• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP 3.5.2 for 2020 Galaxy Tab A7 10.4[SM-T500]

Search This thread

ragarcia87

Sep 9, 2016
Andromeda
Moto G7 Power
W9JMd4u.png

Code:
/*
*Disclaimer
* Your warranty is now void.
* We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Introduction

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Installation Instructions

If TWRP Already Installed

• Download recovery.img from below
  • Copy recovery.img to device
  • Install > Install Image > recovery.img to Recovery
  • Reboot > Recovery
  • Enjoy

From PC

• Download Odin Flashable Tar from bellow
  • Put tablet into Odin Download Mode
  • Flash Blank vbmeta via Userdata
  • Flash Odin Flashable Tar via AP
  • Enjoy

Working
  • ADB
  • MTP
  • Everything, except decryption of internal data (havent tested)

Bugs
(My tablet is already decrypted so haven't tested this, please advise)
  • OS-encrypted storage (Internal Data) not able to be decrypted in TWRP.

Downloads

recovery.img

https://mega.nz/file/bkcimDCK#tkv6ATvxx_gEUJJ4OD2WQ1WsRPTINRZCc2hTFPg62aY

Blank vbmeta
https://mega.nz/file/74dAUBSQ#w_XN49p8TRppiOVEvI_eGXkzf6jgZWXarN4Qi6BFr-4

Odin Flashable Tar
https://mega.nz/file/C0NgmD6S#lWD70RUXsXs_sv-0E5BOHPoitQc8keyorarW0xtXV-4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-08-01-33-18.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-08-01-33-18.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_2021-11-08-01-33-28.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-08-01-33-28.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: myballgotkicked

Smoochkiller

Dec 14, 2013
lucknow
Thanx a lot bro. was looking for it. working fine. is there any custom or modified samsung rom without bloat sothat we can use this recovery for that.

Reactions: ragarcia87

EdwardTCM

May 14, 2020
Glad it's working well for you. And to be honest, I've tried a few GSI roms and they work well, like crDroid GSI and CAOS GSI... I've been trying to cook up my own port of a few ROMs also to no avail yet but soon...
How do I install the GSI ROMs because I only get Boot Recovery dtbo vbmeta_samsung VBMeta and Super (system vendor odm product)

ragarcia87

Sep 9, 2016
Andromeda
Moto G7 Power
How do I install the GSI ROMs because I only get Boot Recovery dtbo vbmeta_samsung VBMeta and Super (system vendor odm product)
You have to use a patch called DynaPatch v1.5. It patches TWRP to be able to install individual images to the super dynamic partition... I don't know if I can post a link but if you Google DynaPatch v1.5 you'll be able to find it, just flash via TWRP and then reboot to Recovery and it will show system, vendor, product etc in the install

EdwardTCM

May 14, 2020
You have to use a patch called DynaPatch v1.5. It patches TWRP to be able to install individual images to the super dynamic partition... I don't know if I can post a link but if you Google DynaPatch v1.5 you'll be able to find it, just flash via TWRP and then reboot to Recovery and it will show system, vendor, product etc in the install
I got the file but nothing happened
Edit: Never mind I fixed it

Last edited:
Reactions: ragarcia87

ragarcia87

Sep 9, 2016
Andromeda
Moto G7 Power
  1. Enter TWRP recovery
  2. Select Install – select DynaPatch-v1.5.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
  3. Select Reboot – Recovery or Turn Power off
  4. One time only to flash this patch except you reflash the TWRP recovery

The images attached are to show that it works.. I show a before the patch is installed and then after its installed... make sure you follow the directions above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-25-12-26-09.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-25-12-26-09.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2021-11-25-12-26-25.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-25-12-26-25.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_2021-11-25-12-26-43.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-25-12-26-43.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2021-11-25-12-27-31.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-25-12-27-31.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: EdwardTCM

Liloabouu

Apr 3, 2018
Aight, after i unlocked the bootloader, everytime i try to flash the vbmeta or even the twrp, it fails. any idea why?

"Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(vbmeta)"

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I'm having a problem with stock recovery overwriting TWRP. I have the latest stock, BUJ1, installed. I flash vbmeta and recovery with Odin and boot into TWRP. Format data and reboot recovery. Everything works fine. Reboot to system and go through the setup, make sure developer mode still enabled. Again, everything appears to work. Download the DynaPatch and copy it to the T500 SD card. Turn off the tablet and attempt to boot TWRP. It's gone. Back to stock recovery. What am I doing wrong????

ragarcia87

Sep 9, 2016
Andromeda
Moto G7 Power
I'm having a problem with stock recovery overwriting TWRP. I have the latest stock, BUJ1, installed. I flash vbmeta and recovery with Odin and boot into TWRP. Format data and reboot recovery. Everything works fine. Reboot to system and go through the setup, make sure developer mode still enabled. Again, everything appears to work. Download the DynaPatch and copy it to the T500 SD card. Turn off the tablet and attempt to boot TWRP. It's gone. Back to stock recovery. What am I doing wrong????
Thats my bad, youll want to use the multidisabler to fix that.. I have added it to the twrp.. once twrp is installed go to Advanced > Terminal and then type multidisabler then press enter. This will disable the stock recovery restoration.

Reactions: lewmur

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
What if I don't have TWRP installed yet but the tablet is rooted with Magisk? Is it okay to flash TWRP from within a running system?

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Thats my bad, youll want to use the multidisabler to fix that.. I have added it to the twrp.. once twrp is installed go to Advanced > Terminal and then type multidisabler then press enter. This will disable the stock recovery restoration.
Thanks. That worked but I flashed DynaPatch and then lineage-19.0-20211216-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvS-vndklite.img in super and it bootloops. Any ideas? Of course this was after format of data and factory reset wipe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes used now 3.6.0 and works with the latest platform tools. had problems first with installing gsi images (bootloop) even followed everything, now it's working. (y)
    W9JMd4u.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Installation Instructions

If TWRP Already Installed

• Download recovery.img from below
    • Copy recovery.img to device
    • Install > Install Image > recovery.img to Recovery
    • Reboot > Recovery
    • Enjoy

From PC

• Download Odin Flashable Tar from bellow
    • Put tablet into Odin Download Mode
    • Flash Blank vbmeta via Userdata
    • Flash Odin Flashable Tar via AP
    • Enjoy

Working
    • ADB
    • MTP
    • Everything, except decryption of internal data (havent tested)

Bugs
    (My tablet is already decrypted so haven't tested this, please advise)
    • OS-encrypted storage (Internal Data) not able to be decrypted in TWRP.

Downloads

recovery.img

https://mega.nz/file/bkcimDCK#tkv6ATvxx_gEUJJ4OD2WQ1WsRPTINRZCc2hTFPg62aY

Blank vbmeta
    https://mega.nz/file/74dAUBSQ#w_XN49p8TRppiOVEvI_eGXkzf6jgZWXarN4Qi6BFr-4

Odin Flashable Tar
    https://mega.nz/file/C0NgmD6S#lWD70RUXsXs_sv-0E5BOHPoitQc8keyorarW0xtXV-4
    Thanx a lot bro. was looking for it. working fine. is there any custom or modified samsung rom without bloat sothat we can use this recovery for that.
    Glad it's working well for you. And to be honest, I've tried a few GSI roms and they work well, like crDroid GSI and CAOS GSI... I've been trying to cook up my own port of a few ROMs also to no avail yet but soon...
    You have to use a patch called DynaPatch v1.5. It patches TWRP to be able to install individual images to the super dynamic partition...
    Oh alright thanks
    I got the file but nothing happened
    Edit: Never mind I fixed it