I flashed twrp again and it still said it. I would have had to flash stock and flash back to EU. Which EU rom is proving to be the best so far I just wish it had reboot to recovery power menu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

FEATURES AND FIXES:
    1. No need to reboot TWRP after flashing ROM, to flash gapps or any other zips. All zips you flash after a ROM will automatically go to the new slot.
    2. No need to flash TWRP everytime after flashing a ROM. TWRP automatically flashes itself after a zip (Controllable via a toggle)
    3. Supports Hentai OS encrypted devices
    4. Supports flashing MIUI zips
    5. Supports Vibration
    6. Supports wiping data without wrecking encryption.

BUGS:

On encrypted devices, if u unmount and remount /data, it will show garbage files in storage. This is because of metadata encryption and to fix it, reboot recovery.

SUPPORTS AND TESTED ON:
    Mi11x (aliothin)

UNSUPPORTED (BUT MAY WORK):
    Poco F3, Redmi K40 (alioth)

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:

Boot into attached boot.img using the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-aliothin.img

Once booted, go to Advanced -> Press "Flash current booted TWRP"

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

The following are some known limitations due to either the design nature of Virtual A/B or a problem with ROM themselves. Please read carefully :-

1. You cannot format data after flashing a ROM zip (Limitation of Virtual A/B). If you want to format, then reboot recovery after flashing ROM. Additionally, if you are encrypted, the newly flashed ROM must be able to decrypt your device. If not, then you have to format data before flashing the ROM It appears, you can actually format data after reboot even if the new ROM cannot decrypt.
    2. You can flash only one ROM in one boot. If you wanna flash another ROM, you must boot to system once. This is again a limitation of Virtual A/B.
    3. Once you have rebooted after flashing a ROM, you cannot write to the data partition until you boot successfully to the new ROM. Android seals the data partition after a ROM flash to prevent any accidental brick since the newly flashed ROM is actually stored in /data. Only data format is allowed in this case. Once you successfully boot to the new ROM, your storage becomes ready for writing again.
    4. Ideally, after flashing a new ROM, you should only need to wipe your data rather than format. But, due to a problem in the device trees current ROMs are using, you will have to format data if you are currently on miui and want to switch to a custom ROM. Specifically, the roms need this commit and to set vendor security patch level to fix this issue. Switching between custom ROMs should not need format, except for hentai OS.
    5. If you are currently on hentai OS, then before using TWRP, you must flash vendor_boot from the link provided in every hentai OS release. Otherwise, you will get black screen. This is only needed when you boot to TWRP for the first time. Do not repeat this step again. Also, do not try this with beta version of the ROM. Use it only with stable.
    6. If you reboot to older slot after flashing new ROM, the new ROM will be cancelled and you will have to reflash again. This is because of how Virtual A/B works.
    7. If you must flash magisk via recovery (it's not recommended now), please uncheck "Inject TWRP after install" else TWRP will remove magisk.
    8. Do not flash magisk after flashing a ROM before reboot. Magisk's zip detects slot in a different way that will cause issues.
    9. Backuptool (used to persist magisk and gapps across ROM updates) will also not work in recovery due to A/B. You will have to flash gapps (or any other zips) everytime after flashing a ROM.

CREDITS:

@Nebrassy for original TWRP and device tree. I also repurposed some of his commits from gerrit.

SOURCE CODE:

Kernel (Prebuilt)
    : https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_alioth

DOWNLOADS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oY5WxfXYPRLumCcaPPFGuq9OhtB3CM_X/view?usp=sharing

MD5:- 0909f61c83ce9876843dabba5bf1247e

TELEGRAM GROUP LINKS:

https://t.me/PocoF3GlobalOfficial
    https://t.me/pocoF3GlobalUpdates
    New build uploaded. Download link stays the same.

CHANGES:

* Fix a bug due to which some ROMs failed to flash if currently on a custom ROM.
    * Fix "flash current TWRP" failing when decryption failed.
    * Fix data wipe not wiping ROM data completely.

Also, it seems if the ROM you are flashing does not support encryption, you can format your data partition after a reboot (as opposed to what I mentioned in the known limitations section earlier.)
    New update released.

CHANGE:-

* Fix a bug in data wipe with password/pattern set
    New build uploaded.

CHANGES:-

* Fixed TWRP auto flash error after flashing ROM. (It was due to magisk)
    * Fixed fastbootd commands returning "command not allowed on locked device"

Limitations have been updated to mention an issue with flashing magisk and backuptool after ROM flash :-

Do not flash magisk after flashing a ROM before reboot. Magisk's zip detects slot in a different way that will cause issues.

Backuptool (used to persist magisk and gapps across ROM updates) will also not work in recovery due to A/B. You will have to flash gapps (or any other zips) everytime after flashing a ROM.