[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.x for One X+ International

Search This thread

aureljared

May 2, 2013
jared.gq
Use this recovery at your own risk.
Got bored and built TWRP 3 from Omni's 6.0 branch. Thought I'd share with you all.

-----

Working
  • ZIP flashing
  • Wipe
  • Backup/restore
  • Sideload
  • OTG mount
  • etc

Bugs
  • Battery level does not work (stuck at 66%)
  • ADB sometimes does not work if you reattach USB (usually after sideloading)
  • Encrypted backups do not work
  • Boot/recovery image flashing does not work (need S-OFF for that)

Untested
  • SELinux is permissive in this recovery, not sure how that will affect ROM flashing (if at all)
  • Decrypt /data
  • Backup/restore using ADB
  • F2FS

Download
twrp-3.1.1-0-enrc2b.img (20170623)
Do not ask for new builds. My build machine broke so I wouldn't be able to build anyway :-/

Installation
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-enrc2b.img

Credits
  • Lloir (device tree)
  • OmniROM

Source code

Last edited:

aureljared

May 2, 2013
jared.gq
Note regarding TWRP builds:

Building TWRP 3.x from source spits out a ~9MB image, which is unusable because the HOX+ recovery partition is only 8MB.
The workaround I used was to compile TWRP with a kernel that supports xz/lzma ramdisks, then recompress the ramdisk via "xz --format=lzma -9". This yields a final image with a size of around 7MB, which we can actually flash.
I have no idea how to make the TWRP source tree compress the ramdisk using xz automatically, so if anyone has any idea on how to do that besides making a build script, that would be great. :good:

Last edited:

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Battery level needs a fix in the ram disk. I think there’s a fix in one of my trees for it.

F2FS needs kernel support in rom too if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aureljared

May 2, 2013
jared.gq
Battery level needs a fix in the ram disk. I think there’s a fix in one of my trees for it.

F2FS needs kernel support in rom too if I remember correctly.

Thanks, will look into the battery level when I have time. :good:
Tested F2FS some time ago with TWRP 2.8.7.0 and my F2FS-enabled kernel on your 12.1 ROM but the partition does not mount. Will test again once an F2FS-enabled ROM is available.

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009

Tested F2FS some time ago with TWRP 2.8.7.0 and my F2FS-enabled kernel on your 12.1 ROM but the partition does not mount. Will test again once an F2FS-enabled ROM is available.

F2FS won’t work because of S-ON. Already tried to resize the file system to enable more space for recovery/kernel but due to S-ON, no can do.

Reactions: aureljared

aureljared

May 2, 2013
jared.gq
F2FS won’t work because of S-ON. Already tried to resize the file system to enable more space for recovery/kernel but due to S-ON, no can do.

Wow, didn't know S-ON affected F2FS too. HTC phones are more complicated than I thought. Thanks for the info!

Tmobilefan906

Apr 1, 2016
Will this work for evitare?

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Where can I find roms for the evitare? I had an evita(XL) some years back, and I know that some similar evita roms were flash able. What about this evitare?

aureljared

May 2, 2013
jared.gq
Will this work for evitare?
Not sure, the kernel in this recovery was built for enrc2b.
But if I remember correctly, the only difference between the two is that evitare has LTE while enrc2b only has HSPA+, so maybe you can try it out?

Where can I find roms for the evitare? I had an evita(XL) some years back, and I know that some similar evita roms were flash able. What about this evitare?
The threads in this forum usually have the tag 'enrc2b' or 'evitareul' in the title. Maybe you can try searching for them?

Tmobilefan906

Apr 1, 2016
But if I remember correctly, the only difference between the two is that evitare has LTE while enrc2b only has HSPA+, so maybe you can try it out?

The threads in this forum usually have the tag 'enrc2b' or 'evitareul' in the title. Maybe you can try searching for them?
Yea...I searched...but threads are so old and hardly anyone comments anymore. Lol

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

I got a couple pre-released HTC one X's on eBay. I fastboot getvar all and got codename evitare_ul on output

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Wouldn't I flash the evita... XL roms?

aureljared

May 2, 2013
jared.gq
I got a couple pre-released HTC one X's on eBay. I fastboot getvar all and got codename evitare_ul on output

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Wouldn't I flash the evita... XL roms?

evitare_ul is One X+ (in the US and Canada).
It comes with a Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset and an LTE modem.

enrc2b / endeavor_c2 is One X+ (outside the US and Canada).
It comes with a Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset too, but does not have an LTE modem.

evita is One XL (in the US and Canada) or One X (outside the US and Canada).
It comes with a Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Plus chipset. It has an LTE modem.

As you can see, they have different internals. This recovery is for enrc2b / endeavor_c2.
You should flash ROMs that match your device's internals.

Last edited:

Tmobilefan906

Apr 1, 2016
evitare_ul is One X+ (in the US and Canada).
It comes with a Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset and an LTE modem.

enrc2b / endeavor_c2 is One X+ (outside the US and Canada).
It comes with a Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset too, but does not have an LTE modem.

evita is One XL (in the US and Canada) or One X (outside the US and Canada).
It comes with a Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Plus chipset. It has an LTE modem.

As you can see, they have different internals. This recovery is for enrc2b / endeavor_c2.
You should flash ROMs that match your device's internals.
Yes. I know. Let me rephrase my question. Since I am s off, which ruu's can I flash?

Elmarigo

Jun 13, 2014
Hello! I just installed this TWRP version and noticed that MTP isn't working anymore. MTP is working with LLoir's build and the last official build (while the official build are useless because the touchscreen isn't working there..).

Last edited:

Elmarigo

Jun 13, 2014
It's ok. The phone finally rests in peace, after starting to reboot every 30 seconds, no matter which firmware or reset I put on there. Thank you four your work so far :)

Reactions: aureljared

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use this recovery at your own risk.
    Got bored and built TWRP 3 from Omni's 6.0 branch. Thought I'd share with you all.

-----

Working
    • ZIP flashing
    • Wipe
    • Backup/restore
    • Sideload
    • OTG mount
    • etc

Bugs
    • Battery level does not work (stuck at 66%)
    • ADB sometimes does not work if you reattach USB (usually after sideloading)
    • Encrypted backups do not work
    • Boot/recovery image flashing does not work (need S-OFF for that)

Untested
    • SELinux is permissive in this recovery, not sure how that will affect ROM flashing (if at all)
    • Decrypt /data
    • Backup/restore using ADB
    • F2FS

Download
    twrp-3.1.1-0-enrc2b.img (20170623)
    Do not ask for new builds. My build machine broke so I wouldn't be able to build anyway :-/

Installation
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-enrc2b.img

Credits
    • Lloir (device tree)
    • OmniROM

Source code
    Note regarding TWRP builds:

Building TWRP 3.x from source spits out a ~9MB image, which is unusable because the HOX+ recovery partition is only 8MB.
    The workaround I used was to compile TWRP with a kernel that supports xz/lzma ramdisks, then recompress the ramdisk via "xz --format=lzma -9". This yields a final image with a size of around 7MB, which we can actually flash.
    I have no idea how to make the TWRP source tree compress the ramdisk using xz automatically, so if anyone has any idea on how to do that besides making a build script, that would be great. :good:

It's ok. The phone finally rests in peace, after starting to reboot every 30 seconds, no matter which firmware or reset I put on there. Thank you four your work so far :)