• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] Unofficial TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 for Stock Android 9, 10, 11 & Custom ROMs

Search This thread

Rajendran Rasa

Oct 17, 2015
Thanjavur
Xiaomi Mi A3
This thread is not pirated, mirrored or copy of official twrp
I'm just sharing the official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 patched boot img for Stock Android 10, 11 & Custom ROMs

Whats Working?
Everything

Whats Not Working?
Encryption/Decryption of Data

Download
Unofficial TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 IMG for Stock Android 10, 11 & Custom ROMs

Official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 IMG for Stock Android 9 only

Official TWRP Installer 3.5.2_9-0 ZIP for Stock Android 9, 10 & Custom ROMs

Note: enable "use rm -rf instead of formatting" in TWRP settings, before you wipe data, else userdata partition will be ****ed

Hit thanks button if you liked my work👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-26-08-32-03.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-26-08-32-03.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 2,412
Last edited:

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Flashed it from fastboot but doesn't come ,only comes fastboot mode ?
Only Sharp works in 10 properly.
Your not doing it right because everyone else is able to install all recoveries it's only you who is having these issues. Without a proper bug report nobody can help you though

mjonyh

Jun 11, 2012
Sylhet
This thread is not pirated, mirrored and copy the official twrp
I'm just sharing the official TWRP 3.4.0-0 patched img of Android 10

Unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-0 for Android 10
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682878366

Official twrp-3.4.0-0 for Android 9
https://dl.twrp.me/laurel_sprout/twrp-3.4.0-0-laurel_sprout.img.html

Official twrp-installer-3.4.0-0 for Android 9&10
https://dl.twrp.me/laurel_sprout/twrp-installer-3.4.0-0-laurel_sprout.zip.html

Note: enable "use rm -rf instead of formatting" in TWRP settings, before you wipe data, else userdata partition will be damaged

Hit thanks button if you liked my work?

Which one should I download? unofficial?

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
hello, i have this noob question:
i have 4 year flashing twrp and roms... but i'm new with this device and its slotA slotB issue (fastboot boot loop)...
please OP, can you tell us the tutorial of how install correctly the official twrp? i saw videos on youtube but none has this 3.4.0 version.
thank you very much for your hard work, i really apreciatte it.
and thanks in advance for your comments.

ovi2901

Aug 9, 2014
dhaka
"........else userdata partition will be damaged"
what does it mean??....I will lost my data???...or phone can be bricked??.....what can happen exctly??

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
"........else userdata partition will be damaged"
what does it mean??....I will lost my data???...or phone can be bricked??.....what can happen exctly??
It just won't boot. You can still recover from this by enabling the setting in twrp and reformatting data.
You will lose data regardless of this being enabled because this is only used for formatting data. That's what formatting data does

ovi2901

Aug 9, 2014
dhaka
It just won't boot. You can still recover from this by enabling the setting in twrp and reformatting data.
You will lose data regardless of this being enabled because this is only used for formatting data. That's what formatting data does

can I install shrp recovery zip and then miui12...
what I will do is -->
1. install this recovery in b slot through minimal adb
2. boot in twrp
3. install shrp recovery zip file (phone is still in b-slot)
4. change slot to a
5. reboot recovery
6. format data
7. install miui12
8. reboot

will this steps safely boot my device???

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
hello. first thank you very much for your hard work. i really apreciate.
so, i was on stock rom, freshly unlock the bootloader and flash twrp unofficial for android 10.
then in twrp i flash the zip installer and reboot to recovery.
once again in twrp i, like i'm use to, wipe successfully dalvik/system/data to erased all of stock rom.
then i format data (the one typing "yes" for confirmation) but it broke internal storage.
twrp does not show any file or folders. i rebooti in recovery but it won't show anything
i reflash twrp and the same... nothing.
so i went to fastboot mode and flash shrp, boot up in recovery but it was still not showing files or folders of internal storage. i wipe dalvik/system/data and reboot to recovey.
and this time it show folder but with codes like "QRGHQ9R4HGVUQE4RNG98TH9324HTG923" OR "66EFQ3KFK4TK34KT3K4K34K2KK2" and so...
what do i 'm doing wrong?
can i format data with out breaking internal storage?
the only thing i can do to get internal storage was flash stock rom again, i have not encrypted anything, i don't use microsd card, even i don't use password to unlock screen.
thanks in advance for your comments.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

