Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A02s (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

Edysilva

Dec 9, 2020
Brasil
Samsung Galaxy A02s
  1. Is the "Galaxy A02s: a02q" a compiled TWRP from the Device tree? How to build it?

2. Whats is vbmeta_disabled.tar exactly?

3. To disable encryption manually, at this point: Can I, with adb shell, edit any file on the cell phone?

4. Do you think it could be flashed with the Heimdall?
the question is ... there is some process of customizing the device because even the oldest or most current there is only this cell phone that has nothing... rooting and continuing with the same custom is something superfluous !!

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
Sorry for bother but, would be nice if you add an option to resize system and install gapps, I'm using a treble lineageOS ROM and there's no enough space for installing gapps, BTW the system is only mounted as read-only, please let it mount as -rw since that also doesn't let me install other gapps, all gapps type were flashed but no one installed since rw permissions, installing ROMs, magisk works great.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Sorry for bother but, would be nice if you add an option to resize system and install gapps, I'm using a treble lineageOS ROM and there's no enough space for installing gapps, BTW the system is only mounted as read-only, please let it mount as -rw since that also doesn't let me install other gapps, all gapps type were flashed but no one installed since rw permissions, installing ROMs, magisk works great.
Will make a flashable zip to do that, give me some time

Reactions: Edysilva

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
Has anyone knows how to flash android on a physical device SAMSUNG A02S. I downloaded the source from Android website for 64bit version of Android 11 - arm64-eng - ran the compilation with command - m -j4 and now files get into folder out/target/product/generic_arm64 - There is a file system.img , I tried to flash using command fastboot flash system system.img , then phone is in boot loop. What to do with the other files in this folder?
Do i need a source tree and if yes how can i make it to the phone :/ In one site they said just fastboot flashall -w for flashing but gives me error. command not found and FAILED.
I thought also for ODIN way but files should be packed in format .tar.md5 and i dont know what to to with all the files in generic_arm64 folder. Someone help ?
You downloaded a GSI build that doesn't meet device requirements imo based on what are you describing, download treble info and check what's the right package you must install, I've installed some GSI build using ARM_A64_bvs types which is the one that fits but I may be wrong and doing installs of wrong images however, hope it works for you.

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
Yes
If possible I would like you to post how you did this process of installing a custom Room on this device...thanks

Using the TWRP in this OP, I realized apart from system partition, there's a vendor, product, odm, so in this case vbmeta must be forced disabled, in order to get TWRP working, just uncheck auto-reboot from Odin and flash vbmeta, reboot download mode again and flash TWRP, flash multidisabler zip, then install any GSI image, use treble info to check the imaged required for this device before flashing any file, backup with TWRP are well broken so download the stock ROM if any case everything goes wrong, don't update binary if there's one more recent, I'm using U2 bootloader.

As I've replied above to Koko7777, he should use a specific build for this device which you can pretty easily see in the quotes made by me by replies, in any case I tell you here you must use a ARM-A64-bvs image to successfully install any GSI Roms, but without touching super partition in TWRP, just system, select install> install IMG> select your GSI ROM, since there's no TWRP with resize option, you must use a systemless workaround for gapps and this is how magisk steps into, install magisk zip using TWRP and then update the magisk, then after download the MagicGapps, these gapps are hosted Sourceforge and then install them as a module in magisk and not at TWRP, you should be done with this, BTW I've was struggling with it since yesterday due that there's no guides for custom roms and some wiki's for GSI explain that us with this device should use a dedicated IMG for ARM32 WITH 64BIT BINDER AND A-ONLY but they seems to be wrongly labeled so this cause I lot of trouble but once you use the treble info app then it comes more easy.

Last edited:

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
Battery last a lot better than stock firmware imo, using LineageOS 18.1 atm.
Screenshot_20211124-104818_Settings.png

Futurama144

Nov 29, 2021
I have the a025u metro variant, carrier locked, and I had heard that I was unable to unlock the bootloader. This morning, I unlocked the bootloader. These instructions should now work on this model, correct?

Attachments

• IMG_20211129_083130.jpg
    IMG_20211129_083130.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20211129_082924.jpg
    IMG_20211129_082924.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63

Futurama144

Nov 29, 2021
Update: just followed instructions precisely, and my metro variant a025u now has fully working TWRP and is rooted. Worked beautifully for being a model with an alleged locked bootloader and not being a supported model as per OP.

so anyone out there with this particular metro variant, go for it!

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Update: just followed instructions precisely, and my metro variant a025u now has fully working TWRP and is rooted. Worked beautifully for being a model with an alleged locked bootloader and not being a supported model as per OP.

so anyone out there with this particular metro variant, go for it!
Nice, you unlocked using U1 firmware?

