Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A22 SM-a225f

Search This thread

afrojanoon

Dec 31, 2019
Hi, I was wondering, is this compatible with f22 (SM-E225F), since they have similar configurations and all? If not, do you plan on making one for F22?

eXkc

Dec 10, 2021
HK
exxxxkc.neocities.org
lineage os (18.1)(older version don't Work) gsi is working on it :

Fingerprint work on lineage os

Lineage os with R/O file system :

Lineage os with R/W file system :

*edit: fix typo

added at 11-12 :

4 x camera on the back work fine with open camera when 'Enable assess to all cameras' option is enable in the setting ( Phh Treble Settings -> Samsung features -> Enable assess to all cameras) . Keep in mind , you need to reboot the a22 after you toggle the Enable assess to all cameras option.

3.5 mm headphone jack work fine when 'Use alternate way to detect headsets' option is enable in the setting ( Phh Treble Settings -> Misc features -> Use alternate way to detect headsets ) . Keep in mind , you need to reboot the a22 after you toggle the Use alternate way to detect headsets option.

added at 12-12

Two sim card slot are tested separately.

Only install 1 sim card on sim card slot 1 :

call work

sms work

mobile data work

Only install 1 sim card on sim card solt 2:

call work

sms work

mobile data not work

Hotspot not work

Bluetooth audio work fine when 'Force-disable A2DP offload' option is enable in the setting ( Phh Treble Settings -> Misc features -> Force-disable A2DP offload ) . Keep in mind , you need to reboot the a22 after you toggle the Force-disable A2DP offload option.

13-12-21 : update screenshot

For anything else , they seem to work :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211213-181911_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211213-181911_Settings.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

litepius

Dec 5, 2021
UPDATE

Flash at your own Risk !!!

Tested Working:

Backup
Flash zip
Fastbootd support
Flash gsi roms

Not Working:

Usb Otg
You tell me

How to Flash:

1. Reboot Device to Downloadmode
2. Unlock Bootloader
3. Install adb and Fastboot driver and Device Drivers ( Google will Help )
4. Download the VBMeta-disabled.tar and the twrpa22v3.tar from Attachments
5. Download Odin3 from Attachments and start Odin on PC
6. In Odin Press on Options and untick Auto Reboot
7. Flash VBMeta-disabled.tar with Odin ( In Odin click on AP - select the vbmeta-disabled.tar and press start )
8. After flash vbmeta without errors press on AP and select twrpa22v3.tar and press on start
9. If all is Flashed without errors longpress power and vol- on device
10. instantly after device goes Blackscreen press and hold power and vol+ for 5-8 seconds to boot to TWRP
11. In TWRP press on Advanced - than on Terminal - and write " multidisabler " and press on the blue button
12. repeat step 11
13. press on reboot - than on recovery

How to flash gsi:

Use the google platform tools adb/fastboot Download from Attachments

Boot to TWRP

1. In TWRP press Wipe-Advanced Wipe- select Dalvik, data, cache, metadata and swipe to wipe
2. After wipe go back to main screen and press Reboot- than press Fastboot
3. Device reboots to TWRP with Fastboot Interface
4. now plugin Device to PC open platform tools and execute cmd-here.exe
5. Type : fastboot devices - if no output check your Drivers/Usb connection
6. If device is Found by "fastboot devices" command enter " fastboot flash system PATHTOYOURGSI.img"
maybe it writes :Invalid sparse file format at header magic - but this can be ignored
After flash completed without errors type : fastboot reboot and press enter

GSI Download (Tested and bootable ) :
Only Arm64-BGZ Variants are bootable
( BTW gsi imgs with .xz File Format must be extracted ! Don't simple rename it to .img )

CrDroid 11 (Face-unlock and Fingerprint works)
android 12
Bliss 11
caos11

Credits:

afaneh92 For the a32x Devicetree​

View attachment 5409225View attachment 5409227View attachment 5409229
Device Tree base used : https://github.com/mohammad92/android_device_samsung_a32x
Kernelbase is same as my custom Kernel: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-galaxy-a22-sm-a255f--android-11.4329471/

Qbsoon

Jul 20, 2016
I as wondering how you guys have unlocked bootloader? I have (my friend's) a22 5g and I just can't find a way to do this. I had tried various methods from google, but it just doesn't show up in developer options. I've read that on MediaTek I could do this with fastboot, but when I open fastboot, it says "Entering fastboot mode..." and on pc it doesn't see my device with "fastboot devices". I tried various drivers, but none of them is working with this phone. And one of them I coudn't even try, because it wasn't signed and I'm to lazy to reboot windows with disabled drivers signing.

Platypus Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2021
I as wondering how you guys have unlocked bootloader? I have (my friend's) a22 5g and I just can't find a way to do this. I had tried various methods from google, but it just doesn't show up in developer options. I've read that on MediaTek I could do this with fastboot, but when I open fastboot, it says "Entering fastboot mode..." and on pc it doesn't see my device with "fastboot devices". I tried various drivers, but none of them is working with this phone. And one of them I coudn't even try, because it wasn't signed and I'm to lazy to reboot windows with disabled drivers signing.
Fastboot doesn't work because Samsung phones don't have fastboot mode, but it does have Download mode.

Are you sure there's nothing in developer options with "OEM Unlock"?

Edit: If OEM Unlocking is not visible in the developer options, it's possible the bootloader is completely locked down or already unlocked.

Last edited:

Qbsoon

Jul 20, 2016
Yeah, I almost lost hope and I wanted to give up. My friend wanted me to to install him a rom with a different region. When I tried to do that, odin was like doing nothing, after I clicked start it was just constantly at "setupConnection..." and I thought that it's because of oem lock. After few hours of trying to get rid of it, I tried flashing rom again and it just worked...