can I install shrp recovery zip and then miui12...
this it twrp thread bro

shubhdeep99

Apr 13, 2011
Panipat(Haryana)
hello. first thank you very much for your hard work. i really apreciate.
so, i was on stock rom, freshly unlock the bootloader and flash twrp unofficial for android 10.
then in twrp i flash the zip installer and reboot to recovery.
once again in twrp i, like i'm use to, wipe successfully dalvik/system/data to erased all of stock rom.
then i format data (the one typing "yes" for confirmation) but it broke internal storage.
twrp does not show any file or folders. i rebooti in recovery but it won't show anything
i reflash twrp and the same... nothing.
so i went to fastboot mode and flash shrp, boot up in recovery but it was still not showing files or folders of internal storage. i wipe dalvik/system/data and reboot to recovey.
and this time it show folder but with codes like "QRGHQ9R4HGVUQE4RNG98TH9324HTG923" OR "66EFQ3KFK4TK34KT3K4K34K2KK2" and so...
what do i 'm doing wrong?
can i format data with out breaking internal storage?
the only thing i can do to get internal storage was flash stock rom again, i have not encrypted anything, i don't use microsd card, even i don't use password to unlock screen.
thanks in advance for your comments.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

this it twrp thread bro
Ok you performed Format > And type "Yes" , actually this will Format your internal storage as well, RIP for your Data now else you took a backup earlier.

Now connect your phone to your PC with data cable , in mount section check if MTP is enabled if not then enable it , now your phone's internal storage shows in PC transfer Rom flash Zip files to internal storage, disconnect from PC and flash that rom.
Recovery choice is yours SHRP or TWRP
Note - Do not perform format > yes before flashing that zip.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: d_g_m_2000

Themane

Jul 29, 2013
Noida
Not able to flash recovery

I am on the latest stock android patch, probably that's why not able to flash recovery.
First I tried TWRP 3.3.1-2 Unofficial by Nikesh Kataria from the other post. As it said it supported android 10 with decryption and everything. But it didn't work.
Now with version 3.4.0-0, I am able to boot into recovery using platform-tools. But the files in /sdcard seems to be encrypted (judging by the codes shown instead of readable folder names).
Could someone please help me suggest any recovery which supports latest stock android 10 with decryption?
Is there a way around this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TcRxuBUde9chk3MWbvFWhUuojS-iZ8x2/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I am on the latest stock android patch, probably that's why not able to flash recovery.
First I tried TWRP 3.3.1-2 Unofficial by Nikesh Kataria from the other post. As it said it supported android 10 with decryption and everything. But it didn't work.
Now with version 3.4.0-0, I am able to boot into recovery using platform-tools. But the files in /sdcard seems to be encrypted (judging by the codes shown instead of readable folder names).
Could someone please help me suggest any recovery which supports latest stock android 10 with decryption?
Is there a way around this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TcRxuBUde9chk3MWbvFWhUuojS-iZ8x2/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!
Decryption will only work if you format data first. This is with every recovery. Has to be a factory reset of stock ROM or fresh install of custom ROM and from then twrp will be able to decrypt if it is installed, you're not installing it either by the way just temporarily installing it to inactive slot which will get wiped on reboot. For twrp to decrypt you must install it using the installer.zip by flashing it in you're temporarily installed twrp.img

Themane

Jul 29, 2013
Noida
Decryption will only work if you format data first. This is with every recovery. Has to be a factory reset of stock ROM or fresh install of custom ROM and from then twrp will be able to decrypt if it is installed, you're not installing it either by the way just temporarily installing it to inactive slot which will get wiped on reboot. For twrp to decrypt you must install it using the installer.zip by flashing it in you're temporarily installed twrp.img

Thanks for the help.

But after booting into twrp, how do I install twrp.zip. I even tried sideload that also errors out "Unable to find partition for path /cache".

May be I am missing some step. But here is what I have done.
Unlocked bootloader.
Booted into TWRP on inactive_slot(i.e. slot_b , in my case) with command fastboot flash boot twrp.img
Trying to install twrp.zip (failing at this step itself).

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the help.

But after booting into twrp, how do I install twrp.zip. I even tried sideload that also errors out "Unable to find partition for path /cache".

May be I am missing some step. But here is what I have done.
Unlocked bootloader.
Booted into TWRP on inactive_slot(i.e. slot_b , in my case) with command fastboot flash boot twrp.img
Trying to install twrp.zip (failing at this step itself).
Put the zip on an SD card

Reactions: Themane

mihovkris

Nov 15, 2013
Negotino
Some ROM has some recovery integrated within the OS. If i install that and then the ROM, will the ROM's recovery overwrite this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is not pirated, mirrored or copy of official twrp
    I'm just sharing the official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 patched boot img for Stock Android 10, 11 & Custom ROMs

Whats Working?
    Everything

Whats Not Working?
    Encryption/Decryption of Data

Download
    Unofficial TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 IMG for Stock Android 10, 11 & Custom ROMs

Official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 IMG for Stock Android 9 only

