[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A30

Search This thread

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
compatibility

so again new builds since i needed to revert the mtp changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked anymore on sammy roms

I jumped on this Samsung Galaxy A30 (A305G) because it was discounted $60 other day... but it only has 32GB internal.
Is this TWRP built for the 64GB?
I have a short return window, & looking to see if the 64GB is available with the discount...
Thanks,
zach

EDIT SINCE NO RESPONSE FOR FUTURE INQUIRIES ON THIS..... :
TWRP BUILD HAS NO DEFINITIVE FLAGS IN THE TREE AS TO INTERNAL ROM SIZE
WORKS ON ANY INTERNAL SIZES (32GB, 64GB, 128GB)

Last edited:

walkinthedogg

Oct 31, 2019
Flashed TWRP, now phone stuck on boot screen- cycling

I made it through step 7- Flash TWRP.
when I rebooted, the phone is now stuck on a boot screen "This phone is not running Samsung's official software...."
I can get a download mode screen, but Odin fails on trying to reflash the same TWRP.

Any suggestion to get the stock firmware back?

jam24ph

Apr 3, 2014
Not able to do backup. giving error

Edit: Fixed it by flashing disable Dm_Verity zip

sir i followed the procedures very well, bur still i failed i making a backup.. can give to me the step by step that you made in flashing twrp so that i can also follow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: A30(Exynos variant - A305F)
    Download

Sources:
    TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
    -Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked anymore on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
    - Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
    - Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable :)

- Initial Release

Guide:
    1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
    2. power off the device and boot in download mode
    3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
    4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
    5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
    6. setup the phone without google account etc
    7. reboot in download mode and flash the TWRP tar
    8. boot to twrp
    9. format data in twrp
    10. flash the multidisabler zip (its in the same download folder)
    11. now you can reboot

Bugs:
    -USB OTG mount for the moment

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek: thx to @Ziauddin_Sameer for test for me the twrp builds :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A30, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy A30

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-09-15

Created 2019-09-15
    Last Updated 2019-09-21
    so build for ASJ2 are uploaded and twrp should work again normaly on ASJ2 bootloader
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
    In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
    1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
    2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
    (Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
    3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
    (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
    4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: A30(Exynos variant - A305F)
    Download

Sources:
    TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:

- Initial Release

Guide:
    1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
    2. power off the device and boot in download mode
    3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
    4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
    5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
    6. setup the phone without google account etc
    7. reboot in download mode and flash the TWRP tar
    8. hold vol up+ bixby+power while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
    9. format data in twrp
    10. flash the multidisabler zip (its in the same download folder)
    11. now you can reboot

Bugs:
    -USB OTG mount for the moment

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A30, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy A30

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-09-15

Created 2019-09-15
    Last Updated 2019-09-15

hey bro tested it first ;)
    hey bro tested it first ;)

yes and thx for that :p added your name on op :D
    How to install GSI rom on Samsung galaxy A30

same. i waiting for new TWRP
    I ran in to exact same issue as you both. I restored my phone by flashing stock firmware using ODIN.

Then i followed this guide https://www.recovery-mode.com/twrp/root-twrp-for-samsung-galaxy-a30-android-10-q.html
    I used the resources linked in that guide (you must do the same), EXACTLY & PRECISELY followed the steps and i had working TWRP with access to /system.

Then i downloaded GSI from here and then extracted it
    https://github.com/phhusson/treble_...9/system-quack-arm32_binder64-ab-gapps.img.xz

Flashed by following the guide here.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-generic-system-image-project-treble-device/

I had Samsung A30F with Android 10.
    Good luck :)