[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A30

Search This thread

utsc

Aug 20, 2011
Will this remove Network (SIM) Lock ?

I have Galaxy A30 Locked to Optus Australia (SM-A305YZKNXSA - Exynos 7904 3GB, 32GB)

I would like to remove the SIM Lock and also flash with international firmware and de-brand the phone

Last edited:

jays note 2

Mar 10, 2015
Silverdale, North Shore
I got bootloop in last firmware

SM-A305F
PDA A305FDDS3ASK2
CSC A305FOLM3ASK2

To confirm your firmware???? Your currently on ASK2 firmware??????
If you are....may I suggest Downloading firmware A30f ASH1 and flashing with Odin.

This will put you on the same firmware as TWRP. I've done this personally myself on my A30GN then flashed ASH1 TWRP with Odin.

Oh and don't forget to ROOT before flashing TWRP!!! You'll boot loop if you aren't

Last edited:

Krittatees

Jun 1, 2016
To confirm your firmware???? Your currently on ASK2 firmware??????
If you are....may I suggest Downloading firmware A30f ASH1 and flashing with Odin.

This will put you on the same firmware as TWRP. I've done this personally myself on my A30GN then flashed ASH1 TWRP with Odin.

Oh and don't forget to ROOT before flashing TWRP!!! You'll boot loop if you aren't

Oh thank you bro but samsung block to dowgrade firmware from binary2 to binary1

Last edited:

janerjcv88

Dec 28, 2016
Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: A30(Exynos variant - A305F)
Download

Sources:
TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
-Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked anymore on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
- Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
- Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable :)

- Initial Release

Guide:
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot in download mode and flash the TWRP tar
  8. boot to twrp
  9. format data in twrp
  10. flash the multidisabler zip (its in the same download folder)
  11. now you can reboot

Bugs:
-USB OTG mount for the moment

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek: thx to @Ziauddin_Sameer for test for me the twrp builds :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A30, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy A30

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-09-15

Created 2019-09-15
Last Updated 2019-09-21

Only A305F or all exynos variants?

Feb 20, 2020
What about twrp for the latest version of firmware. After updating to oneui2 i have some freezes and sometimes screen just turning off:confused:
So i want to flash some custom but this recovery doesn'n allow to do this. Can somebody give an advice to me:fingers-crossed:

jollyroger101

Mar 8, 2020
On A30s (Exynos) I'm also stuck in the "This phone is not running Samsung's official software." boot loop but I also can't boot into downloading mode.
I did find a similar situation on this thread.
The problem is when I
do VolDown + Power to reboot the phone, and the moment the screen turns black, press VolUp + VolDown. It'll bring you to a different screen where you can press VolUp to go into download mode for flashing the stock firmware via Odin
my A30s does not respond to VolUp + VolDown.

Nov 23, 2012
some where in india
Can i flash other country firmware?

yes and thx for that :p added your name on op :D

Hello guys....
I m using galaxy A30 SM-A305G.... CSC is TPA Panama region firmware android 9 (pie) its a unlocked phone not any carrier locked......... can i flash indian region SM-A305F firmware anroid 10 in my device ? And how can i do ? Pls guide me......thnx in advanced....

Reactions: Bala Bullu

Menchu_ADan

Mar 28, 2020
Funciona para sm a305g

Funciona para sm
a305g?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Hello guys....
I m using galaxy A30 SM-A305G.... CSC is TPA Panama region firmware android 9 (pie) its a unlocked phone not any carrier locked......... can i flash indian region SM-A305F firmware anroid 10 in my device ? And how can i do ? Pls guide me......thnx in advanced....

No funciona. Sale fail en odin
Solo se puede con cualquiera del SM A305G de cualquier pais

AnasOmar

Dec 20, 2019
Not working with android Q

Worked perfectly with pie. not working with android 10. After installing twrp, Did Format data and Installed multidisabler.zip. But when i try to boot it says no OS installed. Please help me with this issue. Thanks :)

juanlogioia

Sep 17, 2016

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maketecheasier.com%2Fassets%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F01%2Ftwrp-featured.jpg

Exynos ONLY.
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download

Sources:

Changelog:

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked anymore on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
- Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)

- Initial Release

Guide:
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  8. boot to twrp
  9. format data in twrp
  11. now you can reboot

Bugs:

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek: thx to @Ziauddin_Sameer for test for me the twrp builds :eek:

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-09-15
Last Updated 2019-09-21

hey bro the odin app says failed

okeybenjamin

Oct 16, 2018
On A30s (Exynos) I'm also stuck in the "This phone is not running Samsung's official software." boot loop but I also can't boot into downloading mode.
I did find a similar situation on this thread.
The problem is when I my A30s does not respond to VolUp + VolDown.

I had this same issue on my A30SF when I tried to flash the twrp. It continually reboots. Just keep holding down both volume keys, it will eventually go into download mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Exynos ONLY.

Special Notes:

Download

Sources:

Changelog:

- Initial Release

Guide:
    8. boot to twrp
    9. format data in twrp
    11. now you can reboot

Bugs:

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-09-15
    Last Updated 2019-09-21
    so build for ASJ2 are uploaded and twrp should work again normaly on ASJ2 bootloader

Exynos ONLY.

Special Notes:

Download

Sources:

Changelog:

- Initial Release

Guide:
    8. hold vol up+ bixby+power while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
    9. format data in twrp
    11. now you can reboot

Bugs:

NOTE: i dont have the phone byself. i compiled this twrp so that a30 users can start to mod his phone :eek:

Contributors
    geiti94
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-09-15
    Last Updated 2019-09-15

hey bro tested it first ;)
    hey bro tested it first ;)

yes and thx for that :p added your name on op :D
    How to install GSI rom on Samsung galaxy A30

same. i waiting for new TWRP
    I ran in to exact same issue as you both. I restored my phone by flashing stock firmware using ODIN.

Then i followed this guide https://www.recovery-mode.com/twrp/root-twrp-for-samsung-galaxy-a30-android-10-q.html
    I used the resources linked in that guide (you must do the same), EXACTLY & PRECISELY followed the steps and i had working TWRP with access to /system.

Then i downloaded GSI from here and then extracted it
    https://github.com/phhusson/treble_...9/system-quack-arm32_binder64-ab-gapps.img.xz

Flashed by following the guide here.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-generic-system-image-project-treble-device/

I had Samsung A30F with Android 10.
    Good luck :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone