[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.7.0 for 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510]

Search This thread

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Hello All,

We just received a donation of about 300 Samsung SM-T515 tablets that were used in a national survey last year to use our a different survey. About 70 of these were locked by users with google ID, I have tried Factory Reset but got the message "Your phone was factory reset. Enter your PIN to unlock it." Unfortunately, we are not able to get these PINs, how can I bypass this? I have tried reloading the ROM with ODIN3 but am still getting back to the same screen. I can't unlock OEM as it requires login into the tablet first? Any help from here the great people here?
You can't bypass the FRP lock anymore. Your best bet is to contact Samsung tech support at 1-800-samsung

Reactions: waluq

Sage

Dec 12, 2005
AU
Xiaomi Mi 11
not sure what went wrong for me.. was on LOS 17 with twrp 3.4.0.0. Flashed the img file through TWRP then rebooted to recovery.

Though now bootlooping with the "Tablet Bootloader is unlocked and its software can't be verified - Press power button to continue"

That message was already coming up prior to the flash though that didnt stop LOS and TWRP from working perfectly before this flash..

Cant get to fastboot or any recovery.. (oh oh)..

Assume i need to wait till it runs out of power so i can get to Fastboot.. then ill do Odin OEM and start again..

right now i cant even turn it off..

testUser89

May 3, 2022
To get out of bootlooping: Hold Vol+ and Vol- together, then connect USB to a computer and hold both keys until you are back into the download mode. There is a thread on here with a more detailed explanation.

Your problem is most likely due to the fact that the TWRP version you installed does not match the OEM kernel version. (This could be explained better in the OP). Solutions are:

1. Install an old TWRP version which matches your kernel version.
2. Update the kernel source by installing the newest OEM stock version first, then installing newest (and fitting) TWRP and your custom rom afterwards.

• Love
Reactions: Sage

Sage

Dec 12, 2005
AU
Xiaomi Mi 11
To get out of bootlooping: Hold Vol+ and Vol- together, then connect USB to a computer and hold both keys until you are back into the download mode. There is a thread on here with a more detailed explanation.

Your problem is most likely due to the fact that the TWRP version you installed does not match the OEM kernel version. (This could be explained better in the OP). Solutions are:

1. Install an old TWRP version which matches your kernel version.
2. Update the kernel source by installing the newest OEM stock version first, then installing newest (and fitting) TWRP and your custom rom afterwards.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you.

karlmei

May 11, 2013
Thx for you great work. Latest TWRP was installed on my Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) by Odin. It starts but always in portrait mode instead of landscape mode. Any idea what went wrong?

Last edited:

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
helllo
it caused falure on my sm-t515 lte version
after flashing twrp
odin said failed
then tab now on download mode with an error has occured while updating the device software
use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software

massivekind

Aug 10, 2012
My first rule 'have the stock files, so if I funked up something I can revert back and start from scratch'

So you need to flash the stock files and start again 🤔

I believe you can download the stock file from here.

moresat

Mar 26, 2013
Germany
Google Pixel 6
I got the SM-T515 and it is running on android 11 with firmware T510XXU5CUJ1. The strange thing is that I have also the twrp-3.6.0_11-1. How can be possible? I can't remember haw I did it.... I bought another Tab A SM-T515, same firmware but I'm not more able to install the TWRP again. I'm goin crazy. Can somebody help please?
edit: I must correct myself. I tried again with different cable and I did it. Now is all okay.
Somewere I read that it is not possible to install TWRP on systems running Android 11 but I did it

Last edited:

Straatkat

Apr 3, 2019
I thought that at first when I got in this state with my SM-T510 during development, but it's really just a matter of getting the timing down. You need to hold the Power + Vol Down for exactly 7 seconds and then switch to Vol Up + Vol Down as it's restarting. Might take a few tries.

Too late. It's gone. Been looking for an excuse to drop the SM-T515 for a while now and you just gave it to me. A link to the device tree is still posted, though, if you want to give it a go yourself.
Magendanz is correct as it really just a matter of timing. Took three tries here on a SM-T515 that was stuck on the TWRP slash screen. I was able to get into the boot loader mode and flash the factory firmware using Odin. Thank you Magendanz.

