Search This thread

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com

vlrgamaley

Jan 29, 2014
Novosibirsk
New build posted for T510XXU5CUF4. Note that the bootloader in this OEM firmware release has rollback prevention, so you might want to give some thought first before upgrading.

Downloads:
Build archives:

Change Log:
v3.5.2_9-0:
  • Updated to T510XXU5CUF4 posted kernel source.

Install that release for my stock (unroot + no TWRP before) Android 11 (XXU5CFU4), works good, thx for your work)

Reactions: Magendanz

vlrgamaley

Jan 29, 2014
Novosibirsk
New build posted for T510XXU5CUF4. Note that the bootloader in this OEM firmware release has rollback prevention, so you might want to give some thought first before upgrading.

Downloads:
Build archives:

Change Log:
v3.5.2_9-0:
But I have one simple question: how to root my device? What file I needed to patch? I don`t understand that after reading @ianmacd topic, which you refer to in the beginning of our theme.

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
But I have one simple question: how to root my device? What file I needed to patch? I don`t understand that after reading @ianmacd topic, which you refer to in the beginning of our theme.
I believe you need to need to have Magisk Manager patch the recovery partition on this device, which can be a custom recovery like TWRP. I haven't tested this personally, but you can probably just point it to the .img file downloaded here and then flash the patched recovery image right in TWRP. (I tend to run custom ROMs that have built-in dynamic root, so this isn't part of my normal smoke testing.)

vlrgamaley

Jan 29, 2014
Novosibirsk
I believe you need to need to have Magisk Manager patch the recovery partition on this device, which can be a custom recovery like TWRP. I haven't tested this personally, but you can probably just point it to the .img file downloaded here and then flash the patched recovery image right in TWRP. (I tend to run custom ROMs that have built-in dynamic root, so this isn't part of my normal smoke testing.)
if i understand you, i need to doing these steps:
1) patch your last twrp img through magisk manager app
2) boot into twrp
3) reinstall modified (patched) twrp
4) (?) install multidisabler (???)

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
if i understand you, i need to doing these steps:
1) patch your last twrp img through magisk manager app
2) boot into twrp
3) reinstall modified (patched) twrp
4) (?) install multidisabler (???)
You should install multidisabler first so that it disables boot security features and VaultKeeper. (If you don't want to reformat the data partition, there are versions that will allow you to keep encrypt.) Then yes, it's just a matter of patching the TWRP .img file in Magisk Manager and then flashing that patched .img in TWRP -> Install -> Install Image -> Recovery. There's then a special boot sequence you need to load Magisk vs. enter TWRP, but I forget now what the key sequence is.

vlrgamaley

Jan 29, 2014
Novosibirsk
You should install multidisabler first so that it disables boot security features and VaultKeeper. (If you don't want to reformat the data partition, there are versions that will allow you to keep encrypt.) Then yes, it's just a matter of patching the TWRP .img file in Magisk Manager and then flashing that patched .img in TWRP -> Install -> Install Image -> Recovery. There's then a special boot sequence you need to load Magisk vs. enter TWRP, but I forget now what the key sequence is.
I need to format data after multidisabler installing?

install magisk zip (v21.4) without all preparations through twrp and it works good, root checker shows full rights)

upd: after 3 hours of work stopped to load the system (bootloop), only twrp works wtf... restore from backup, but that was been very strange...

i try your way:
1) patch recovery img through magisk app
2) boot to twrp
3) install multidisabler and modified twrp
in the result: no root + no twrp) lol) install recovery again from odin....why is get root permissions at stock is so hard???!!!:rolleyes::cry:

Last edited:

vlrgamaley

Jan 29, 2014
Novosibirsk
I thought that you need to patch the boot partition (boot.img) from the ROM.
thx for advice, thinking about it later, but i really dissapointed about that :poop:which Samsung used to obstruct getting root permissions...

pls, give me the steps which you offer to solve that problem, because i tired and my mind doesn`t create good thoughts)

Last edited:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I thought it was the AP module that needed to be patched. If you read the thread for rooting the T500, that is the one that gets patched.

Reactions: vlrgamaley

vlrgamaley

Jan 29, 2014
Novosibirsk
Forget that generic guide. This one was written for the T500 and should work for the T510 while, of course, substituting the T510 images.
really great, thx) rewrite that post when i get some results)

did all for instruction, all going good, but didn`t had Magisk app at the end at app drawer and no root :c very sad :c maybe that guide doesn`t work for android 11?