Qbsoon

Jul 20, 2016
Fastboot doesn't work because Samsung phones don't have fastboot mode, but it does have Download mode.

Are you sure there's nothing in developer options with "OEM Unlock"?

Edit: If OEM Unlocking is not visible in the developer options, it's possible the bootloader is completely locked down or already unlocked.
I have still a problem. After flashing non-carrier rom, carrier bloatware and logo and everything is still present.

Platypus Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2021
I have still a problem. After flashing non-carrier rom, carrier bloatware and logo and everything is still present.
But have you unlocked the bootloader? You gave no sign that you were able to. Assuming you were, flash the empty VBMeta provided to disable verifiedboot, reboot (will reboot to recovery and ask to factory reset and restart a few times), back to Odin mode, flash a tar file with a patched Magisk boot image (if you have one) and reboot. Now just install the debloat module and remove them through the terminal.

If you haven't unlocked the bootloader yet, I really don't know what to do. Give it a try to see if it was already pre-unlocked.

Qbsoon

Jul 20, 2016
But have you unlocked the bootloader? You gave no sign that you were able to. Assuming you were, flash the empty VBMeta provided to disable verifiedboot, reboot (will reboot to recovery and ask to factory reset and restart a few times), back to Odin mode, flash a tar file with a patched Magisk boot image (if you have one) and reboot. Now just install the debloat module and remove them through the terminal.

If you haven't unlocked the bootloader yet, I really don't know what to do. Give it a try to see if it was already pre-unlocked.
No, it's definitely locked. There was "oem lock: on" in download mode

Platypus Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2021
No, it's definitely locked. There was "oem lock: on" in download mode
There are carriers which completey lock down the bootloader on their phones, AT&T for instance. I have an S4 from AT&T that I still use and gets custom rom updates because of a bootloader exploit that was mercifully found. Doubt something like that exists for another phone.

PaulinoBaslio

Nov 10, 2016
UPDATE

Tested Working:

Backup
Flash zip
Fastbootd support
Flash gsi roms

Not Working:

Usb Otg
You tell me

How to Flash:

2. Unlock Bootloader
7. Flash VBMeta-disabled.tar with Odin ( In Odin click on AP - select the vbmeta-disabled.tar and press start )
8. After flash vbmeta without errors press on AP and select twrpa22v3.tar and press on start
10. instantly after device goes Blackscreen press and hold power and vol+ for 5-8 seconds to boot to TWRP
11. In TWRP press on Advanced - than on Terminal - and write " multidisabler " and press on the blue button
12. repeat step 11

How to flash gsi:

Boot to TWRP

1. In TWRP press Wipe-Advanced Wipe- select Dalvik, data, cache, metadata and swipe to wipe
6. If device is Found by "fastboot devices" command enter " fastboot flash system PATHTOYOURGSI.img"
maybe it writes :Invalid sparse file format at header magic - but this can be ignored

( BTW gsi imgs with .xz File Format must be extracted ! Don't simple rename it to .img )

android 12
Bliss 11
caos11

Credits:

View attachment 5409225View attachment 5409227View attachment 5409229
Device Tree base used : https://github.com/mohammad92/android_device_samsung_a32x
Kernelbase is same as my custom Kernel: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-galaxy-a22-sm-a255f--android-11.4329471/
I would like to know how to enter fastbootd mode!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View attachment 5598531

Caos Worked fast here but some stuffs did not, like Digital Fingerprint, USB file sharing (just on recovery mode) and the cameras do not count, due to a problem on them, so I can't say if it worked or not.

Wireless worked on 2.4 and 5.8 GHz

Dual Sim+SD card worked fine, all at the same time.

Now I am goint to try another rom... this time will be the "lineage-19.1-20220410-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img".... Let's see what will happen...
    a melhor GSI é a Pixel Experience...funciona super fluida ..mas tem os mesmos bugs
    wifi hotspot
    usb file
    UPDATE

Tested Working:

Backup
    Flash zip
    Fastbootd support
    Flash gsi roms

Not Working:

Usb Otg
    You tell me

How to Flash:

2. Unlock Bootloader
    12. repeat step 11

How to flash gsi:

Boot to TWRP

android 12
    Bliss 11
    caos11

Credits:

Screenshot_2021-09-14-00-27-42.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-14-00-28-21.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-14-00-28-50.png
    KI

A22 4g Tree :https://github.com/deader89/galaxy-A22-4g-twrp-Tree
    Thank you for following your tutorial, successfully rooting, and flashing the system
    Screenshot_20211206-063119376.jpg
    Hi there, I'm a noob regarding to this, but I was able to follow this guide successfully for my A225m.

But I'd like to understand what's going on here, can you give an explanation about each step and what does it do?

Also, can the vbmeta flashing be done _without_ Odin? For example using only fastboot (which works on Linux unlike Odin).
    https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/avb/+/master/README.md this is documentation about vbmeta

i think it cant be flashed without odin before twrp is installed
    Otg work in twrp

(tested with usb keyboard)
    View attachment 5598531

Caos Worked fast here but some stuffs did not, like Digital Fingerprint, USB file sharing (just on recovery mode) and the cameras do not count, due to a problem on them, so I can't say if it worked or not.

Wireless worked on 2.4 and 5.8 GHz

Dual Sim+SD card worked fine, all at the same time.

Now I am goint to try another rom... this time will be the "lineage-19.1-20220410-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img".... Let's see what will happen...
    a melhor GSI é a Pixel Experience...funciona super fluida ..mas tem os mesmos bugs
    wifi hotspot
    usb file