Unofficial TWRP 3.7.0 For Galaxy A42 5G
*I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. *Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery before flashing it! *YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
- Android 12 support
- Decryption support
- You tell me.
- A42 5G: Download
How to install
- Make sure your bootloader is already unlocked and OEM unlock is enabled, otherwise the installation will fail.
- Download and install Samsung Drivers
- Download the latest *.tar for your phone
- Download Odin, from example from https://downloads.corsicanu.ro/samsung/
- If not done before, flash disabled VBMeta with Odin in AP or CP slot (originally posted here).
- Turn off your phone, connect it to PC and reboot to download mode by holding down Volume up, Volume down and power button at the same time.
- Open Odin and check if your device is detected, then untick "Autoreboot" in its settings.
- Put the tar file you downloaded into the AP tab
- Click start and wait for the installation to finish, Odin will show PASS
- Now hold down Power button and Volume down for about 10 seconds to force reboot the device
- Immediately after the screen goes black release the keys and hold down Volume up and Power button at the same time until you enter TWRP (You may need to release the keys after about 20-30secs due to the "unlocked bootloader" warning)
- If you properly followed all the steps you should now see the TWRP menu.
- I HIGHLY recommend to flash multidisabler and services disabler right after you enter TWRP to disable forced encryption and stock recovery restoration.
DONATE To Me
- A42 5G: https://github.com/TARKZiM/twrp_android_device_samsung_a42xq
- Kernel: https://github.com/TARKZiM/android_kernel_samsung_sm7225