[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.5.2_10 for Moto G 5G (kiev)

Search This thread

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Yes. He might even have your same model.
His recovery works! The touchscreen is now functional. Now I need help backing up the correct partitions before flashing the TWRP recovery. Which partitions should I backup first just in case I want to revert back to a locked bootloader? With stock recovery, stock everything?

h3xmind

Oct 20, 2015
Moto G 5G
His recovery works! The touchscreen is now functional. Now I need help backing up the correct partitions before flashing the TWRP recovery. Which partitions should I backup first just in case I want to revert back to a locked bootloader? With stock recovery, stock everything?
I suggest you join the telegram group in SyberHexen’s post where you got twrp from. There he explained which partitions to backup and how to do it properly. Just ask there and he will forward you the answer. I’m saying this because you seem to have the same model number and I believe he is in a better position to help you. Also, I’m mostly absent these days and in the following weeks I won’t be able to follow much the forum. Anyway, you can always backup all partitions, just to be safe.

freeZbies

Dec 2, 2013
I have two questions about this:
1. Has anyone tested whether one can flash magisk 23 just fine with this twrp?
2. Is there a risk I'll brick the device by flashing this? I am asking bc I never had a phone that required this process to flash recovery, just a regular "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"

RETIEF

Sep 28, 2007
Moto G 5G
Moto G Stylus 5G
I have two questions about this:
1. Has anyone tested whether one can flash magisk 23 just fine with this twrp?
2. Is there a risk I'll brick the device by flashing this? I am asking bc I never had a phone that required this process to flash recovery, just a regular "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
I can't answer your questions. It should work. I know that the fastboot command works. If you want twrp on both a and b, you need to use the appropriate fastboot commands.

Reactions: freeZbies

the.real.p3y0t3

Jul 15, 2020
I got my kiev today, and went right to work trying to break it good (no luck). I know this has been beaten to death, but heres my 2 cents. Touchscreen does not work for me when booting kernel from phone. Fastbooting it works fine, and all features appear to work. I havent actually restored the backup yet, so dunno about that.

Its worth noting that touchscreen doesnt work for me in either android 10 or the euro 11 XT2113-2

Also worth noting, regarding magisk stuff. Just download yer respective firmware from lolinet, extract the zip, grab the 96mb boot.img out of it and copy it to your phones internal storage, install latest magisk manager, choose install -> install method patch file, point it to the file you copied to internal storage, patch it, drop phone into fastboot mode and flash the boot.img to boot_a and\or boot_b, depending which slot your on. Or just flash it to boot, which will also get the job done. I did exactly this, and it worked fine. Dont forget you need to unlock your bootloader! fastboot oem get_unlock_data, motodev portal, get code, fastboot oem unlock <your code>

Last edited:

the.real.p3y0t3

Jul 15, 2020
It figures... Restore failed with an error attempting to extract the data tar file. First tme through it completed, but boot loop0ed 3x then crapped out. Back to the drawing board.

bobbyp1086

I got my kiev today, and went right to work trying to break it good (no luck). I know this has been beaten to death, but heres my 2 cents. Touchscreen does not work for me when booting kernel from phone. Fastbooting it works fine, and all features appear to work. I havent actually restored the backup yet, so dunno about that.

Its worth noting that touchscreen doesnt work for me in either android 10 or the euro 11 XT2113-2

Also worth noting, regarding magisk stuff. Just download yer respective firmware from lolinet, extract the zip, grab the 96mb boot.img out of it and copy it to your phones internal storage, install latest magisk manager, choose install -> install method patch file, point it to the file you copied to internal storage, patch it, drop phone into fastboot mode and flash the boot.img to boot_a and\or boot_b, depending which slot your on. Or just flash it to boot, which will also get the job done. I did exactly this, and it worked fine. Dont forget you need to unlock your bootloader! fastboot oem get_unlock_data, motodev portal, get code, fastboot oem unlock <your code>
Is twrp asking for a password? If so otg mouse to input your screen lock, touch will work after. It's an encryption bug.

eurovive

Nov 22, 2021
Somewhere
Moto G 5G
DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible if you brick or damage your phone in any way by using this recovery. It is always advisable to fully backup your phone before playing around with recoveries, custom roms and similar stuff.

What has been tested and works:

- Touchscreen
- Installing flashable zips
- Flashing images
- Flashing the recovery itself
- Creating backups (to internal storage, sdcard or OTG)
- Restoring from backups
- Terminal
- adb
- Rebooting to system, recovery, bootloader, ...

That doesn't mean that other things don't work. It just means they weren't tested yet. As I proceed with testing I will update the above list.

Usage (without flashing)
Bash:
# boot to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader

# boot to recovery
fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_10-kiev.img

If you want to flash you have 2 options
Bash:
# boot to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader

# ********* OPTION 1  *********
# Flash to active slot (replace <slot> with either a or b, depending on the current active slot).
# Of course, you can flash to both by first specifying a and then b.
fastboot flash recovery_<slot> twrp-3.5.2_10-kiev.img

# ********* OPTION 2  *********
# boot to recovery

# Once in the recovery, copy the twrp image file to your internal storage
adb push twrp-3.5.2_10-kiev.img /sdcard/Download

# Then go to Install, then Install image, select the twrp image you pushed before.
# Then select the Recovery partition and swipe to confirm.
# Before swiping you will have the option to decide if you want to flash to both slots.

