• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.2-11_0 for Denver/Osaka

Search This thread

Electimon

Recognized Developer
How is the ROM development coming..no rush just curious. And has anybody tried putting a custom boot animation/logo I ended up having to 911 my phone after flashing a file thru twrp
Preparing for release by the end of the month.

Attachments

• IMG_2021-11-24-15-01-05-724.jpg
    IMG_2021-11-24-15-01-05-724.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
How is the ROM development coming..no rush just curious. And has anybody tried putting a custom boot animation/logo I ended up having to 911 my phone after flashing a file thru twrp
Yes changing boot animation is easy...
install your boot animation .zip file to
/system/product/carrier/tmo/media
Keep in mind your carrier folder will be present so if your on cricket or spectrum etc...then place your boot animation . zip inside your carrier/media folder...
I uploaded one i use its the pixel Google boot animation attached below..
just unzip and place in the correct folder..
enjoy...

Attachments

• Pixel2Boot-DARK-1080p.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20211126-105611.png
    Screenshot_20211126-105611.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20211126-110126.png
    Screenshot_20211126-110126.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 29
Apr 8, 2018
I flashed the android 12 GSI this morning, no issues so far. It was rooted via magisk, going to attempt rooting it on the Android 12 GSI via magisk in a bit. I'm trying to learn developer stuff just for fun. Can I get the recovery download? I won't cry about slot switching, I promise!

Electimon

Recognized Developer
I flashed the android 12 GSI this morning, no issues so far. It was rooted via magisk, going to attempt rooting it on the Android 12 GSI via magisk in a bit. I'm trying to learn developer stuff just for fun. Can I get the recovery download? I won't cry about slot switching, I promise!
If your partitions in slot b arent filled then you will brick by switching slots. Use at your own risk, ill PM you the link.

Apr 8, 2018
If your partitions in slot b arent filled then you will brick by switching slots. Use at your own risk, ill PM you the link.
If I brick my device, the local drug addicts will sell me another one cheap lol. I check the imeid and serial numbers to make sure they are not stolen, and then buy 300$+ devices for 50$ :)

Update, I discovered the storage glitch issue when in tried to download the recovery. Gotta wait till I get home to my PC to download.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electimon

Cbayer86

Nov 24, 2021
Moto G Stylus 5G
Yes changing boot animation is easy...
install your boot animation .zip file to
/system/product/carrier/tmo/media
Keep in mind your carrier folder will be present so if your on cricket or spectrum etc...then place your boot animation . zip inside your carrier/media folder...
I uploaded one i use its the pixel Google boot animation attached below..
just unzip and place in the correct folder..
enjoy...
This does not work.. system files are read only. Is there a way around this?

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
This does not work.. system files are read only. Is there a way around this?
It does work if you have r/w access.
I do. There is a script to gain r/w access called "superpack"..
If you don't want r/w access there is a magisk module that can change it but only with specified boot animations.

That's why we want our own boot animations.,
Gain RW access like we do...

rcll

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks for working on this device!

Is it possible to flash TWRP on the Cricket carrier version of Denver?

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
hey o.p I p.m you.
I really need that twrp.img to root android gsi 12..

this one I found is pretty stable just need to poke around with root...

thanks..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-033730.png
    Screenshot_20211221-033730.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20211221-033705.png
    Screenshot_20211221-033705.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Electimon

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
hey o.p I p.m you.
I really need that twrp.img to root android gsi 12..

this one I found is pretty stable just need to poke around with root...

thanks..
Twrp boots but unable to flash anything.
adb sideload simi worked ..but error 2 is what I get unable to Mount data etc....all in red...
any feedback... tried to patch the boot via magisk but it won't boot only the stock boots...

Is it because its made for android 11?
how did u root your 12 ROM?

thanks again for your help...

*EDIT*

**IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT**
**NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE**

DO NOT try to flash twrp if you are already using magisk modules in zygisk. It WILL bootloop your device to twrp until fresh flash of stock rom.
DO NOT switch to slot_b/_a without first running copy ab partitions zip file and have a MPboot.img ready to flash to the ramdisk part. of your kernel.

