Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.6.2-12_1 for Denver/Osaka

Search This thread

dagey

Aug 16, 2017
IN
Moto G 5G Plus
Moto G 5G
Please connect your phone to your PC and see if the 9008 mode shows in device manager, you most likely switched slots without flashing copy partitions
Hello:

Thank you for your response. I have it connected to the PC, but honestly I cannot tell if the phone is on as the screen remains constantly black. I did not see anything with a 9008 in the device manager but I can try to ensure the phone is powered on and do it again.

If this is what I've done, what would be the procedure to resolve this?

Thanks again and I will try again while trying to ensure the phone has time to "power on" and connect.

csr.werkz

May 12, 2022
Don't worry, 2 roms are on the way, I hope you guys like Android 12 :)
i think im gonna miss out on them, i tried to unlock the bootloader but for some reason motorola is not validating my code (oem get_unlock_data), made sure it was one string, i have the xt2131dl variant, oem unlock and usb debugging are switched on, using the most recent sdk's, ive installed twrp on previous phones like g fast, g pro, before, and had no issue... im stuck at the moment, any ideas? maybe because is the "ratfone" version?

Electimon

Recognized Developer
i think im gonna miss out on them, i tried to unlock the bootloader but for some reason motorola is not validating my code (oem get_unlock_data), made sure it was one string, i have the xt2131dl variant, oem unlock and usb debugging are switched on, using the most recent sdk's, ive installed twrp on previous phones like g fast, g pro, before, and had no issue... im stuck at the moment, any ideas? maybe because is the "ratfone" version?
Yeah TracFone variants can't be unlocked

BLeAk11

Jun 10, 2018
i guess because I'm unclear as to how exactly I'm supposed to flash it. I understand there's no recovery partition anymore, I understand you now have to boot the twrp.img with fastboot, however, even after 'installing to ramdisk' TWRP doesn't stick after a fastboot reboot recovery and system reboot... so is the installation of the custom kernel necessary for all of this to work? is that, the part I'm not getting? and thank you for your development on this device Electimon
So is no one willing to help?

Camadams1179!

Mar 16, 2022
2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=w300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Don't switch slots unless you know Slot B is filled!

Instructions
  • fastboot boot RECOVERY.img
Downloads
https://1pwn.ixmoe.com/android/osaka/twrp-3.6.0_11.0-BETA-V2.img

Contributors
@Electimon, @sosthenisRR

Version Information
SourceCode: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
Release Date: November 12 2021

Last Updated: 2/2/2022

2/2/2022:
Fixed bootctrl and micro sd support
Any progress for XT-2211-2 Moto G Stylus 2022 (Non 5g) or this this just not a device people would typically put time in? Thanks, Cam :)

rein013

Oct 21, 2012
True but this gsi 12 rom i found is stable...
working...
data 5g too
in call sounds, mic
camera video photos
fingerprint scanner
gps
Bluetooth
wifi
volume controls
headphone jack
flashlight
youtube
bonus
micgro g preinstalled
spoof signature enabled
twist to open camera gesture
system ui turner preinstalled

not working
cant make calls or text unless on 2g
(only)

so i can fix the volte issue with root and r/w access

theres a superuser app preinstalled but i cant update it to get temp root...

i dont wanna give up on a solid 12 rom...
cant make calls yeah ouch did you ever find a resolution for this issue? and noob here so if you already answered i'm still reading and i'm using the 2131-1 boost/att variant how about you? and yeah the download link for the 12? thanks...

Reactions: Electimon

DrMacabre68

Dec 11, 2019
Hello, i'm trying to flash the img but i get this error "Image size exceeds partition limits"

On google it says i should get an older img so i'm kinda lost here.

koyo

Nov 12, 2015
Redmi 9
Apparently people here are able to flash GSIs while having TWRP but I can't seem to. Whenever I flash the Sekiyama kernel, it results in my phone saying "There is no valid OS and so the phone will not boot" (A bit of memory here, not the exact phrase). I can boot into GSIs with TWRP not installed, but it all goes to hell when I install the kernel.

