Yes, I do have exactly the same problem.
play, I see now.Hey, I think there is some confusion on my part. Please see my questions below.
1. I am taking the AP file (which is in .tar format) and patching it via Magisk. Correct?
2. What do you mean Rename patched image as "boot.img"? Because Magisk patches it as a .tar file for me?
2. Are you saying just to package the "pactched.img"? And then install that via odin?
Thanks for detailed explanation! I wasn't using the .img file. But even now after I try to flash the patched boot.img my tablet keeps bootlooping.play, I see now.
1. Unpackage the "boot.img" file from the "AP" archive.
2. patch the "boot.img" file with magisk
3. Rename the patched boot image to "boot.img".
4. Package with 7zip in .tar
5. Flash it via Odin in the AP slot.
6. With the booted tablet, you can install the magisk app.
Tell me if it works for you
Ugh, i patched the whole AP and now my tab is just black. Cant turn it on/off reset, download mode.....nothing. any ideas?
Yep, you've got to discharge the battery so that it will do a cold start when you reconnect the USB cable. At that point, the bootloader should detect the Vol Up + Vol Down buttons and get you to Download mode.
Maybe discharging through a usb attached peripheral like a fan/light might speed up the process... otherwise it will feel like looking at a rock to grow
That happened to me when I first starting developing TWRP on this device, and I had to wait a week for the battery to die. After then, just plug it into a USB cable connected to your PC while holding Vol Up & Down to enter Download mode and flash the latest OEM firmware release.
I am so delighted to see that there is major development for this device.
- What's posted below is a work in progress, but it should suffice to unblock efforts to build custom ROMs for this impressive tablet.
- This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.
- Support for metadata encryption (which causes mounting errors in log)
- MTP doesn't start until you disable and reenable in the Mount panel
From OEM stock firmware:
From existing TWRP install: (No need for data wipe.)
- Unlock bootloader
- Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
- Install TWRP to AP with Odin
- Hold Power & Vol Up buttons during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Tap Install->Install Image, select your image (.img) file, pick Recovery partition, and then swipe to install
- Reboot to Recovery
What about rooting with Magisk?
- Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.