*END EDIT*

so far i have tested the recovery on yet another stylus 5g. (yea i know im addicted) I modified the fstab by handworking the properties into it with aik. im at a loss for a linux distro. soon though. (dont kill meh...XD

*IN order for you to get data enabled in the recovery you MUST have your security enabled as a PIN number in Android. ONLY the pin number setting will work so far i have found. This will decrypt your data if you put everything togethter right*

Firstly i booted to recovery from fastboot by fastboot boot boot.img and flashed the boot.img from the advanced tab with option flash/patch to ramdisk. seemings as you cannot get stuff working right unless you flash it and reboot to twrp to notice that the touch screen fails. all will be well
reboot bootloader and press the power key on start.
the next step is just follow your magisk boot.img patching process. And also the flashing process as afore mentioned.
boot-flash_to_ramdisk-reboot_bootloader-boot recovery-reboot(hard keys)_to system.
From here you need some kind of boot img flasher and rebooteing app. I use Franco Kernel manager
go to the flashing tab in your app and flash patched twrp boot.img then reboot to follow
mount everything and immediately do a backup

*if sd card troubles flash the ext sdcard fix zip. Google it. Then change partition type to f2fs and resize the partition. Finally factory wipe the sdcard. should be Profit from there*

BAckUP takes a while at the moent but nonetheless. Also i have USB otg listed 2times in the recovery somehow/somewhere. unsure why or how. ill post recovery logs in a little while.

As for now here is the fstab file for which i have the best definitions so far afaik.

*EDIT*
changed a factor in the fstab so i figured i would put it here as well. recoveryfstab-edit1.zip.

Attachments

• recoveryfstab.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 3
  • recoveryfstab-edit1.zip
    4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
so far i have tested the recovery on yet another stylus 5g. (yea i know im addicted) I modified the fstab by handworking the properties into it with aik. im at a loss for a linux distro. soon though. (dont kill meh...XD

*IN order for you to get data enabled in the recovery you MUST have your security enabled as a PIN number in Android. ONLY the pin number setting will work so far i have found. This will decrypt your data if you put everything togethter right*

Firstly i booted to recovery from fastboot by fastboot boot boot.img and flashed the boot.img from the advanced tab with option flash/patch to ramdisk. seemings as you cannot get stuff working right unless you flash it and reboot to twrp to notice that the touch screen fails. all will be well
the next step is just follow your magisk boot.img patching process. And also the flashing process as afore mentioned.
boot-flash_to_ramdisk-reboot_bootloader-boot recovery-reboot(hard keys)_to system.
From here you need some kind of boot img flasher and rebooteing app. I use Franco Kernel manager
go to the flashing tab in your app and flash patched twrp boot.img then reboot to follow

*if sd card troubles flash the ext sdcard fix zip. Google it. Then change partition type to f2fs and resize the partition. Finally factory wipe the sdcard. should be Profit from there*

BAckUP takes a while at the moent but nonetheless. Also i have USB otglisted 2times in the recovery somehow/somewhere. unsure why or how. ill post recovery logs in a little while.

As for now here is the fstab file for which i have the best definitions so far afaik.
Good information.
My problem is I can flash any boot.img via fastboot, issue is android 12 refuses to boot a modified magisk boot.img..
I've tried all methods here and googled elsewhere.
Alpha magisk canary magisk etc..
Vbmeta disable verity doesn't work either.
Thanks again for your info it is very helpful.

This android 12 pixel rom has just about everything working for a daily driver

I'm trying to fix that calls work only on 2g .
Calls are clear and the other party can hear just fine.. there's a volte fix but I need root ..
This rom has micro g preinstalled with signature spoof..
I'm so tired of trying to root it I need a solid guide..
Anyone please chime in....

