What's posted below is a work in progress, but it should suffice to unblock efforts to build custom ROMs for this low-cost tablet. My thanks to @mehanik6 for blazing this trail on 4PDA.
- The current process requires you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
- This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.
- Support for file-based encryption
- Updated to TWRP 3.6.1 release built from AOSP-11 branch.
- Updated to T290XXU3CUK4 OEM stock kernel.
- Using FFS MTP so that custom kernel builds are no longer necessary.
- Added wipeingui for ext4 partitions.
- Updated to T290XXU3CUG4 posted kernel source.
- Updated to T290XXU3BUC1 posted kernel source.
- Updated to TWRP 3.5.2 release built from android-9.0 branch.
- Updated to T290XXU3BUB2 posted kernel source.
- Updated to TWRP 3.5.1 release built from android-9.0 branch.
- Updated to T290XXU3BTI2 posted kernel source.
- Updated to TWRP 3.5.0 release built from android-9.0 branch.
- New custom T290XXS3ATC1 kernel that actually fixes MTP support.
- Included legacy aboot and vaultkeeper in tarball to allow Odin flash on Android 10 OEM firmware.
- Initial release based on @mehanik6's device tree and T290UES3ATC1 kernel.
- Fixed MTP
- Default language is now English
From OEM stock firmware:
- Unlock bootloader
- Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
- Install TWRP to AP with Odin
- Hold Power & Vol Up buttons during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Install latest Multidisabler that preserves encryption from TWRP
- Wipe->Format Data
- Reboot to system
- Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Tap Install->Install Image, select your image (.img) file, pick Recovery partition, and then swipe to install
- Reboot to system
What about rooting with Magisk?
- Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.