Download: google drive

Sources will be posted in due time and this post will be updated accordingly.

Built for: Motorola Moto G 5G (Motorla One 5G Ace)
My model: XT2113-3 (kiev)

Credits 👏🙏
To the guys over here for the device tree, especially to SyberHexen for providing me with useful information.
Hi. Will see if you tested other features work like nfc, 5g , all sensors work , calls , camera and so on.

h3xmind

Oct 20, 2015
Moto G 5G
Hi. Will see if you tested other features work like nfc, 5g , all sensors work , calls , camera and so on.
Hi I suggest you join this telegram channel. There is an active community and you can find a fully working twrp and Android 11 roms.

woutercools

Sep 12, 2012
My recovery is crashing. I can't get into it.

I flashed it to both a and b.

It even crashes when I load it from fastboot.
I can boot into Android but the TWRP app doesn't see my recovery

PLEASE HELP! I don't know what to do now.

edit: "fastboot -w" solved it. Phew...

edit: also had to reformat /data. I got errors while factory resetting. This must have been the culprit.

Last edited:
Reactions: h3xmind

eurovive

Nov 22, 2021
Somewhere
Moto G 5G
It shouldn't brick my device as long as I use it as a boot command and not flash, right? Is this associated with Hexen's version of unofficial twrp-3.5.2_10.0_BT-1.3??
I'm not sure if the installation for TWRP has changed but I just recently purchased the Moto One 5G Ace and I flashed TWRP directly to my recovery (fastboot, flash, recovery + TWRP build) then I installed Lineage 18.1 and everything works perfectly fine not one issue.

Reactions: BTK19

YSOFF

Jun 19, 2022
Sorry for the stupid question, I'm newbie. Will this TWRP for Moto G51 (cypfq XT2171)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible if you brick or damage your phone in any way by using this recovery. It is always advisable to fully backup your phone before playing around with recoveries, custom roms and similar stuff.

What has been tested and works:

- Touchscreen
    - Installing flashable zips
    - Flashing images
    - Flashing the recovery itself
    - Creating backups (to internal storage, sdcard or OTG)
    - Restoring from backups
    - Terminal
    - adb
    - Rebooting to system, recovery, bootloader, ...

That doesn't mean that other things don't work. It just means they weren't tested yet. As I proceed with testing I will update the above list.

Usage (without flashing)
    Bash:
    # boot to bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

# boot to recovery

If you want to flash you have 2 options
    Bash:
    # boot to bootloader
    adb reboot bootloader

# ********* OPTION 1  *********
    # Flash to active slot (replace <slot> with either a or b, depending on the current active slot).
    # Of course, you can flash to both by first specifying a and then b.
    fastboot flash recovery_<slot> twrp-3.5.2_10-kiev.img

# ********* OPTION 2  *********
    # boot to recovery

# Once in the recovery, copy the twrp image file to your internal storage
    adb push twrp-3.5.2_10-kiev.img /sdcard/Download

# Then go to Install, then Install image, select the twrp image you pushed before.
    # Then select the Recovery partition and swipe to confirm.
    # Before swiping you will have the option to decide if you want to flash to both slots.

Download: google drive

Sources will be posted in due time and this post will be updated accordingly.

Built for: Motorola Moto G 5G (Motorla One 5G Ace)
    My model: XT2113-3 (kiev)

Credits 👏🙏
    To the guys over here for the device tree, especially to SyberHexen for providing me with useful information.
    Tested on my Moto G 5G XT2113-3. Seems to work properly. Good job. Awaiting to flash it.
    Why's it seem like some people make it so hard?

I did
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img
    Fastboot reboot recovery

Flashed find everything works! At least that I've noticed and ran through as of yet. Great work thank you
    I use LTE/4G sim only and i recieve texts fine. Altough it might be because of sim as you said.

Here are the few sites i gathered and read that might help you solve this :

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

It looks like it has something to do with your carrier settings/CDMA-less when you change your phone.Try contacting your carrier.
    If nothing works, replace your sim with new one i guess.
    This fixed my problem. I contacted Verizon and they enabled the setting. Did it all through their chat feature on their website. Off to root it again.
    I still did not have texting after using LMSA and I think I may know why: My previous phone is not 5G so I am using the standard LTE SIM card. This new phone, the XT2113-2, is 5G and I'm thinking I may need a new SIM card in order to use it. Does this make sense to anyone else? (and I apologize in advance if I am late to the parade with this info)
    I use LTE/4G sim only and i recieve texts fine. Altough it might be because of sim as you said.

Here are the few sites i gathered and read that might help you solve this :

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

It looks like it has something to do with your carrier settings/CDMA-less when you change your phone.Try contacting your carrier.
    If nothing works, replace your sim with new one i guess.