• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A30

Search This thread

geiti94

Mar 18, 2009
Zürich
Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: A30(Exynos variant - A305F)
Download

Sources:
TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
-Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked anymore on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
- Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
- Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable :)

- Initial Release

Guide:
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot in download mode and flash the TWRP tar
  8. boot to twrp
  9. format data in twrp
  10. flash the multidisabler zip (its in the same download folder)
  11. now you can reboot

Bugs:
-USB OTG mount for the moment

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek: thx to @Ziauddin_Sameer for test for me the twrp builds :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A30, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy A30

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-09-15

Created 2019-09-15
Last Updated 2019-09-21

Ziauddin_Sameer

Oct 25, 2016
Chittagong

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download

Sources:

Changelog:

- Initial Release

Guide:
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  8. hold vol up+ bixby+power while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
  9. format data in twrp
  11. now you can reboot

Bugs:

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek:

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-09-15
Last Updated 2019-09-15

hey bro tested it first ;)

ariltonsama

Aug 10, 2015
Ouro Preto
The OEM Unlock option does not appear on my phone. Mobile is in "normal" mode, I have more than 7 days of uptime, the option simply does not appear. I've tried all the tricks I've seen on the internet. SM-A305GT. Would anyone have any solution?

Reactions: hacker812c

JMags777

Feb 23, 2018
CEBU
If the bootloader is already unlocked, can I flash it with Odin directly? Btw, my A30 is already rooted with Magisk.

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Not able to do backup. giving error

This was happening on the A20 until we worked out how to remove the data encryption.
You could try this.
To ensure that data is not encrypted so as to enable data to be backed up follow these steps
8. Boot the A20 into TWRP and mount everything that you can.
9. Format Data
10. Flash this zip https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4816260&d=1567840759
11. Reboot into Recovery. It will reboot into download mode.
12. On the pc repeat step 7. (See thread below)
13. Reboot phone and re-enter all data.
14. Reboot into Recovery.
15. Backup Data.
16. You can now restore after any crash, but you may need to forget your wifi and go back in to it.

Thread is here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/twrp-samsung-galaxy-a20-custom-recovery-t3955271

Last edited:
Reactions: AK2H

SrJeffrey

Sep 27, 2019
Vai em configurações/ sobre o telefone/ número de compilação, vai clica rapidamente ate aparecer a a seguinte mensagem (você já é um desenvolvedor) dai é só vc voltar pras configurações e rolar a tela até o final das configurações vai aparecer a opção desenvolvedor nela vc clica e procura a opção desbloqueo OEM

takikatana

Jun 13, 2019
Rom for twrp

I have now problem with Selinux encreption . I need to turn on permessive mod and i dont know how to do it .is there ant video or tuturial for that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Exynos ONLY.

Special Notes:

Download

Sources:

Changelog:
    -Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked anymore on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
    - Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
    - Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable :)

- Initial Release

Guide:
    8. boot to twrp
    9. format data in twrp
    11. now you can reboot

Bugs:

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek: thx to @Ziauddin_Sameer for test for me the twrp builds :eek:

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-09-15
    Last Updated 2019-09-21
    so build for ASJ2 are uploaded and twrp should work again normaly on ASJ2 bootloader

Exynos ONLY.

Special Notes:

Download

Sources:

Changelog:

- Initial Release

Guide:
    8. hold vol up+ bixby+power while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
    9. format data in twrp
    11. now you can reboot

Bugs:

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek:

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-09-15
    Last Updated 2019-09-15

yes and thx for that :p added your name on op :D
    How to install GSI rom on Samsung galaxy A30

same. i waiting for new TWRP
    I ran in to exact same issue as you both. I restored my phone by flashing stock firmware using ODIN.

Then i followed this guide https://www.recovery-mode.com/twrp/root-twrp-for-samsung-galaxy-a30-android-10-q.html
    I used the resources linked in that guide (you must do the same), EXACTLY & PRECISELY followed the steps and i had working TWRP with access to /system.

Then i downloaded GSI from here and then extracted it
    https://github.com/phhusson/treble_...9/system-quack-arm32_binder64-ab-gapps.img.xz

Flashed by following the guide here.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-generic-system-image-project-treble-device/

I had Samsung A30F with Android 10.
    Good luck :)