We're not done yet. After booting, you will need to open the Magisk app from the app drawer and follow the on-screen instructions to replace the Magisk stub with the actual full application, and further complete the required setup when prompted by Magisk app.
after one day of my tries i did it. but it works like in the orginal guide:

As a summary, after installing Magisk in recovery (starting from power off):
  • (Power up normally) → (System with NO Magisk)
  • (Recovery Key Combo) → (Splash screen) → (Release all buttons) → (System with Magisk)
  • (Recovery Key Combo) → (Splash screen) → (Long press volume up) → (Recovery Mode)

Last edited:

Abo7amed

Jan 13, 2013
SM-T510 Please help me how to fix this ?!
I get Custom Binary ( Recovery ) Blocked by OEM Lock

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp-featured.jpg

After @geiti94 and @ianmacd started the ball rolling for the Samsung Galaxy S10 series (Exynos 9820), it was really only a matter of time until we could do the same for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (Exynos 7904). The kernel source was released last May, allowing me to build a custom kernel with many of the problematic Knox security features disabled. What's posted below is a work in progress, but it should suffice to unblock efforts to build custom ROMs for this impressive tablet.

Notes:
    • The current process requires you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
    • Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and rely on the latest posted kernel source (T510XXU5CWA1).
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Not working:
    • Support for file-based encryption

Downloads:
    Build archives:

Change Log:
    v3.7.0_11-0 (20230330):
    • Updated to T510XXU5CWA1 OEM stock kernel.
    v3.7.0_11-0 (20221102):
    v3.6.2_11-0 (20220905):
    v3.6.1_11-1:
    • Minor update to incorporate fix from TWRP repo.
    v3.6.1_11-0:
    v3.6.0_11-2:
    • Updated to T510XXU5CUL1 posted kernel source.
    v3.6.0_11-1:
    • Updated to T510XXU5CUJ1 posted kernel source.
    • Updated to TWRP 3.6.0 release built from aosp-11 branch.
    v3.5.2_9-0:
    v3.5.2_9-0:
    v3.5.1_9-0:
    • Updated to T510XXU4BUA1 posted kernel source.
    • Updated to TWRP 3.5.1 release built from omni-9.0 branch.
    v3.5.0_9-0:
    • Updated to T510XXU3BTK1 posted kernel source.
    • Updated to TWRP 3.5.0 release built from omni-9.0 branch.
    v3.4.0-0:
    • Updated to TWRP v3.4.0 source
    • Updated to latest custom kernel
    v3.3.1-7:
    v3.3.1-6:
    • Switched to .img file for installation from TWRP
    v3.3.1-5:
    • Fixed hang on splash with encrypted user data partition
    • Added OTA update (.zip) for installation from TWRP
    v3.3.1-4:
    • Fixed MTP support in a way that supports Magisk
    v3.3.1-3:
    • Fixed MTP support
    • Included boot image with custom kernel
    • Deprecated separate NoKnox releases
    v3.3.1-2:
    • Changed system partition mount point to /system_root
    • Fixed screen brightness control
    • Restored screen timeout

Instructions:
    From OEM stock firmware:
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install TWRP to AP with Odin
    • Hold Power & Vol Up buttons during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Install latest Multidisabler from TWRP
    • Wipe->Format Data
    • Reboot to system
    From existing TWRP install: (No need for data wipe.)
    • Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install->Install Image, select your image (.img) file, pick Recovery partition, and then swipe to install
    • Reboot to system

What about rooting with Magisk?
    These images are not supplied pre-rooted with Magisk, since it's against the terms of use laid out by Magisk's developer, John Wu. To root the TWRP image yourself, simply use Magisk Manager to Select and Patch a File. More details on this process are available from @ianmacd's topic for the Galaxy S10 series here.

Source:

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    Hello.
    Source code of SM-T510 Android 10
    T510XXU3BTFN
    on https://opensource.samsung.com/uploadSearch
    ...and we just got a new drop of the AOSP 10 GSI. Please stand by...
    New build just posted...

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    v3.7.0_11-0 (20230330):
    • Updated to T510XXU5CWA1 OEM stock kernel.
    Just a quick update: Samsung posted the T515XXS3ASK5 source last night, so I expect T510XXS2ASK5 to follow soon. When that happens, I'll update TWRP for both the SM-T510 and SM-T515.
    As soon as kernel source is posted for T515XXS4ATE3, I'll post that too.

Downloads:
    SM-T510:

Change Log:
    v3.4.0-0:
    • Updated to TWRP v3.4.0 source