Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Welcome all Cubot X18 Plus users, This is Lastest TWRP Recovery For your device By TWRPBuilder Team :D

CHANGELOG for 3.2.1-0:
* minui fixes (cryptomilk)
* Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
* Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
* Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
* Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

Downloads

Sources:

Code:
[CENTER][URL="https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_cubot_cubot_x18"][COLOR="bule"]Device tree[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project"][COLOR="bule"]TeamWin Github
[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

How to install:
you must have fastboot installed on your pc and then:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Don't Forget to Hit Thanks :good:

Last edited:

James.Harking

Jul 29, 2016
Thank you kindly for the work to get TWRP working on the X18 Plus! Are new versions of TWRP automatically built now along with all the other versions supported. How has the feedback been on the release?

Reactions: b-castritius

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Thank you kindly for the work to get TWRP working on the X18 Plus! Are new versions of TWRP automatically built now along with all the other versions supported. How has the feedback been on the release?

Yes, a new release is auto-built every month.
Tested by @iNFeRNuSDaRK and confirmed it's working. Except for encryption support.

James.Harking

Jul 29, 2016
Hi all,

I just wanted to post an interesting message from the X18 plus 'forum' regarding the functionality of the TWRP.

Cheers guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HûnSt°rJonnyt

yes, got it successfully running with SP Flash Tool, i couldn't flash it with fastboot.

twrp runs and i could install magisk.

Badly it seems there are some x18 Plus modifications missing in the recovery img

when i want to update the system i get things like

E3004: This package is for CUBOT_X18_Plus devices this is a cubot_x18.

even if try to modify the updater-script to ignore these checks, i fail at least at updating the system partitions, maybe some problems with encryption or file system layouts modifications for x18 plus are missing

Feb 4, 2013
ok i tried to recompile the recovery and tried to find the right parameters but this gets much more confusing, when i try to update to the latest official rom
20180629151027.jpg

Feb 4, 2013
Test the new build (will be uploaded here with today's date in some minutes) and check :D
[Build Progress]

same as with the old build

Edit: ok i see, i think the build wasn't successfull so there where no changes in the .img

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

so i tried more stuff, when reverting back to original recovery i get
E3005: "EMMC:/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/boot:10138528:fcf3cc2d6ac345fa071fb12e409df7234de130cb:10156960:84a65157b0daa69dd9559f7d7b109ad2909e225b" has unexpected contents.

so i think maybe it's an issue with original update and unlocked bootloader, not sure how to understand this. Maybe TWRP is fine and this issue don't come when using custom rom

Last edited:

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
same as with the old build

Edit: ok i see, i think the build wasn't successfull so there where no changes in the .img

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

so i tried more stuff, when reverting back to original recovery i get
E3005: "EMMC:/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/boot:10138528:fcf3cc2d6ac345fa071fb12e409df7234de130cb:10156960:84a65157b0daa69dd9559f7d7b109ad2909e225b" has unexpected contents.

so i think maybe it's an issue with original update and unlocked bootloader, not sure how to understand this. Maybe TWRP is fine and this issue don't come when using custom rom

Well, build errored that's why it's the same.
This error you posted means you have modified boot partition, are you trying to flash an OTA?

FFF40

Jul 3, 2018
Good morning everybody, I tried the new build but i have again the same error "Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument).
Any new?

kamwash

Sep 21, 2015
I ported Philz recovery to x18 plus, got it working, everything works fine except it can't mount /data :(:(

James.Harking

Jul 29, 2016
So just asking asking between TWRP and now Philz recovery being ported is the X18 plus are we in a position where there is a working recovery that can install a GSI so we could use the Project Trebble ROMS? If not then what is the impediment stopping this? I am happy to try and contact Cubot directly if it helps out?

@yshalsager : I saw that you wrote in the other thread that you need the /vendor/etc/fstab.* files. Do you still need these? If I can get some instructions on how to provide these to you I happily will do.

Thanks all for continued work on this phone.

kamwash

Sep 21, 2015
So just asking asking between TWRP and now Philz recovery being ported is the X18 plus are we in a position where there is a working recovery that can install a GSI so we could use the Project Trebble ROMS? If not then what is the impediment stopping this? I am happy to try and contact Cubot directly if it helps out?

@yshalsager : I saw that you wrote in the other thread that you need the /vendor/etc/fstab.* files. Do you still need these? If I can get some instructions on how to provide these to you I happily will do.

The recoveries are working alright, its just an issue with Oreo's force encryption of the data partition (the system automatically encrypts the data partition on 1st boot) if you do a full wipe of /data the encryption is cleared, you'll see TWRP can access it but after first boot its back to encrypted.
As for GSI I guess you can install (haven't had time to test thought), you may need to do a full wipe of /data before you boot the new system.

yshalsager

Recognized Developer

Give this a try and check if force encryption disabled

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77091359&postcount=1

James.Harking

Jul 29, 2016
Hi @kamwash @yshalsager,

Great work guys, could I request for the lurkers on this forum that you might point people to a guide for installing your recoveries? Or conversely write a few lines here if you have a few spare minutes. I think it would help out as other tutorials are not really specific for the X18 plus and people are scarred of bricking their working phones.

Many thanks gents!

Reactions: ChrisPAndry

yshalsager

Recognized Developer
Hi @kamwash @yshalsager,

Great work guys, could I request for the lurkers on this forum that you might point people to a guide for installing your recoveries? Or conversely write a few lines here if you have a few spare minutes. I think it would help out as other tutorials are not really specific for the X18 plus and people are scarred of bricking their working phones.

Many thanks gents!
Install using fastboot
As I already wrote in the first post

How to install:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 For Cubot X18 Plus
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Welcome all Cubot X18 Plus users, This is Lastest TWRP Recovery For your device By TWRPBuilder Team :D

CHANGELOG for 3.2.1-0:
    * minui fixes (cryptomilk)
    * Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
    * Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
    * Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
    * Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

Downloads

Sources:

Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_cubot_cubot_x18"][COLOR="bule"]Device tree[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project"][COLOR="bule"]TeamWin Github
    [/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

How to install:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Don't Forget to Hit Thanks :good:
    I just tested out the official RR GSI from https://xdaforums.com/project-trebl...pment/gsi-resurrection-remix-o-6-1-0-t3811299 on x18_plus everything working okay except MTP, you have to disable adb. And network when using dual SIM is not very stable
    Hi I followed your instructions but no luck. It is still android stock recovery

I've done unlock bootloader and successfully "transfer" and "write" recovery.img but after reboot still not installed.

Any else method to install twrp?

Don't reboot to system after installing the recovery, it will get overwritten with stock recovery. While still in fastboot mode press and hold power + volume up to reboot directly to recovery and flash superSU or magisk or else TWRP will disappear after reboot