Last edited:

ShayBox

Jul 4, 2015
shaybox.com
Moto G Stylus 5G
Good information.
My problem is I can flash any boot.img via fastboot, issue is android 12 refuses to boot a modified magisk boot.img..
I've tried all methods here and googled elsewhere.
Alpha magisk canary magisk etc..
Vbmeta disable verity doesn't work either.
Thanks again for your info it is very helpful.

This android 12 pixel rom has just about everything working for a daily driver

I'm trying to fix that calls work only on 2g .
Calls are clear and the other party can hear just fine.. there's a volte fix but I need root ..
This rom has micro g preinstalled with signature spoof..
I'm so tired of trying to root it I need a solid guide..
Anyone please chime in....
Right now the best guide is just stick to stock and root, using gsi 12 has issues, wait for twrp and roms to come out of testing

jhjhjhjhjhjh

Mar 14, 2017
Right now the best guide is just stick to stock and root, using gsi 12 has issues, wait for twrp and roms to come out of testing
True but this gsi 12 rom i found is stable...
working...
data 5g too
in call sounds, mic
camera video photos
fingerprint scanner
gps
Bluetooth
wifi
volume controls
headphone jack
flashlight
youtube
bonus
micgro g preinstalled
spoof signature enabled
twist to open camera gesture
system ui turner preinstalled

not working
cant make calls or text unless on 2g
(only)

so i can fix the volte issue with root and r/w access

theres a superuser app preinstalled but i cant update it to get temp root...

i dont wanna give up on a solid 12 rom...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-141221.png
    Screenshot_20211221-141221.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20211221-141127.png
    Screenshot_20211221-141127.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20211221-141737.png
    Screenshot_20211221-141737.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20211221-142142.png
    Screenshot_20211221-142142.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20211221-145340.png
    Screenshot_20211221-145340.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
True but this gsi 12 rom i found is stable...
working...
data 5g too
in call sounds, mic
camera video photos
fingerprint scanner
gps
Bluetooth
wifi
volume controls
flashlight
youtube
bonus
micgro g preinstalled
spoof signature enabled
twist to open camera gesture
system ui turner preinstalled

not working
cant make calls or text unless on 2g
(only)

so i can fix the volte issue with root and r/w access

theres a superuser app preinstalled but i cant update it to get temp root...

i dont wanna give up on a solid 12 rom...

I know this may sound sophomoronic but when installing the gsi did you make the flags

ex.

fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification system/product/vendor/etc.

sorry i just had to ask

also check out the repository from @Electimon that includes the repo for codeaurora which is the necessary files to get you on your way to having a great daily driver if you think of it.

btw where did you find your android 12 gsi?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=w300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Instructions
    • fastboot boot RECOVERY.img
    Downloads
    REMOVED because people can't listen

Contributors
    @Electimon

Version Information
    SourceCode: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Status: Beta - Slot Switching and modules don't work when flashed.
    Release Date: November 12 2021

Last Updated: Nov-12-2021

Please for the love of all thats holy, don't switch slots using this recovery and if you do make sure your slot b partitions are filled.
    Where the roms had enough of this stock B's lol
    Been pushed to early Christmas, I have midterms todo.
    Just picked this phone up on the cheap and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the development scene grow!
    Don't worry, 2 roms are on the way, I hope you guys like Android 12 :)
    Preparing for release by the end of the month.
    *EDIT*

**IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT**
    **NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE**

DO NOT try to flash twrp if you are already using magisk modules in zygisk. It WILL bootloop your device to twrp until fresh flash of stock rom.
    DO NOT switch to slot_b/_a without first running copy ab partitions zip file and have a MPboot.img ready to flash to the ramdisk part. of your kernel.

*END EDIT*

BAckUP takes a while at the moent but nonetheless. Also i have USB otg listed 2times in the recovery somehow/somewhere. unsure why or how. ill post recovery logs in a little while.

*EDIT*
    changed a factor in the fstab so i figured i would put it here as well. recoveryfstab-edit1.zip.