• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A32 5G (MediaTek)

Search This thread

rey_lagarto

Jul 30, 2010
Tarragona
Hi, I decided to try installing TWRP again.
But I'm still having some problems. In the step where you have to flash the two files via Odin, Odin works correctly, but on the phone there is a line of text that says, that only official binary files can be added, and after a few minutes, Odin gives me a write error.
Does anyone know what I can do?
Thank you.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Hi, I decided to try installing TWRP again.
But I'm still having some problems. In the step where you have to flash the two files via Odin, Odin works correctly, but on the phone there is a line of text that says, that only official binary files can be added, and after a few minutes, Odin gives me a write error.
Does anyone know what I can do?
Thank you.
kg state must be checking to flash custom files, connect to internet and open browser.

Reactions: rey_lagarto

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
So this TWRP works on A326B version 3? And do you have to download the vbmeta disable thing as well?
Yes. This all works and the service was excellent. Still getting a bit of help after odin reflashing and TWRP restoring and they were more than willing to do so. They will get you rooted with TWRP.

rey_lagarto

Jul 30, 2010
Tarragona
I got it!
It has taken me several attempts, because I flashed a version that was not correct, but that's it.
Now I'm trying to do a couple of things, one of them is to remove as much bloatware as possible.
I've seen a guide on how to do it with Termux and Debloat, the Magisk module, but it's not efficient at all, I don't know if there is a list of safe apps to remove, because the guide offers a very long list, but it doesn't distinguish between system apps and junk.
One of the apps I'm most interested in removing is GameLauncher, although I'm not sure it won't give me problems if I do it, but I want to remove everything I don't really need.
Thanks to all of you.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

lovaduck

Nov 7, 2018
Bariloche
Just bought a couple SM-A326UZKUXAA from Amazon. It starts with A326U so I guess it meets the reqs. I wonder, should I do the process before letting the phone initialize and install OTA updates or is this not dependent on a specific firmware level. I want to have TWRP and start with stock then maybe try other things but preserve my options by installing TWRP. Thanks for any comments!

financeledger

May 31, 2021
Just bought a couple SM-A326UZKUXAA from Amazon. It starts with A326U so I guess it meets the reqs. I wonder, should I do the process before letting the phone initialize and install OTA updates or is this not dependent on a specific firmware level. I want to have TWRP and start with stock then maybe try other things but preserve my options by installing TWRP. Thanks for any comments!
Ota update and risk kosing the ability to have bootloader unlocked stay on highest bit3. Or lower

bone81666

Oct 14, 2017
am i S.O.L. ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-222339_SamMobile Device Info.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-222339_SamMobile Device Info.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 48

lMuted

Nov 1, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Hello.
Well, I got it, I had to enter download mode first.
Anyway, it didn't do me any good, since when I rebooted the phone, it didn't boot the system, and constantly returned to TWRP.
I didn't have time to wait for an answer, so I had to look for a system update file in order to get it back.
Now I'm back to factory system, but no root, no TWRP.
To say that I followed the steps as indicated, except for Magisk, which could not find the zip.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Hello, I have the same problem, I did everything instruction, when I reboot the system it go to twrp always, I have sm-a326b/ds too, help

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Disable auto update from dev options. Then type the following in cmd/terminal while usb debugging on:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.ws.dm

Ignore the error out if package doesn't exist.

Thats correct.

Do apply the commands after every factory reset or if flash stock rom

So I finally got started with my v1 bootloader A32 5G's. Used latest adbLink 4.6 to USB command to it.

Seems the last three packages do not exist on them. They all show "Unknown package" . Can anybody confirm ?

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.sdm.sdmviewer
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.ws.dm

Guess it doesn't hurt to try incase they are there on some models.

financeledger

May 31, 2021
So I finally got started with my v1 bootloader A32 5G's. Used latest adbLink 4.6 to USB command to it.

Seems the last three packages do not exist on them. They all show "Unknown package" . Can anybody confirm ?

Guess it doesn't hurt to try incase they are there on some models.
Correct for our device A326U only the first 2 exist.

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    home.png
    backupname.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Supported Models:
    Galaxy A32 5G A326B, A326U, A326U1 and A326W.

US/Canada bootloader unlock thread:
    here

Download & Guide:
    1. Unlock your bootloader.
    2. Download A32 5G: a32x.
    3. Put the TWRP TAR for your device with Odin in the AP slot, vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in USERDATA slot and click start.
    4. Reboot to recovery via recovery key combo (Vol up + power + USB connected).
    5. Disable encryption:
    - Go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler.​
    If vendor complain about free space left on device, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to - Run multidisabler again!.​
    - Type: multidisabler again. will see - Finished. when done.​
    - Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.​
    - Reboot to recovery.​
    6. Flash magisk apk in twrp.
    7. Reboot to system, Enjoy.

Support:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Bugs:
    - Encryption not fully working.

TWRP team
    @ianmacd for multidisabler

Sources:
    Kernel tree
    Device tree
    Any chance for a A326B support? Im rooted with magisk, but would love TWRP! :D
    Yes its supported
    Any chance / plans to make it works on 4G version ?
    Sorry if out of threads.
    No
    looking forward to update for a325f/ds