Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A02s (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

kalkay29

Dec 31, 2021
Battery last a lot better than stock firmware imo, using LineageOS 18.1 atm.
View attachment 5466773
Hi, can you share how to get this version of LineageOS 18.1 , I tried to follow your advise to flash GSI rom as per treble app, but the app says to use "system-arm32_binder64-ab.img.xz" , I don't want any 32bit rom though, I really would like a 64bit OS on this. Thanks.

Edit: Did my own little research and this is not possible, from what I understood is that arm64 gsi will require different instruction sets that are not included in a64 gsi, or for that matter a chip with 32 bit bind with 64 bit wrapper, you would have to change the instruction set of your chip to include 64 bit instructions and if this is possible then why bother making any chips, I came across something saying the chip instruction set is set in the factory. So this is a dead end. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Last edited:

Edysilva

Dec 9, 2020
Brasil
Olá, você pode compartilhar como obter esta versão do LineageOS 18.1, eu tentei seguir seu conselho para flash GSI rom de acordo com o aplicativo triplo, mas o aplicativo diz para usar "system-arm32_binder64-ab.img.xz", eu não t quero qualquer 32 bits rom, porém, eu realmente gostaria de um sistema operacional de 64 bits neste. Obriga how to get the custom r flash on this device could you explain?

kalkay29

Dec 31, 2021
Hi, so from what I have gathered so far, any GSI image can be used, I tried to flash a 64bit GSI on this but it caused a bootloop, so you do have to use what treble says, you can have a look at this here for some GSI images I came across, good luck. @Edysilva

Reactions: Edysilva

Edysilva

Dec 9, 2020
Brasil
Olá, pelo que reuni até agora, qualquer imagem GSI pode ser usada. Tentei fazer um flash em um GSI de 64 bits, mas causou um loop de inicialização, então você tem que usar o que o treble diz, você pode dar uma olhada nisso aqui para algumas imagens GSI que encontrei, boa sorte. [USER = 11327951] @Edysilva [/ USER]
thanks for the answer ... my recovery version is not official i'm thinking about using orange fox ..because i couldn't mount vendor and system in twrp

Reactions: kalkay29

wrd069

Jan 4, 2022
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
Galaxy A02s A025F, A025M and A025G.

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader.
2. Download Galaxy A02s : a02q.
3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
6. Disable encryption:
Or:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
8. Reboot to recovery.
9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:

Support:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram:
https://t.me/a11twrp

Bugs:
- Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
@jesec for unlock guide
@ianmacd for multidisabler
@CFKod & @Topser99 for testing

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree
after i follow this tutorial my device is successfully rooted, but i have another problem, my samsung a02s can't use screenlock & face screenlock. when i try to set screen lock, just set screen lock pattern continuously repeatedly

please help me for this problem?
im sorry for my bad english

Edysilva

Dec 9, 2020
Brasil
after i follow this tutorial my device is successfully rooted, but i have another problem, my samsung a02s can't use screenlock & face screenlock. when i try to set screen lock, just set screen lock pattern continuously repeatedly

please help me for this problem?
im sorry for my bad english
olá como você conseguiu

Translated by GT: hello how did you get it

Last edited by a moderator:
I know already ask that but I cant enter TWRP, instead show me Android Revocory. I made something mistake? Just like timing for combo or something else. The previous steps (flash with odin the two files in AP) already made but cant show me the TWRP screen.

Edit: Well I fixed uncheck autoreboot from odin in options

Last edited:
Reactions: kalkay29
Yes

Using the TWRP in this OP, I realized apart from system partition, there's a vendor, product, odm, so in this case vbmeta must be forced disabled, in order to get TWRP working, just uncheck auto-reboot from Odin and flash vbmeta, reboot download mode again and flash TWRP, flash multidisabler zip, then install any GSI image, use treble info to check the imaged required for this device before flashing any file, backup with TWRP are well broken so download the stock ROM if any case everything goes wrong, don't update binary if there's one more recent, I'm using U2 bootloader.

As I've replied above to Koko7777, he should use a specific build for this device which you can pretty easily see in the quotes made by me by replies, in any case I tell you here you must use a ARM-A64-bvs image to successfully install any GSI Roms, but without touching super partition in TWRP, just system, select install> install IMG> select your GSI ROM, since there's no TWRP with resize option, you must use a systemless workaround for gapps and this is how magisk steps into, install magisk zip using TWRP and then update the magisk, then after download the MagicGapps, these gapps are hosted Sourceforge and then install them as a module in magisk and not at TWRP, you should be done with this, BTW I've was struggling with it since yesterday due that there's no guides for custom roms and some wiki's for GSI explain that us with this device should use a dedicated IMG for ARM32 WITH 64BIT BINDER AND A-ONLY but they seems to be wrongly labeled so this cause I lot of trouble but once you use the treble info app then it comes more easy.

