• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A11 (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

Blombardo

Apr 28, 2015
knowing nothing about any models other than the exact model number - one can be 99.9% sure that it will fail / brick / bootloop if it is not the EXACT same model number.

Fandroid Tech

Jan 23, 2018
Hey everyone, to anybody using the 115m/ds model having their flashing fail or having a boot loop make sure you are on A115MUBU1ATC2 firmware. I am looking for somebody with 28GB of ram so i can do a clean compile of AOSP which can be used as the base for any other roms. For some reason the stock recovery remains when i select recovery in the menu, when i select fastboot it boots into twrp. AFTER ROOTING MAKE SURE NOT TO DISABLE OEM UNLOCK

Edit: tried the GSI rom, camera not working, phone calls have no mic and audio. Decided to flash back my old firmware which i flashed a few times before and guess what?! The the oem unlock option is gone for the next 7 days! I checked if somehow I ****ed up and flashed a locked firmware/bootloader but no, adb confirmed that the OEM is unlockable. Did Samsung just partially lock me out of my own device? How is this even legal.

Last edited:

ceo of casco

Apr 27, 2021
Weird, that is the model I have and I was able to installed twrp just fine. Were you able to fix your problem?
I have the same firmware model and the same brick remains.

MODEL: SM-A115M/DS
FIRMWARE: A115MUBU1ATK6

I will try now with the other firmware (A115MUBU1ATC2) that they advised above and I will update the answer if it goes beyond the brick

There I leave a link to a page with a decent download in case anyone dares to try: https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-A115M?

still in brick state,incidentally when I leave the download mode it returns me to it

IMG_20210509_024233797.jpg

now it served me thanks to the creator of the post, in summary it is to unlock the oem and (developer options) usb debugging, flash the vbmeta disabler file and put it in userdata together with a firmware in odin in their corresponding spaces, then put the usb debugging again and put odin, remove the automatic restart and power and down then comes the black screen and press power and up.

Last edited:

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
I have the same firmware model and the same brick remains.

MODEL: SM-A115M/DS
FIRMWARE: A115MUBU1ATK6

I will try now with the other firmware (A115MUBU1ATC2) that they advised above and I will update the answer if it goes beyond the brick

There I leave a link to a page with a decent download in case anyone dares to try: https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-A115M?

still in brick state,incidentally when I leave the download mode it returns me to it

View attachment 5303903
Flash vbmeta_disable.tar

Reactions: ceo of casco

FrankiIDE

May 15, 2021
Just to be sure..
the files uploaded for the A115M are used (since in the downloads it only says that it is for A115F)
and second from what I understood you must have the device rooted
I would appreciate your answers.

zekromisblack

May 22, 2021
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
Galaxy A11 A115F and A115M.

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader, Disable AVB, S20 guide for reference here
2. Download Galaxy A11 : a11q.
3. Reboot to download mode
4. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
5. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo.
6. Disable encryption:
Or:
- Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
- Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
7. Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
8. Reboot to recovery.
9. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
10. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Note:

Support:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram:
https://t.me/a11twrp

Bugs:
- Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
@jesec for unlock guide
@ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree
hello nice guide, one question though, how would i be able to re-enable encryption on my phone to reverse the install

zekromisblack

May 22, 2021
hello, sorry to bother you again, but how would i continue to use fingerprint sensor after the flash, as i am having trouble using it
it doesn't have to be official and all

Thanks in advance

macleo

Feb 3, 2008
Urdaneta City
home.png
backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:

Supported Models:

Download & Guide:
1. Unlock your bootloader, Disable AVB, S20 guide for reference here
3. Reboot to download mode
4. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
6. Disable encryption:
Or:
If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
8. Reboot to recovery.

Note:

Support:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Telegram:

Bugs:

TWRP team
@jesec for unlock guide

Sources:
Kernel tree
Device tree
Is this compatible to the latest update of A11 to android 11 and onui 3.1?

Reactions: Magnus.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. Complete n00b here.

I tried following the steps for installing TWRP on my A115M/DS (my final goal is to root it with Magisk). However, as was the case for other A115M owners in this thread, my phone got stuck in restart loop. By this answer, I need to flash vbmeta_disable.tar using Odin, ain't it?

My question is: where can I find this file?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi, I think you read about it in unlock guide thread? its there.
    physwizz Debloater v4
    For a11 & a02s
    (Tested with a025G)

OneUI 2.0 or 3.1

I'm using a very unusual method.
    I replace the apps with a blank apk file.

Installation

1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Mount system & vendor
    3. Backup system
    4. Open twrp terminal
    5. Type in
    mount -o rw,remount /system_root
    6. Install zip
    7. Reboot

If you find you want to get one of the apps back just restore the system backup
    Then use zarchiver to remove the apk from my Debloater.
    Then reinstall it.

@physwizz
    home.png
    backupname.png

Code:

Supported Models:

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    3. Reboot to download mode and flash vbmeta_disabled.tar in AP slot and reboot. Device will reboot to stock recovery mode prompting you to wipe data so wipe data and reboot to download mode again.
    4. Put the TWRP tar for your device with Odin in the AP slot and click start.
    6. Disable encryption:
    Or:
    8. Reboot to recovery.

Note:
    To disable encryption manually:
    You need to replace fileencryption=ice with encryptable=ice only in userdata line (maybe rest lines) in vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
    To avoid stock recovery restoration manually:
    Rename system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak

Support:

Telegram:

Bugs:

TWRP team

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Changelog:
    03.03.2021 - Update to latest TWRP source, Add terminal multidisabler script. fstab cleanup.
    17.12.2020 - Update to latest TWRP source, Fixed fastbootd, Fixed external_sd and usb-otg mount points.
    02.12.2020 - Initial Release.
    reserved for fastboot guide
    Ok. o you pick it from testing branch? And how do you install LOS? I'm tryin' with ADB Sideload but on my SM-A115F it's failed to start (I'm using TWRP that you had placed in this topic.)
    Extract to img and flash using fastboot to system, then flash magisk.
    Only a64_bvS can work on A11
    Hi, I am sort of stuck at this point. I tried this version and it gets me into bootloop.
    The latest version says invalid zip.
    Disable encryption!, flash multidisabler-samsung-3.x.zip and format data in twrp and type yes.