Using the LOS recovery takes away the touch capability so the kernel is clearly necessary to have a custom recovery.

I install the GSIs using fastboot, and that requires me to delete the product_a partition, so I wonder if this has something to do with it. Is it perhaps important to keep that partition? Should I install the GSI via TWRP instead of fastboot?

Kalel88

Jun 30, 2022
I got your TWRP installed on my XT2131-1 MetroPCS and flashed magisk via TWRP. It works great but my only problem is that the touchscreen doesn't work in the TWRP recovery.. I had to plug in a mouse/keyboard to use TWRP and install magisk. Can you help me out on figuring out how to get the recovery touchscreen to work please?

d3f4lt99

Oct 20, 2020
I got your TWRP installed on my XT2131-1 MetroPCS and flashed magisk via TWRP. It works great but my only problem is that the touchscreen doesn't work in the TWRP recovery.. I had to plug in a mouse/keyboard to use TWRP and install magisk. Can you help me out on figuring out how to get the recovery touchscreen to work please?
Much as stated earlier in the thread the custom kernel fixes it

Top Liked Posts

I tried to boot the file and the Motorola logo came up and sent me back to bootloader lol im using a xt2131-1 on a12 I tried the a11 version and it at least booted but it wouldn't mount storage because its for a11 lol.. thanks a bunch for the development but could i get some advise? :D
    Today I will release TWRP for Android 12
    You don't have to flash a kernel if you have a keyboard and mouse to plug into the phone. The stock kernel doesn't have the tools to make touchscreen work
    Actually, I am using the stock kernel and my touchscreen is working just fine with this recovery. Of course, I did edit the recovery and add my own tweaks to it to get it to work but nonetheless, stock kernel isn't the issue... It's the recovery...
    thanks for the recovery, works great. :)
    Your welcome :)
    I figured out a way to prevent a brick if u use slot b basically the problem is that slot b doesnt have a bootloader this is the reason of the brick there never was a OTA that used slot b it went over slot a instead by using the stock bootloader and setting the active slot to b from fastboot then flashng the bootloader.img over problem sloved no worries about a brick I learn this the hard way as I bricked my phone selecting slot b and I had the fun taking it apart and short the phone to get it to go into 9008 mode that really wasnt hard using a paperclip I am going to see if I can make some changes to fix some of the issues with TWRP once thats solid off to try and write a workable lineageos for this
    I tried to boot the file and the Motorola logo came up and sent me back to bootloader lol im using a xt2131-1 on a12 I tried the a11 version and it at least booted but it wouldn't mount storage because its for a11 lol.. thanks a bunch for the development but could i get some advise? :D
    2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=w300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Don't switch slots unless you know Slot B is filled!

Instructions
    • fastboot boot RECOVERY.img
    Downloads
    https://1pwn.ixmoe.com/android/osaka/twrp-3.6.2_12.1-BETA-V1.img

Contributors
    @Electimon, @sosthenisRR

Version Information
    SourceCode: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Status: Beta | If touch doesn't appear to work please turn screen off and back on, thank you!
    Release Date: November 12 2021

Last Updated: 9/124/2022

2/2/2022:
    Fixed bootctrl and micro sd support

6/14/2022:
    Merged 3.6.2 sources

9/24/2022:
    Rebase on Android 12
    Just picked this phone up on the cheap and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the development scene grow!
    Don't worry, 2 roms are on the way, I hope you guys like Android 12 :)
    Where the roms had enough of this stock B's lol
    Been pushed to early Christmas, I have midterms todo.
    How is the ROM development coming..no rush just curious. And has anybody tried putting a custom boot animation/logo I ended up having to 911 my phone after flashing a file thru twrp
    Preparing for release by the end of the month.
    Removed download link because people can't read that slot switching is broken and still decide they want to try it...