Official TWRP Installer 3.5.2_9-0 ZIP for Stock Android 9, 10 & Custom ROMs

Note: enable "use rm -rf instead of formatting" in TWRP settings, before you wipe data, else userdata partition will be ****ed

Hit thanks button if you liked my work👍
    Flashed it from fastboot but doesn't come ,only comes fastboot mode ?
    Only Sharp works in 10 properly.
    Your not doing it right because everyone else is able to install all recoveries it's only you who is having these issues. Without a proper bug report nobody can help you though
    Android 11 TWRP + root (needed turn off encryption)

If you want root, download these (otherwise skip steps 14, 16-21):
    option for root - download Canary Magisk Manager ( https://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/canary/app-release.apk )
    also download magisk module safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip ( https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases )

Needed:
    - download TWRP (see first post :) for twrp-3.5.2_9-0-laurel_sprout.img )
    - download DisableForceEncryption.zip ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117915021 )
    - download stock full fastboot ROM (For me = EU - https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.7.0....RFQEUXM_20210513.0000.00_11.0_3e81dfb140.tgz for others https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-fastboot-xiaomi-mi-a3-laurel_sprout.3962489/ )
    - extract ROM and extract ROM again to c:\work\ (example)
    - edit flash_all.bat:
    a) on system_b change system_other.img -> system.img
    b) move line with "fastboot %* reboot" after "pause"
    - in images\crclist.txt delete line with system_b
    - in images\sparsecrclist.txt copy line with system_a and rename to system_b
    - copy vbmeta.img from images to folder with bat files
    - copy boot.img from images to folder with bat files
    - move app-release.apk to folder with bat files
    - copy app-release.apk and this copy rename as magisk.zip
    - rename TWRP image just to twrp.img
    - download ADB minimal portable extract to folder with bat files ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754459552 )
    - run cmd-here.exe as administrator
    - enable USB debugging in phone (if you dont know how or how to find it you are dumb and not do next steps!)
    - run adb devices, remember and allow in phone
    - shutdown phone, still connected to USB

Connect phone to PC,
    1) Hold vol- a power until BL shows
    2) fastboot flashing unlock (before click Enter, hold vol-)
    3) fastboot flashing unlock_critical (before click Enter, hold vol-)
    4) fastboot --set-active=a, then flash_all.bat (laurel_sprout_eea_global_images_V12.0.7.0.RFQEUXM_11.0)
    5) after rom is flashed, hold vol- and then click enter -> vbmeta patching:
    run cmd-here.exe as administrator again
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img
    6) fastboot --set-active=b
    7) fastboot flash boot twrp.img
    8) fastboot reboot (before click Enter, hold vol+ -> go to new recovery)
    9) Wipe -> Format Data (yes), after that empty disk appears in windows explorer ( Mi A3 - Internal storage ). Select boot.img + twrp.img + DisableForceEncryption.zip + magisk.zip in folder with bat files and copy to phone
    10) Go to menu Install-> select boot.img and flash it to boot partition (both slots)
    11) Go to menu Advanced -> install recovery ramdisk and select twrp.img
    12) Go to menu Reboot -> enable slot A and then reboot to recovery
    13) Go to menu Install (folder changes to /data/media) -> DisableForceEncryption.zip, after install wipe dalvik
    14) Go to menu Install -> magisk.zip, after install wipe dalvik and finally click reboot system
    15) set up your phone, then click to Magiks in menu a tap download (allow installation from Unknown Sources)
    16) delete boot.img + twrp.img + DisableForceEncryption.zip + magisk.zip from /data/media/ (use file manager in TWRP)
    17) if you root, then copy safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip to internal storage (to folder Downloads for example)
    18) Go to magisk settings and tap Hide app Magisk, change name to something and wait a while - app restarts in about 10-15s, allow add icon to desktop
    19) enable in settings MagiskHide, then go to Home , tap last icon modules and select install from storage
    20) select safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip and after install restart
    21) check SafetyNET status -> PASS :)
    EDIT:
    22) update google play and reboot
    23) force turn off play store and then clear cache and app data
    24) google play certified!

System startup with root, disabled encrypting and TWRP stay in boot image. In slot B is boot image without root.

Maybe is playing with system_b useless, but i try different procedures and this one works best (no problems yet, I don't have time to try less steps. But vbmeta is important, also flash DisableForceEncryption before Magisk...

Enjoy and dont hate me if something go wrong
    Go to settings->Info about phone->Version of android->Google Play Update (i translate it from czech, you maybe have little different names in menu). Make sure you have latest version and reboot phone if needed. Then go to Play store app info: force turn off app, clear cache and data. Check yours apps and then you may be certified