[recovery]Unofficial TWRP for G9 PLUS (ODESSA)

Search This thread

ItsAsfar

Sep 19, 2021
IMG_20210923_182813525.jpg

sinho_robo

Sep 5, 2012
I did the installation of mine as per the tutorial in the 1st post and it doesn't require the encryption password and the TWRP is not persistent, I always have to connect to the pc and patch it again to access...

ulox

Jan 4, 2022
Then reboot in TWRP manually or using a fastboot command.
Code:
fastboot boot recovery twrp.img
This command doesn't work, I am using the screen ft8756 and TWRP should be working according to this thread, I saw other people are having issues as well, I think it may be because of the version of android since the issues seem to start appearing after the update to android 11 by Motorola.

What happens precisely is that the flashing seems to work fine (also I have flashed lineage os recovery before, this one working) but once I actually reboot or start the recovery mode the command mentioned fails with the error :
Bash:
$ sudo fastboot boot recovery odessa-twrp-r.21-recovery-works.img
fastboot: error: cannot load 'recovery': No such file or directory

So then I manually start recovery mode either by the command line or from the boodloader and what I see is just a flash in the screen that shows TWRP and then the screen goes completely dark, booting and rebooting into the actual OS works just fine too.

As I was hearing music my player also shows extra sources like devices connected, I noticed that while on android it shows Moto G(9) plus but when I "use" TWRP it shows up as moto G8 plus in my laptop.

Also, as I was tinkering with it a bit I found out I can still use the adb shell in the TWRP recovery mode, and even got it to show a screen by running
Code:
adb reboot fastboot
once I am on android OS, the display works completely, and it is a TWRP screen with the header "Fastboot" and a console like log saying "Entered Fastboot mode..." with two buttons that show and say Enable ADB and Reboot respectively, from here I tried to ADB sideload an ROM, but it didn't work.

Last edited:

X1drx

Jul 19, 2022
hello, I had a problem, after installing twrp and trying to enter it, on the old version (.21) recovery constantly reboots without the ability to start, on the new version (.25) there is an attempt to enter recovery, after which the screen just turns off, please Help

SR007

Jan 11, 2016
It worked with Android 11. All functions did it. I installed a costum rom and backtup my moto rom. But sadly on android 12 costum rom it doesn't work anymore.
But still; nice job 👍

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Features:
    - sdcard
    - Decryption works
    - Otg works
    - F2FS support
    - Fastboot boot command support
    - Fastbootd

Not working:
    - backups
    - other?, you tell me

DANGER:
    - NO SLOT CHANGER (BRICK DEVICE)

Download:

(stableR.25) (LAST)
    (stableR.21)(old)

To Flash the TWRP:
    INSTALL RECOVERY (PERM INSTALL)
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    BOOT RECOVERY (TEMP BOOT)
    Code:
    fastboot boot recovery twrp.img
    Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries (FOR MOTOROLA DEVICES):
    TinyFastbootScript

Source code:
    https://github.com/Teamwin/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/Moto-tree-folders

COFFE:
    Paypal
    Not-working touch screen I'm bypass this issue
    by using PC mouse put USB receiver in phone trough USB-c to USB from Samsung box
    now I'm root with new type of display
    BETAR (R) = BETA

=============================================
    =============== CHANGELOG ================
    =============================================

stable r.25
    update TWRP source to 3.5.1-r10.0 (source for dynamic)

stable r.21
    - fix touch for ft8756 display
    - improve partitions
    fix backups and rework dt

- reduce 67mb to 35mb recovery

stable r1 (final betar )
    - fix Decryption

betar 18 ()
    - fix sdcard
    - Decryption don't works (break for now)

betar 17 (private)
    - private build

betar 16
    - update source code to TWRP 3.5.0_10 (build with - - -OMNI/AOSP 10)

betar 15
    : build fastbootD (install work c:)
    touch work in nova display
    Thank you Sebastian for your efforts.
    I tried this TWRP by "fastboot boot recovery.img" without flashing it.
    Because I'm rooted I checked my sys/class/touchscreen to see if I had a novatek screen.
    NVT-ts
    Novatek_ts
    Thanks for confirming that this was the correct screen Sebastian!
    My display is ft8756
    I'm still working to put that screen to work!