I made the steps from install a lineage os from this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi You say the img must be installed without touching super partition...so where need to be installed? Ask because only show me Recovery, other options and Super (System, Vendor)

Edit. Maybe I wrong but only mount system partition, So I understood If i Choose super only made changes in this

Edit. After many hours, I see a02s have dynamic table aka super so flash system isnt available anymore from TWRP, right? I read exist fastbootd but I don see clear the difference between fastbootd and fastboot

Edit. New try. I flash Dynamic Patch. it made available access to system.img inside super. Ok. I see that change in TWRP but when I flash like, a gsi rom 64x, I turn back into a bootloop with lineage os lineage-18.1-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS-vndklite Other generic GSI told me Size of image is larger than targer device (Pixel Experience)

So only works the next rom lineage-18.1-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvS-vndklite.img
Also flash magisk and after install magiskapps via module from for google services but I dont have google services and also always pop-up failed certfied protect from google and the most important

Maybe tomorrow give a few tries more

Attachments

• f1fa2ca0-3b23-4b6c-8800-81729eb219e5.jpg
    f1fa2ca0-3b23-4b6c-8800-81729eb219e5.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Nickman20020

Jul 30, 2019
I followed all the steps in the guide but whenever i try to boot into recovery it boots into stock recovery, I don't know what could've happened, flashing in odin was succesful, can anyone help me please?

betoquin

Mar 9, 2022
Hi everybody!

With this recovery, is it possible to flash a stock rom with a lower binary number?
I updated my SM-A025M via OTA on January (stock rom). Since then, wifi reception range is extremely short, less than a meter. Before update, all seemed to be working fine, so I want to roll back to the previous firmware

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2022
Model
:
SM-A037F (a03snnxx)
Brand
:
samsung
Board
:
hs03s
Bootloader
:
A037FXXU1AVA1
Screen Resolution
:
720 x 1465 pixels
Total RAM
:
2774 MB
Available RAM
:
563 MB
Networks Type
:
null
Internal Storage
:
#
:
Total (٢٣٫٨٣ غيغابايتZygisk)
#
:
Usage (١٥٫٢٧ غيغابايت)

joekp

Feb 28, 2011
Wakeeney
Samsung Galaxy A02s
Any news on if SM-S124DL bootloader can be unlocked?

When I do "adb shell getprop ro.oem_unlock_supported" it returns 1 which to me it means oem unlock should appear. I just bought the phone on Saturday and tried all the time changing tricks and the "OEM Unlock" option won't appear. Right now I'm going to wait 7 days and see if it will appear.

I was also wondering if I would be able to flash a A025F, A025M or A025G firmware with oden and unlock that way?

uriel530

Mar 27, 2022
Hello, I got to step 5, I need to know if someone can help me because I don't know what to do and until now I still have the factory recovery

hola, llegue hasta el paso 5, nesesito saber si alguien me puede ayudar porque no se que hacer y asta los momentos me sigo teniendo la recoery de fabrica

moicanocarlo

Mar 16, 2019
Hi, i have rooted my A02s sm-a025g CSC ITV latest firmware Qualcomm cipset and i have try to install twrp but when i enter in twrp It do not work and even mouse not work help tk

Hello👋 newbie to this sorry to be a bother and ask. I know this model wasn't listed but after reading post of people getting other models not listed I thought I would inquire about my model. I am looking to see if this will work on the SM-A025U1/DS that is the Boost Mobile version of the a02s?

Screenshot_20220516-063610_Settings.jpg Screenshot_20220516-063632_Settings.jpg Screenshot_20220516-063810_Settings.jpg

I appreciate your assistance in answering my question and hope to be able to root this model. I would really like to clear the bloatware out & try to install linage on as another member was able to successfully on the a02s.

Last edited by a moderator:

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Hello👋 newbie to this sorry to be a bother and ask. I know this model wasn't listed but after reading post of people getting other models not listed I thought I would inquire about my model. I am looking to see if this will work on the SM-A025U1/DS that is the Boost Mobile version of the a02s?

View attachment 5615609View attachment 5615611View attachment 5615613

I appreciate your assistance in answering my question and hope to be able to root this model. I would really like to clear the bloatware out & try to install linage on as another member was able to successfully on the a02s.
if you can unlock bootloader then you can flash twrp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy A02s A025F, A025M and A025G.

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download Galaxy A02s : a02q.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
    6. Disable encryption:
    Or:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
    8. Reboot to recovery.
    9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Support:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram:
    https://t.me/a11twrp

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @jesec for unlock guide
    @ianmacd for multidisabler
    @CFKod & @Topser99 for testing

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Works perfectly. Thanks man.
    Hello
    I disabled the bootloader and AVB. I installed TWRP with the Odin program. Although PASS appears, the stock recovery menu appears instead of the TWRP menu. What is the reason for this?
    Need to be quick to enter twrp
    Does anyone know if this method works on the sm-a025m version?

thanks
    Yes, read OP next time.
    Has anyone knows how to flash android on a physical device SAMSUNG A02S. I downloaded the source from Android website for 64bit version of Android 11 - arm64-eng - ran the compilation with command - m -j4 and now files get into folder out/target/product/generic_arm64 - There is a file system.img , I tried to flash using command fastboot flash system system.img , then phone is in boot loop. What to do with the other files in this folder?
    Do i need a source tree and if yes how can i make it to the phone :/ In one site they said just fastboot flashall -w for flashing but gives me error. command not found and FAILED.
    I thought also for ODIN way but files should be packed in format .tar.md5 and i dont know what to to with all the files in generic_arm64 folder. Someone help ?
    Build as GSI, if not you need to make device tree.
    I cant help you, search on how to make device tree and compile from source on xda guides