Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.6.2-11_0 for Denver/Osaka

Search This thread

d3f4lt99

Oct 20, 2020
My apologies, do I download boot.img or skym3.zip? And flash via TWRP correct? And is there a way to do the flash without TWRP or computer?
skym3.zip is for flashing via TWRP
boot.img is for flashing via fastboot
As for without TWRP or a computer, if your phone is rooted you could use an app like FlashFire to flash either option

Reactions: Kalel88

Kalel88

Jun 30, 2022
skym3.zip is for flashing via TWRP
boot.img is for flashing via fastboot
As for without TWRP or a computer, if your phone is rooted you could use an app like FlashFire to flash either option
Found out FlashFire probably isn't a good option for flashing since chainfire is no longer doing updates. I used EX Kernel Manger and it did the charm. Thank you very much!

Reactions: d3f4lt99

Child's Play

Apr 27, 2014
Why does my phone keep restarting while making a backup of stock ROM? I boot TWRP without flashing it. Does it have to do with permissions or something?

d3f4lt99

Oct 20, 2020
You had the same issue? I don't mind flashing TWRP but if I flash it, the touch screen won't work and I'll need to flash the custom kernel, which I don't want to
The kernel seems to be a requirement for the touchscreen once TWRP is actually installed, not sure why but the touchscreen isn't going to work without it, any reason you don't want to install the kernel?

Child's Play

Apr 27, 2014
None that ive really seen, task switch will occasionally lag for a second but thats really it, ive been using it for a good few weeks
I can flash back to stock kernel after using custom kernel but I don't know what I need to do because I rooted my phone via Magisk patched boot.img. Do I have to flash stock boot.img first then flash the patched boot.img or do I flash the patched boot.img?

d3f4lt99

Oct 20, 2020
I can flash back to stock kernel after using custom kernel but I don't know what I need to do because I rooted my phone via Magisk patched boot.img. Do I have to flash stock boot.img first then flash the patched boot.img or do I flash the patched boot.img?
Id say run the custom kernel boot image through Magisk then flash it

d3f4lt99

Oct 20, 2020
There are two ways to flash the custom kernel. Flash skym3.zip through TWRP or flash boot.img through fastboot. Which one did you mean that? If I flash stock kernel, will I lose root?
If you flash the custom kernel boot.img or the stock boot.img it will remove root, the zip flashed through twrp should preserve both root and twrp if I remember correct. I had said that because you had specifically asked about the boot.img, I apologize for any confusion

Child's Play

Apr 27, 2014
If you flash the custom kernel boot.img or the stock boot.img it will remove root, the zip flashed through twrp should preserve both root and twrp if I remember correct. I had said that because you had specifically asked about the boot.img, I apologize for any confusion
Ahh! Too late. I just lost root and that's ok. I'm not worried. I'll reflash Magisk but is it safe to flash Magisk.zip instead of the patched boot.img? What I did was flash the custom kernel via fastboot then I flashed TWRP 3.6.2_11-0 by selecting "flash current TWRP" in TWRP. While I'm making a backup, my phone still restarts. Flashing TWRP didn't solve the issue. Is it because I didn't reflash Magisk yet or is it something else?

@Electimon
Could you tell me why I'm having the issue?

Update: Now I know why I'm having the issue. It's a data partition that causes the issue. I made a backup of other partitions except data and it went well. I'm gonna uninstall certain apps then make a backup of data again. I'm back. I uninstalled certain apps and the issue still persisted. I gave up, so I rescued my phone. I rooted it again by flashing Magisk 25.1.zip via TWRP and it went well. Thank you for trying to help me.

Last edited:

Kalel88

Jun 30, 2022
Any ideas on how to flash twrp after booting twrp.img? Would you flash the twrp.img file in twrp or is there a twrp.zip file to use? Also do I have to install to ramdisk?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=w300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Don't switch slots unless you know Slot B is filled!

Instructions
    • fastboot boot RECOVERY.img
    Downloads
    https://1pwn.ixmoe.com/android/osaka/twrp-3.6.2_11.0-BETA-V3.img

Contributors
    @Electimon, @sosthenisRR

Version Information
    SourceCode: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Release Date: November 12 2021

Last Updated: 6/14/2022

2/2/2022:
    Fixed bootctrl and micro sd support

6/14/2022:
    Merged 3.6.2 sources
    Just picked this phone up on the cheap and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the development scene grow!
    Don't worry, 2 roms are on the way, I hope you guys like Android 12 :)
    Where the roms had enough of this stock B's lol
    Been pushed to early Christmas, I have midterms todo.
    How is the ROM development coming..no rush just curious. And has anybody tried putting a custom boot animation/logo I ended up having to 911 my phone after flashing a file thru twrp
    Preparing for release by the end of the month.
    Removed download link because people can't read that slot switching is broken and still decide they want to try it...