/* * Disclaimer * * Your warranty is now void. * * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. */
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.
- TWRP version: 3.6.0_11
- For device: gta4lwifi
- Device tree: https://github.com/pazos/android_device_samsung_gta4lwifi
- Maintainer/Authors build: paziusss
- FBE encrypted storage (Internal Data) not able to be decrypted in TWRP.
- Added: exfat support
- Added: mass storage support
- Fixed: USB composition rules
- Supressed audit messages in logcat
- Misc changes (see device tree for details)
- 2021-12-05: Initial release
Motivation and credits.
AFAICT there're two TWRP builds on xda for the SM-T500, made by ragarcia87 and agreenbhm
The main motivation for Yet Another TWRP build was getting fastboot working, so we can follow official instructions to flash GSI builds on our devices.
Credits to u/agreenbhm for the device tree: https://github.com/agreenbhm/android_device_samsung_gta4lwifi
Credits to u/ragarcia87 for the thread, which I used as a template for this one
- Download Odin Flashable Tar from bellow
- Put tablet into Odin Download Mode
- Flash Blank vbmeta via Userdata
- Flash Odin Flashable Tar via AP
- Download recovery.img from below
- Copy recovery.img to device
- Install > Install Image > recovery.img to Recovery
- Reboot > Recovery
Flashing system/vendor/product/odm partitions
Logical partitions are read only from TWRP. If you want to flash them you'll need to reboot in fastbootd.
- Boot in TWRP
- Go to reboot and select fastboot.
- Wait until you see a TWRP dialog saying "entered in fastboot"
- Once you flashed all desired partitions reboot to recovery
- In recovery wipe -> format data.
- /product partition is unused in GSI builds. You can flash an empty image to gain 1GB for other logical partitions.
- /system partition will be resized to the size of the GSI image you're flashing.