Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.6.2-12_1 for Denver/Osaka

Search This thread

jay16509

Feb 18, 2011
OK, now to figure out how to flash the recovery image. It's been since the LG G3 that I last did any rom/recovery flashing. I've got my Moto G Stylus 5g rooted with Magisk, but no recovery image. Are there any good guides on here for flashing the TWRP recovery.

oOde3zNu7zOo

Aug 18, 2022
I just got this device and rooted via magisk. Fortunately, today I realized I was previously in the wrong Moto G Stylus forum. Mine is an XT2131 so I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place now. Is this the correct twrp for me? I believe so, but just wanted to double check. Also, am I correct in my understanding that I'm only to flash it to slot A? Some advice would really be great. Thanks.

Reactions: Kalel88

Kalel88

Jun 30, 2022
So is there a reason why my ram use is so high after installing twrp/kernel/magisk? It's at like 80%+ and apps close when I open another app. If I'm casting to my tv and I want to open the other app, the ram shoots up and the casting app closes. How should I fix the high ram issue

jpearson82

Apr 28, 2019
It does work if you have r/w access.
I do. There is a script to gain r/w access called "superpack"..
If you don't want r/w access there is a magisk module that can change it but only with specified boot animations.

That's why we want our own boot animations.,
Gain RW access like we do...
Is there a script that works for android 12?

You don't have to flash a kernel if you have a keyboard and mouse to plug into the phone. The stock kernel doesn't have the tools to make touchscreen work
Actually, I am using the stock kernel and my touchscreen is working just fine with this recovery. Of course, I did edit the recovery and add my own tweaks to it to get it to work but nonetheless, stock kernel isn't the issue... It's the recovery...

Kalel88

Jun 30, 2022
Actually, I am using the stock kernel and my touchscreen is working just fine with this recovery. Of course, I did edit the recovery and add my own tweaks to it to get it to work but nonetheless, stock kernel isn't the issue... It's the recovery...
Please share how you did it, this would save us all time and be better for OTA updates

Please share how you did it, this would save us all time and be better for OTA updates

I replaced the kernel with the stock kernel, I edited the shell script to load the modules for the touchscreen, charger, and pen, I added the modules from stock rom, I edited the cmdline for the whole thing also... If you'd like I can send you a backup of my boot.img if you'd like to try it. No guarantee it'll work the same for you as it does for me.

Starchild2k

Mar 3, 2011
Springfield,IL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I figured out a way to prevent a brick if u use slot b basically the problem is that slot b doesnt have a bootloader this is the reason of the brick there never was a OTA that used slot b it went over slot a instead by using the stock bootloader and setting the active slot to b from fastboot then flashng the bootloader.img over problem sloved no worries about a brick I learn this the hard way as I bricked my phone selecting slot b and I had the fun taking it apart and short the phone to get it to go into 9008 mode that really wasnt hard using a paperclip I am going to see if I can make some changes to fix some of the issues with TWRP once thats solid off to try and write a workable lineageos for this

Reactions: ragarcia87

YTxIcyModz420

Sep 6, 2021
I tried to boot the file and the Motorola logo came up and sent me back to bootloader lol im using a xt2131-1 on a12 I tried the a11 version and it at least booted but it wouldn't mount storage because its for a11 lol.. thanks a bunch for the development but could i get some advise? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: jpearson82

Top Liked Posts

I tried to boot the file and the Motorola logo came up and sent me back to bootloader lol im using a xt2131-1 on a12 I tried the a11 version and it at least booted but it wouldn't mount storage because its for a11 lol.. thanks a bunch for the development but could i get some advise? :D
    Today I will release TWRP for Android 12
    You don't have to flash a kernel if you have a keyboard and mouse to plug into the phone. The stock kernel doesn't have the tools to make touchscreen work
    thanks for the recovery, works great. :)
    Your welcome :)
    I figured out a way to prevent a brick if u use slot b basically the problem is that slot b doesnt have a bootloader this is the reason of the brick there never was a OTA that used slot b it went over slot a instead by using the stock bootloader and setting the active slot to b from fastboot then flashng the bootloader.img over problem sloved no worries about a brick I learn this the hard way as I bricked my phone selecting slot b and I had the fun taking it apart and short the phone to get it to go into 9008 mode that really wasnt hard using a paperclip I am going to see if I can make some changes to fix some of the issues with TWRP once thats solid off to try and write a workable lineageos for this
    2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg=w300

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Don't switch slots unless you know Slot B is filled!

Instructions
    • fastboot boot RECOVERY.img
    Downloads
    https://1pwn.ixmoe.com/android/osaka/twrp-3.6.2_12.1-BETA-V1.img

Contributors
    @Electimon, @sosthenisRR

Version Information
    SourceCode: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Status: Beta | If touch doesn't appear to work please turn screen off and back on, thank you!
    Release Date: November 12 2021

Last Updated: 9/124/2022

2/2/2022:
    Fixed bootctrl and micro sd support

6/14/2022:
    Merged 3.6.2 sources

9/24/2022:
    Rebase on Android 12
    Just picked this phone up on the cheap and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing the development scene grow!
    Don't worry, 2 roms are on the way, I hope you guys like Android 12 :)
    Where the roms had enough of this stock B's lol
    Been pushed to early Christmas, I have midterms todo.
    How is the ROM development coming..no rush just curious. And has anybody tried putting a custom boot animation/logo I ended up having to 911 my phone after flashing a file thru twrp
    Preparing for release by the end of the month.
    Removed download link because people can't read that slot switching is broken and still decide they want to try it...