Futurama144

Nov 29, 2021
Nice, you unlocked using U1 firmware?
Actually, no. I unlocked the U firmware... I don't know how it is that I did it, when it's supposed to be locked, I just turned on the oem unlock in dev options, turned off phone, booted using vol up + vol down + power app at the same time until download mode came up, long pressed vol up to go to bootloader unlock mode, hit yes, and it did it, wiped it, and told me it was a success.... I got the phone in May, and have never been able to do that before. The entire process from beginning to end was completely seamless and smooth. Everything did exactly as it was supposed to with no catches or snags... I'm really baffled, tbh. I've flashed countless phones before, including some with very very tricky and touchy processes, rooted just as many, but I've never had a supposedly locked bootloader just magically have an identity crisis and open like a whore's legs for a muscular millionaire and then firmware not specified for the device worked better for me than it had previously for people whose phones it was intended for...

I'm wondering what the magical combination of variables on my phone caused this delightful miracle...

If there is anything I can provide to you the way of logging or other info that you would like, I am happy to do so.

The only issue I've had at all since booting up and installing over 60 apps has been that BusyBox failed installing to xbin, so I just changed it to bin and worked fine... I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but so far, flawless....

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Actually, no. I unlocked the U firmware... I don't know how it is that I did it, when it's supposed to be locked, I just turned on the oem unlock in dev options, turned off phone, booted using vol up + vol down + power app at the same time until download mode came up, long pressed vol up to go to bootloader unlock mode, hit yes, and it did it, wiped it, and told me it was a success.... I got the phone in May, and have never been able to do that before. The entire process from beginning to end was completely seamless and smooth. Everything did exactly as it was supposed to with no catches or snags... I'm really baffled, tbh. I've flashed countless phones before, including some with very very tricky and touchy processes, rooted just as many, but I've never had a supposedly locked bootloader just magically have an identity crisis and open like a whore's legs for a muscular millionaire and then firmware not specified for the device worked better for me than it had previously for people whose phones it was intended for...

I'm wondering what the magical combination of variables on my phone caused this delightful miracle...

If there is anything I can provide to you the way of logging or other info that you would like, I am happy to do so.

The only issue I've had at all since booting up and installing over 60 apps has been that BusyBox failed installing to xbin, so I just changed it to bin and worked fine... I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but so far, flawless....
A series are less security so no wonder you can unlock lol

paulthecapybara

Nov 30, 2021
Hi there! Newbie here. Is there any chance to make it work to root an A03s (SM-A037M)?

If there isn't, could you recomend me another way? I didn't find anything for this model searching the forum and I don't know how safe is to try methods intended for other A-series devices.

Thank you in advance!

Edysilva

Dec 9, 2020
Brasil
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Changelog:
29/11/2021 - Atualização para TWRP 3.6.0
- Adicionar partições dinâmicas com links simbólicos ao fstab
- Atualizar multidisabler
- limpeza de fstab
20/06/2021 - Lançamento inicial.
My friend, this file has a problem on my device, the display is frozen and it doesn't work...it could be a big one on my device...because it didn't work well on my A02S tks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy A02s A025F, A025M and A025G.

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download Galaxy A02s : a02q.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Support:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram:
    https://t.me/twrp_a_m_series

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @jesec for unlock guide
    @ianmacd for multidisabler
    @CFKod & @Topser99 for testing

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Works perfectly. Thanks man.
    Hello
    I disabled the bootloader and AVB. I installed TWRP with the Odin program. Although PASS appears, the stock recovery menu appears instead of the TWRP menu. What is the reason for this?
    Need to be quick to enter twrp
    Does anyone know if this method works on the sm-a025m version?

thanks
    Yes, read OP next time.
    Has anyone knows how to flash android on a physical device SAMSUNG A02S. I downloaded the source from Android website for 64bit version of Android 11 - arm64-eng - ran the compilation with command - m -j4 and now files get into folder out/target/product/generic_arm64 - There is a file system.img , I tried to flash using command fastboot flash system system.img , then phone is in boot loop. What to do with the other files in this folder?
    Do i need a source tree and if yes how can i make it to the phone :/ In one site they said just fastboot flashall -w for flashing but gives me error. command not found and FAILED.
    I thought also for ODIN way but files should be packed in format .tar.md5 and i dont know what to to with all the files in generic_arm64 folder. Someone help ?
    Build as GSI, if not you need to make device tree.
    I cant help you, search on how to make device tree and compile from source on xda guides