Reactions: Magendanz

BatZzn

Nov 20, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Meh its so frustrating. The latest TWRP cant be instlled with latest avaiable ROM für SM-T510. I got always errors in Odin when i try to flash AP...

ROM is T510XXU5CVB1. Latest avaiable from Frija

EDIT: Nevermind, it was the wrong Cable / USB Port...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Magendanz and Sage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp-featured.jpg

After @geiti94 and @ianmacd started the ball rolling for the Samsung Galaxy S10 series (Exynos 9820), it was really only a matter of time until we could do the same for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (Exynos 7904). The kernel source was released last May, allowing me to build a custom kernel with many of the problematic Knox security features disabled. What's posted below is a work in progress, but it should suffice to unblock efforts to build custom ROMs for this impressive tablet.

Notes:
    • The current process requires you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
    • Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and rely on the latest posted kernel source (T510XXU5CWA1).
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Not working:
    • Support for file-based encryption

Downloads:
    Build archives:

Change Log:
    v3.7.0_11-0 (20230330):
    • Updated to T510XXU5CWA1 OEM stock kernel.
    v3.7.0_11-0 (20221102):
    v3.6.2_11-0 (20220905):
    v3.6.1_11-1:
    • Minor update to incorporate fix from TWRP repo.
    v3.6.1_11-0:
    v3.6.0_11-2:
    • Updated to T510XXU5CUL1 posted kernel source.
    v3.6.0_11-1:
    • Updated to T510XXU5CUJ1 posted kernel source.
    • Updated to TWRP 3.6.0 release built from aosp-11 branch.
    v3.5.2_9-0:
    • Updated to T510XXU5CUF4 posted kernel source.
    v3.5.2_9-0:
    v3.5.1_9-0:
    • Updated to T510XXU4BUA1 posted kernel source.
    • Updated to TWRP 3.5.1 release built from omni-9.0 branch.
    v3.5.0_9-0:
    • Updated to T510XXU3BTK1 posted kernel source.
    • Updated to TWRP 3.5.0 release built from omni-9.0 branch.
    v3.4.0-0:
    • Updated to TWRP v3.4.0 source
    • Updated to latest custom kernel
    v3.3.1-7:
    v3.3.1-6:
    • Switched to .img file for installation from TWRP
    v3.3.1-5:
    • Fixed hang on splash with encrypted user data partition
    • Added OTA update (.zip) for installation from TWRP
    v3.3.1-4:
    • Fixed MTP support in a way that supports Magisk
    v3.3.1-3:
    • Fixed MTP support
    • Included boot image with custom kernel
    • Deprecated separate NoKnox releases
    v3.3.1-2:
    • Changed system partition mount point to /system_root
    • Fixed screen brightness control
    • Restored screen timeout

Instructions:
    From OEM stock firmware:
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install TWRP to AP with Odin
    • Hold Power & Vol Up buttons during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Install latest Multidisabler from TWRP
    • Wipe->Format Data
    • Reboot to system
    From existing TWRP install: (No need for data wipe.)
    • Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install->Install Image, select your image (.img) file, pick Recovery partition, and then swipe to install
    • Reboot to system

What about rooting with Magisk?
    These images are not supplied pre-rooted with Magisk, since it's against the terms of use laid out by Magisk's developer, John Wu. To root the TWRP image yourself, simply use Magisk Manager to Select and Patch a File. More details on this process are available from @ianmacd's topic for the Galaxy S10 series here.

Source:

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    Hello.
    Source code of SM-T510 Android 10
    T510XXU3BTFN
    on https://opensource.samsung.com/uploadSearch
    ...and we just got a new drop of the AOSP 10 GSI. Please stand by...
    New build just posted...

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    v3.7.0_11-0 (20230330):
    • Updated to T510XXU5CWA1 OEM stock kernel.
    Just a quick update: Samsung posted the T515XXS3ASK5 source last night, so I expect T510XXS2ASK5 to follow soon. When that happens, I'll update TWRP for both the SM-T510 and SM-T515.
    As soon as kernel source is posted for T515XXS4ATE3, I'll post that too.

Downloads:
    SM-T510:

Change Log:
    v3.4.0-0:
    • Updated to TWRP v3.4.0 source